GDT: #5: FLYERS at Oilers, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I've barely watched so far this season. This is mostly coincidental due to the awful space in between the first few games, my overnight work schedule, and grad school ramping up right now. However, getting to the point where what I feared going into the season feels like it's starting to emerge. Half the bottom six unnecessarily filled with trash, Hagg can't do anything wrong enough to be out of the lineup, Morin and Myers can't do anything right enough to make the lineup, Sanheim can't buy PP quarterback opportunity, shoving the square peg of Provorov into the round hole of PP2, and Ghost not being utilized correctly again going by the last GDT.

Good ol' Flyers. For whatever it's worth, with people saying how the Flyers have only beat weak teams so far and this being a litmus test...Edmonton isn't good either. At least not using similar logic. They've had a really easy schedule so far in terms of strength of opponent. Their five wins are against LA, Vancouver, NYR, NYI, and the Devils. They've had an absurdly easy schedule. Not to mention James Neal shooting eight billion percent or whatever it's at now.
Yeah losing to oilers will probably give couple of our players flashbacks to last season.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Can't wait to see Jake in the bottom 6 again with players that will never help him and can't wait to see the lines get jumbled 5 minutes in while icing the puck a ton. You know you can do it Flyers, you know you can!

Also, flip Jake and G on the PP back to where they f***ing belong.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
BLame coaches
Call it sabotage
Blame the Gm

But through 5 games, zero points from Jake, JVR and Ghost combined is unacceptable.
All 3 are good enough to produce no matter who they are with. It’s time for all 3 to get going on the scoresheet.

JVR has been pushing hard and Ghost has the biggest anchor on the planet, but they need to start scoring.
I'm sure you can find 5 game stretch of games where even kucherov or crosby had no points.

Reactions: Striiker

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Oilers are playing really well and can f***in skate so if Philly wants a win the top players better start showing as a team not individuals. Konecny has a great start going but has done it on his own and while Hayes is playing pretty good he has no linemates that can play with him. V goes down one line and the foecheck stopped last night. When Fletcher said it will take time to turn this into a team he's right. Sanheim and ghost better pick it up to.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm sure you can find 5 game stretch of games where even kucherov or crosby had no points.

To start a season, doubt it. And it is more the collective , I quickly looked at teams this year , couldn’t find 3 guys making 20 mill combined on same team with zero thru 5 games.

Reactions: marcsson68

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Can't wait to see Jake in the bottom 6 again with players that will never help him and can't wait to see the lines get jumbled 5 minutes in while icing the puck a ton. You know you can do it Flyers, you know you can!

Also, flip Jake and G on the PP back to where they ****ing belong.

JVR is pushing hard and generating a lot of chances, so you think he should be on the 3rd line ?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
To start a season, doubt it. And it is more the collective , I quickly looked at teams this year , couldn’t find 3 guys making 20 mill combined on same team with zero thru 5 games.
So what. All the posts and chances just like Farabee in preseason. Let's not lower ourselves to the level of thinking twar outplayed him just because he had couple go in. That would be rather foolish wouldn't you say? Plus today we get either koskinen or Smith which should be a guarantee for couple goals at least.

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So what. All the posts and chances just like Farabee in preseason. Let's not lower ourselves to the level of thinking twar outplayed him just because he had couple go in. That would be rather foolish wouldn't you say? Plus today we get either koskinen or Talbot which should be a guarantee for couple goals at least.

Nowhere have I said Twar outplayed anyone. Jvr has actually looked good, so has Ghost considering his useage.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Blaming the top players for a lack of points, considering the current problems with coaching, is hilarious.

Also, what happened to "iTs OnLy bEen 'x' GaMeS"? :laugh: Funny how that suddenly doesn't apply when its to criticize anyone other than AV or Fletcher.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Good thing we added Stewart to the lineup instead of Farabee.
Lot of this season has gone remarkably similar to what we are used to. Wait till Wellinski gets waived and we can bring Myers back up or even Farabee. Then we watch management take a massive steaming turd on our heads citing heaviness, locker room presence and other nonsense. Good grief then why do you buy out your alternate captain and most respected guy in the room in Andy Mac? Or just maybe whatever they are spewing in front of media has nothing to do with how they run a team? What's next waive Morin and bring up Prosser, because we need steady presence on our backend?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Farabee should be replacing Bunnaman on the roster tomorrow and going onto the 3rd line.

Shit, I think Twar should be replaced with Frost until Patrick is back.

G-Couts-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Oskar-Frost-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick

That's a damn good line top to bottom. But you know, this coach and his lines...

Reactions: Striiker

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
But you ***** and moan about our top guys not producing. Maybe put them in position to succeed and they will. Like how fricking stupid of a coach you have to be to force pp set up we are running now?

So if they have all perfect situations they will score , good to know. Sounds like describing 4th liners.

And by top guys I said 3, and they aren’t exactly our top guys

Reactions: marcsson68

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do people assume Frost and Farabee can step in and be immediate successes?
Farabee is 19 with one college season under his belt, Frost is making the jump from the CHL to NHL.
Typical rookies struggle, especially the first half of their rookie season.
So assuming that they're some kind of "answer" right now is wishful thinking.
They'll be up at some point, but there's no point rushing them, it's not going to be the difference maker.

Calgary was more an exhausted, ill team than anything else, the same guys who were flying the first few games looked like they were skating on slush.
Hopefully, they can suck it up, play with more energy tonight, steal a point and then go home.

But this season opening stretch was a "death march," 6 hours East, 3 hours West, limited practice time for a coach installing new schemes.

Reactions: Expectations

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Farabee immediately helps 3rd line.

Frost it would be more difficult , especially together , but Farabee needs to be in the top 9 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->