GDT: 5/6/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
What I hate is when coaches pull the goalie when they’re on a power play. That’s just asking for an empty netter. They can send it down the ice any time without fear of icing.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Our big guys haven't got it done. Stammer suddenly can't buy a goal after scoring a million goals in the last few games and Kuch isn't doing much better. Vasy has been the second best goalie. He doesn't give up that third goal and we're going to overtime right now. Point has gotten better but still not enough.

Doesn't look good for us. I have serious doubts this team is going to win three out of four with how sloppy and unengaged we've been in the last three months.

Swap Maroon out. They can't even play that fourth line at all because he sucks and you can't put him on the ice. Perry deserves better.
I’ve been preaching this Maroon crap for over a year. He stinks! Makes Perry useless

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The series isn't over, but man after seeing this teams pathetic efforts it feels close.

We had our two cups. No one can take those away from the boys and us fans. If our window is done and we're just an decent team who makes playoffs and loses in rds 1 or 2 then so be it.

It will only be harder next season as we continue to have even more cap struggles. We had a good run, let's see if any magic is left come game 4 on Sunday.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Lose on Sunday and it's over.
Better to wake the fu* up.

lol

this is the Leafs we're talking about remember

there isn't a Toronto fan who feels comfortable with a 3-1 series lead, and not even a 3-0 series lead given their laughable history

a 3-1 Toronto lead means nothing, they can blow it just as easily as they've done for how many years now?

The series isn't over, but man after seeing this teams pathetic efforts it feels close.

We had our two cups. No one can take those away from the boys and us fans. If our window is done and we're just an decent team who makes playoffs and loses in rds 1 or 2 then so be it.

It will only be harder next season as we continue to have even more cap struggles. We had a good run, let's see if any magic is left come game 4 on Sunday.

hmmm.

re-watch the Leafs/Habs series from last year.

You'll be reminded of just exactly what this Leafs team is capable of

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
lol

this is the Leafs we're talking about remember

there isn't a Toronto fan who feels comfortable with a 3-1 series lead, and not even a 3-0 series lead given their laughable history

a 3-1 Toronto lead means nothing, they can blow it just as easily as they've done for how many years now?

hmmm.

re-watch the Leafs/Habs series from last year.

You'll be reminded of just exactly what this Leafs team is capable of
I saw 85 Bolts game this year and that's enough (for me) to say that, down 3-1, this group won't be able to comeback.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I dont think this team is good enough or hungry enough to win. It would be funny though if the leafs choked just because their fanbase deserves every ounce of what they get.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
After watching playoff mode version of this team, they're just too sloppy. Disjointed and sloppy. The attention to detail isn't there like it is for championship teams. 3 games is "early" in a run but it can also be considered late if you're not going far. I just don't see the same thing we've seen in other years with other winners either. Not entirely dominant at one thing.

I don't see it in toronto either which is pleasing...

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
After watching playoff mode version of this team, they're just too sloppy. Disjointed and sloppy. The attention to detail isn't there like it is for championship teams. 3 games is "early" in a run but it can also be considered late if you're not going far. I just don't see the same thing we've seen in other years with other winners either. Not entirely dominant at one thing.

I don't see it in toronto either which is pleasing...
Thats how I see it too. Toronto looks very average to me too. I dont like either of these teams chances of winning it all. Sucks to say it but I kinda already knew it deep down. I'm still hoping for a miracle but this team takes too many periods off to win it all imo.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I figured. I was just joking around. At this point I'm a little jealous of your friend's stupid party because it's saving you from an even stupider game!
It would seem so. I checked the score a few times and didn't regret going out.

--

What are the biggest takeaways from this one? Besides 'we suck' of course.

Sustrcarry

Apr 28, 2018
One goal game, loss at home in PO go figure. Seen that many times with this team, not really worried. A bit unlucky in this one. Btw Coltons potential is underated imo, that kid learns fast.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
We might be the weakest playoff team this year. Other teams have drive and determination whereas we’re just content with floating out there over large stretches.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So far this series feels like the Florida one last year except Toronto is actually getting good goaltending. I think they could go to the conference final at least if they get over this hump.

Reactions: These Are The Days

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm not seeing fatigue as much as "Remember that time we lost to Chicago in the Finals and we spent the next 2 years packing it in because we thought we were better than everyone else?"

It's FAR from over

Anyone else not really bummed? Normally I would be upset or disappointed but them having won 2 in a row and the team being weaker, I kind of don't worry or feel bad. Still want to see them win but the difference this year has tapered my expectations. I would be seething if we still had last year's roster but I don't really feel bad.

Paul must be kept. Dude has been phenomenal for us. Love the vets here but I think the next cycle needs to inject some speed, as we are kind of flatlining in that area.

I'm not bummed. Like the game itself has me ready to whizz on an electric fence and pull my hair out but back to back champs ya know?

Agreed on Paul. Must keep. He and Gourde would be a devastating duo if we had Gourde.

Also HUGE props to Cal Foote last night. Best game of his career

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Some of y'all really banking on "lol Leafs blow 3-1 lead" memes are gonna be very disappointed. Tampa is cooked. Cup hangover is a thing. They just seem content with their past and ready for a break.

Coop isn't using Perry enough. Maroon should be scratched. Hopefully Rutta back for game 4 over Bogo.

I've come to terms with Tampa being the team to give Toronto their first series win in 24 years. And with the way they've been playing they deserve the L and all the memes they get.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Some of y'all really banking on "lol Leafs blow 3-1 lead" memes are gonna be very disappointed. Tampa is cooked. Cup hangover is a thing. They just seem content with their past and ready for a break.

Coop isn't using Perry enough. Maroon should be scratched. Hopefully Rutta back for game 4 over Bogo.

I think this team has too much pride for that and there are other issues with the team this year (depth). But if anyone deserves an extended summer, it's this group. Thinking about everything this team has gone through the last 2 years, it does feel unreasonable to expect them to go through it a third year in a row. The injuries that everyone played through, leaving families for the bubble, the general disruption of life for two months. I know these guys are professionals who are well-compensated but they are humans at the end of the day.

Reactions: U55

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think this team has too much pride for that and there are other issues with the team this year (depth). But if anyone deserves an extended summer, it's this group. Thinking about everything this team has gone through the last 2 years, it does feel unreasonable to expect them to go through it a third year in a row. The injuries that everyone played through, leaving families for the bubble, the general disruption of life for two months. I know these guys are professionals who are well-compensated but they are humans at the end of the day.
The Columbus sweep was a blessing in disguise for the team, a long off season could be as well and could lead to some well needed rest a little bit of a team reset (nothing too crazy) and lead to another deep run next year. # cups in 4 years is still a Dynasty

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad