GDT: 5/6/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
No f***ing shit Coop... Team has the discipline of a f***ing 2 year old when they dont get their way

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Anyone else not really bummed? Normally I would be upset or disappointed but them having won 2 in a row and the team being weaker, I kind of don't worry or feel bad. Still want to see them win but the difference this year has tapered my expectations. I would be seething if we still had last year's roster but I don't really feel bad.

Paul must be kept. Dude has been phenomenal for us. Love the vets here but I think the next cycle needs to inject some speed, as we are kind of flatlining in that area.
Let walk or trade the guys with no more gas in the tank and acquire guys like Paul.
Another couple of "Pauls" and next year we'll be super competitive.

Why am I talking about next season? Because I don't believe this group will win the series. And I did not believe since day 1 of the post season.

Reactions: U55

Discipline

Oct 14, 2019
North Carolina
Just hope there is enough gas in the tank to beat the Leafs in round 1. Then Tampa is free to go lose and get swept in round 2. I don't blame Kucherov if he is already looking at a nice driver for his golf bag.

This year definitely feels different since the core already won two cups. But it would make my month if the Laughs were defeated in round 1.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Anyone else not really bummed? Normally I would be upset or disappointed but them having won 2 in a row and the team being weaker, I kind of don't worry or feel bad. Still want to see them win but the difference this year has tapered my expectations. I would be seething if we still had last year's roster but I don't really feel bad.

Paul must be kept. Dude has been phenomenal for us. Love the vets here but I think the next cycle needs to inject some speed, as we are kind of flatlining in that area.
I'm not standing on the edge of a ledge, but I'm bummed. That said, I'll be ready to go for Game 4.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I missed this game my wife was in a car wreck so I spent my night at the Hosptial. Someone give me a run down of this loss.
First of all, I hope your wife is fine.
Second...about the game...almost 35 or so embarassing minutes. In the final period, they put on the ice much more effort but when you're down 3-0 it's not easy to comeback.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I missed this game my wife was in a car wreck so I spent my night at the Hosptial. Someone give me a run down of this loss.
Yikes. Hope she's alright.

We collectively sucked the first period and played with fire until after their 3rd goal. Vasy should've had that one imo. Then we slowly but surely did the false hope thing and clawed back. Colton missed a wide open net, Campbell came up with a couple big saves, our powerplay failed us late into the 3rd... momentum was all on our side and then we pulled Vasy with like 2:30 to go and they buried two empty netters.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Just hope there is enough gas in the tank to beat the Leafs in round 1. Then Tampa is free to go lose and get swept in round 2. I don't blame Kucherov if he is already looking at a nice driver for his golf bag.

This year definitely feels different since the core already won two cups. But it would make my month if the Laughs were defeated in round 1.
Gotta be honest I'd rather lose to the Leafs than get swept by the f***ing Panthers.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Sorry to hear that. Hope she'll be alright man. Wishing you both all the best.

Bolts came out flat to start the game, took some bad penalties, and fell behind. You knew Toronto was gonna up their game like the Bolts did after a loss, but for some reason, we just didn't have it early. Ross Colton got a goal to cut in to 3-1 and then we were able to feed off that energy in the 3rd to try to make a comeback. Got 1 more, and then got the PP to try to tie things up, but couldn't find that 3rd goal. Not good enough.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Yikes. Hope she's alright.

We collectively sucked the first period and played with fire until after their 3rd goal. Vasy should've had that one imo. Then we slowly but surely did the false hope thing and clawed back. Colton missed a wide open net, Campbell came up with a couple big saves, our powerplay failed us late into the 3rd... momentum was all on our side and then we pulled Vasy with like 2:30 to go and they buried two empty netters.

Thanks, guys, Just roughed up a kid who was texting and driving and plowed through a red light, and T-boned her. Thankfully our son was fine,

I was trying to half way pay attention on my phone but it wasn't really happening lol.

We have to win or our season is over, We need a full game from our team.

• Wow
Reactions: TheFurryPickle

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Again, under Cooper we're awful in our first home game of a series. Some seasons it has cost us the series, the past two years we were able to overcome it. This season I don't think we are. I have no clue what it is, why it happens, but there have been enough games now where a clear pattern has developed. Thankfully we won the 2 Cups, and though we have a chance in this series still, obviously, I think most of us know this exhausted team with less depth than prior seasons has probably seen its run end.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Another couple of Pauls and you will be Ottawa - out of the playoffs. Sit Maroon and bring in Barre-Boulet
Wrong.
With " another couple of Pauls" I wanted to underline the importance of have, in the roster, fresh players, possibly young and, especially, angry for more playoffs wins and not mentally tired.

Example: if you let Palat walk and you'll replace him with a "new Palat" (so a guys with the points I told before), it's an improvement.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Paul GP3 0 goals 1 assist and not even a pim? the guy chips the puck down the ice regularly giving up possession. Still waiting for this guy to do something.....anything.....

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Paul GP3 0 goals 1 assist and not even a pim? the guy chips the puck down the ice regularly giving up possession. Still waiting for this guy to do something.....anything.....
Guess you missed that goal he nearly scored driving the net which also drew a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad