Pre-Game Talk: 5 in a row? Hurricanes up next

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
the Bear obsession reminds me of all those Hallsy fanboys pumping his tires
its.not.about.the.player.

its about the return on the player.

Hall provided way more to this hockey club than Larsson did. Bear COULD have been a better fit than Foegele has been thus far.

I don't give a toss about Bear if Foegs even had 4/5 goals (which is below the bare minimum for expectations). It was an L trade, just like Hall trade, Eberle trade.

again it repeat,

its not about the player, its about the level of the player we got back

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
its.not.about.the.player.

its about the return on the player.

Hall provided way more to this hockey club than Larsson did. Bear COULD have been a better fit than Foegele has been thus far.

I don't give a toss about Bear if Foegs even had 4/5 goals (which is below the bare minimum for expectations). It was an L trade, just like Hall trade, Eberle trade.

again it repeat,

its not about the player, its about the level of the player we got back
you overvalue Bear...he's not big, he's not fast and has average offensive instincts
his value is his potential, but so is Foegs

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
you overvalue Bear...he's not big, he's not fast and has average offensive instincts
his value is his potential, but so is Foegs
believe it or not, I'm far from a Bear fan but if Tippett was smart and replicated the same usage of Bear as Brind'amour has been, he could have been a positive value on our disgusting Dcore.

My one and only love on this Oilers blueline is Klefbom.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
believe it or not, I'm far from a Bear fan but if Tippett was smart and replicated the same usage of Bear as Brind'amour has been, he could have been a positive value on our disgusting Dcore.

My one and only love on this Oilers blueline is Klefbom.
Bear is playing 17:51 a game on the Canes
he played 17:58 for the Oilers
that's bottom pairing on both clubs

the difference being the Canes are a much better team with a better D corps

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Bear is playing 17:51 a game on the Canes
he played 17:58 for the Oilers
that's bottom pairing on both clubs

the difference being the Canes are a much better team with a better D corps
all I want is Foegele to make a scoring impact in our bottom 6 which is a disgustingly outscored.

at the bare minimum they have to stop bleeding goals

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Canes have 59 5v5 goals
Oilers have 49
there's a better ES team
Okay. Barrie has 0.28ppg. Edmonton has scored 0.83% of Carolinas 5v5 goals
Bear is at 0.33ppg, 83% of that is 0.28ppg. Bear is contributing to the same % of Carolinas goals 5v5 as Barrie is here.
While Barrie has a 2.94 GA/60 (2.7xGA/60) while Bear is at 1.56 GA/60 (2.48xGA/60)
Hell even Bear last year was at 2.49GA/60(1.91xGA/60)

So Bear against elite competition is better defensively (yes Slavin helps a ton but his numbers aren't substantially improved either way) and is producing at a similar rate as Barrie is.

So how is Barrie better at all this year?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
all I want is Foegele to make a scoring impact in our bottom 6 which is a disgustingly outscored.

at the bare minimum they have to stop bleeding goals
I think finding a 2RW and moving Yamamoto down would help a shit ton honestly.

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
1 - "Eberle was a liability" LOL. He could walk into this locker room and would instantly be a top 6 winger and secondary scoring we desperately need, just like he has been for the last 12 years. Look at our supporting cast and then say you're glad a guy on pace for goddamn 40 this year is gone. You live on another planet.

2- What the hell is this garbage about "Bear isn't here because of Bouchard, not Barrie"? We have 3 spots on the depth chart. I don't care how we get there. Who would you rather have behind Bouch; an aging, more expensive player who is like Bouchard just worse and gets his PP time (Barrie), or a cheap young D more suited to defensive deployments who can at least be on the ice against quality competition (Bear)?

3- Gee it's starting to look incredibly stupid Holland chose Keith and Barrie over Bear and $8million in cap space. WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS!?!?!?!?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I think finding a 2RW and moving Yamamoto down would help a shit ton honestly.
for that we'd have to spend. which I am 100% ok with.

I'm ready to finance the future of this whole club for a chance to win now. we are starting to take McDrai for granted

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
1 - "Eberle was a liability" LOL. He could walk into this locker room and would instantly be a top 6 winger and secondary scoring we desperately need, just like he has been for the last 12 years. Look at our supporting cast and then say you're glad a guy on pace for goddamn 40 this year is gone. You live on another planet.

2- What the hell is this garbage about "Bear isn't here because of Bouchard, not Barrie"? We have 3 spots on the depth chart. I don't care how we get there. Who would you rather have behind Bouch; an aging, more expensive player who is like Bouchard just worse and gets his PP time (Barrie), or a cheap young D more suited to defensive deployments who can at least be on the ice against quality competition (Bear)?

3- Gee it's starting to look incredibly stupid Holland chose Keith and Barrie over Bear and $8million in cap space. WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS!?!?!?!?
the undying thing in all of this, ASSET MANAGEMENT.

Thank you.

Reactions: Czechboy

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

The moment Barrie was signed Bear had to go. Which in itself was a mistake. Bear, Barrie and Bouchard would have been a bad mix. I like the Ceci addition now but choosing Barrie over Bear (no matter how much McDavid begged Holland) shouldn't have happened.

Reactions: Czechboy

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Okay. Barrie has 0.28ppg. Edmonton has scored 0.83% of Carolinas 5v5 goals
Bear is at 0.33ppg, 83% of that is 0.28ppg. Bear is contributing to the same % of Carolinas goals 5v5 as Barrie is here.
While Barrie has a 2.94 GA/60 (2.7xGA/60) while Bear is at 1.56 GA/60 (2.48xGA/60)
Hell even Bear last year was at 2.49GA/60(1.91xGA/60)

So Bear against elite competition is better defensively (yes Slavin helps a ton but his numbers aren't substantially improved either way) and is producing at a similar rate as Barrie is.

So how is Barrie better at all this year?
I'm talking in general...Barrie led all d-man in point last year

he started slow this year but let's see at the end of the year

Reactions: harpoon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wearing one of my Bear jerseys for the game. Will cheer when he scores (former Oiler guaranteed goal) and cheer louder when the Oilers win. And my son is the DD for the game so look out Carolina. Gonna be a good time and a good game.
Think I'd rather have Warren Foegele score a couple and we win. It's been about 6 games now, so time for Kassian to make an appearance for one game, and then back into hibernation.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Minnesotas main fault this year is their pp.
Maybe we can do a swap something like...
Barrie, 1st for Fiala, Benn
Kassian, Lavoie, 2nd for Fleury @50% ( hey owe us from the Keith trade)
Koskinen,5th for Eakin

Hyman - McDavid - Fiala
RNH - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Foegele - McLeod - Puljujarvi
Shore - Eakin - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Niemelainen - Benn

Fleury
Smith

Ad

Upcoming events