GDT: #5: FLYERS at Oilers, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm pretty content with my critical thinking since between the two of us, i'm the one that understands how good Couturier has been...long before he was paired with Giroux.

Good day.

I'm sure you believe that despite being the one who didn't understand the context or point of the post he was responding to, thinks "offensive driver relative to" is the same as "5 v 5 play driver", and is now, for the second time, making a pretentious victory/mocking post despite making no actual counter argument.

You sound like a real academic, have a great day.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure you believe that despite being the one who didn't understand the context or point of the post he was responding to, thinks "offensive driver relative to" is the same as "5 v 5 play driver", and is now, for the second time, making a pretentious victory/mocking post despite making no actual counter argument.

You sound like a real academic, have a great day.

I'm not even sure you know what your context or point is to be honest.

Have an even better day.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm not even sure you know what your context or point is to be honest.

Have an even better day.

I explicitly spelled it out several times, including in the 1st post you read where you completely imagined or fabricated words I asked you to find. That you still haven't. You're kind of, once again, reinforcing that reading comprehension point there despite perpetually feigning that you didn't get into an argument you misunderstood because you were impulsive.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Top players caused camp to shut down be cause of lackluster play and now they aren't showing up for games. Shocking these slow players have no points. Jesus even hayes is being f***ed over playing with these guys but should have a ton of goals on individual play. NO CHEMISTRY compared to other top lines and no speed period.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
1C* according to AV

giphy.gif

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
We really need Nolan Patrick back..and for him to take a big step this season. If he can get into that 40 point range, that would be fantastic.

Patrick would force AV to do less dumb decisions. It would force Laughton back to the 4th line and no way in hell should Stewart ever get more than the 4th line with that kind of shit. Honestly, I wonder if Bunny-man and Twar are up only because Patrick has been out? Especially since they can be sent down with no issues. But seriously, if they keep being no-shows and Patrick is feeling better, send them down, bring up Farabee. Ideal lines, mother f***ers.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Patrick would force AV to do less dumb decisions. It would force Laughton back to the 4th line and no way in hell should Stewart ever get more than the 4th line with that kind of ****. Honestly, I wonder if Bunny-man and Twar are up only because Patrick has been out? Especially since they can be sent down with no issues. But seriously, if they keep being no-shows and Patrick is feeling better, send them down, bring up Farabee. Ideal lines, mother ****ers.

I have no problem with people saying that Bunny hasn't done anything. He made a bad mistake in the third game - his third ever, keep in mind - but really, aside from that, he hasn't done anything. I'm still waiting to hear exactly how much dynamism people are expecting from the fourth line in general, especially when he has those linemates. I'm not exactly sure what people were expecting him to do. @Stizzle showed me some advanced stats that showed that Bunny's line had good games in the first two. But it's no problem sending him down for more seasoning - he can use it.

But Laughton isn't a "great" anything, and neither is Raffl. I know you didn't say that, but people have been sprinkling it around. I just wanted to clear that up. Mostly because I feel like I am on the rag at the moment.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have no problem with people saying that Bunny hasn't done anything. He made a bad mistake in the third game - his third ever, keep in mind - but really, aside from that, he hasn't done anything. I'm still waiting to hear exactly how much dynamism people are expecting from the fourth line in general, especially when he has those linemates. I'm not exactly sure what people were expecting him to do. @Stizzle showed me some advanced stats that showed that Bunny's line had good games in the first two. But it's no problem sending him down for more seasoning - he can use it.

But Laughton isn't a "great" anything, and neither is Raffl. I know you didn't say that, but people have been sprinkling it around. I just wanted to clear that up. Mostly because I feel like I am on the rag at the moment.
Bunny didn't do much...good or bad. And honestly from a 4th liner, that's ok.

But we do have the opportunity this year to have a 4th line that DOES do well. Having a 4th line of Raffl Laughton Pitlick has the ability to help us win games, not just try not to lose us games.

For Bunny himself, he got rewarded for good pre-season play and few thought it would continue. He is not a finished product. Send him down and let him try and get better/stronger and work his ass off for another chance.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bunny didn't do much...good or bad. And honestly from a 4th liner, that's ok.

But we do have the opportunity this year to have a 4th line that DOES do well. Having a 4th line of Raffl Laughton Pitlick has the ability to help us win games, not just try not to lose us games.

For Bunny himself, he got rewarded for good pre-season play and few thought it would continue. He is not a finished product. Send him down and let him try and get better/stronger and work his ass off for another chance.

Yes, I know, though I don't really agree that Laughton, Pitlick and Raffl will "do" anything. At the same time, I don't know what the realistic alternative is, so whatever. I say "realistic" because I know they don't have the imagination and creativity to try a modern fourth line and establish a new paradigm.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad