Pre-Game Talk: 5 in a row? Hurricanes up next

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It seems like you're the fanboy. Eberle, boy. Yum, yum. He sucks. Get over it
He is 4 times the player Yamamoto is.
Shit, Yamamoto gets spoon fed McDrai and has 38 career points in 130 games, Eberle had 33 last year in 55 games. Not a fanboy but I’m also not a homer who would take objectively worse players cause all Oilers perfect

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
He is 4 times the player Yamamoto is.
Shit, Yamamoto gets spoon fed McDrai and has 38 career points in 130 games, Eberle had 33 last year in 55 games. Not a fanboy but I’m also not a homer who would take objectively worse players cause all Oilers perfect
Yamamoto sucks too, what's your point?

At least Yamamoto has balls.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Bear played like garbage for the second playoffs in a row, Barrie actually had a decent series against Winnipeg and a far better regular season? Why would you lobby to have Bear back over Barrie?

Nothing against Bear but from a pure hockey POV I mean do you get mad like for example that players don't go to bat to guys who have bad seasons? If we let Turris or Lagesson or someone else go should Connor also lobby for them too?
Ya Bear didn't play well last year and maybe he needed more support especially after the playoffs. But he didn't get it which is a tell.

The club backed Barrie over Bear and the leadership group was behind this 100%.

So now they need to level up and win. Otherwise it's just a reincarnation of the old boys club.

McDavid is a talent but not a leader of men. Drai is the heartbeat of this team

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Perhaps, see what happens in the playoffs I guess. I’m somewhat optimistic we will have an actual 3rd line by TDL. Holloway maybe and an add via trade.
The key part of my post was “right now”. Trades tend to swing in favor towards one team and another depending the season and team performance. You can only really truly evaluate a trade after all the dust has settled. For example Hall for Larsson looked terrible at the time the trade was announced but in hindsight it wasn’t as bad as it seemed.

The Bear trade doesn’t look amazing now but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up looking good for us at some point down the road.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Where is this article? Always felt like the org was against him and would love to read it. If we don't win the cup I hope he does with Carolina, I always loved him and thought he would be a long term piece to the Oilers success.

What's this narrative that the org was against him? They fostered him.

Reactions: harpoon

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm dumb as f*** compared to most ppl on these boards, but even I know this statement is hilarious. You can't be serious.
Eberle is twice as good as Yamamoto, still better than Puljujarvi and him and Nuge are slightly interchangeable but Eberle gets the nod cause he can score.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Since we're in dark days right now.. .I just want to say how disapointed I am in the Duncan Keith fans. Not ONCE have I seen anyone post the Wins/Loss record of him in the lineup and him out of it. I'm positive it skews towards making him look amazing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Wonder if putting all the heavy tanks on line 1 would be a good idea.

Hyman - Draisaitl - Puljuarvi
Foegele - McDavid - Yamamoto

We need to get Foegele scoring goals asap and perhaps McDavid would help. Gotta try something new when nothing is working.
If this was to happen I am willing to bet that Nuge-McLeod-Kassian would be our best ES line.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Since we're in dark days right now.. .I just want to say how disapointed I am in the Duncan Keith fans. Not ONCE have I seen anyone post the Wins/Loss record of him in the lineup and him out of it. I'm positive it skews towards making him look amazing.
Keith is good but fans are high on the Neimelainen shine and his hit count.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
All the Bear talk in this thread is hilarious. He did nothing and I mean absolutely nothing here and he’s going to get lit up tomorrow.
I liked Bear and thought he did OK here aside from some very costly mistakes in the playoffs...

However I don't get why so many posters on here are blubbering about him like a bunch of toddlers despite the fact he was literally traded only 5 months ago. The overall outcome of the Bear / Foegele trade is far from being determined. Like jeez people! :facepalm:Relax.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad