GDT: 5/6/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Team played great.....after we went down 3-0

Campbell matching Vasy is killing us, need him to play closer to his career average

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Of-f***ing-course we're the team to give Toronto their first round series win in a f***ing decade.

You tie the series, take some momentum, come HOME and then f***ing blow it. You lose Sunday it is over. Team looks like they'd rather be golfing.
Actually it would be their first playoff round win in 18 years…

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Of-f***ing-course we're the team to give Toronto their first round series win in a f***ing decade.

You tie the series, take some momentum, come HOME and then f***ing blow it. You lose Sunday it is over. Team looks like they'd rather be golfing.
Two decades.
The last time the leafs won a play off series Ed Belfour was their goalie.
My nephew was in grade 8 ....... he's a dentist now.

Question - wtf happened to the lightening? and more specifically.....wtf happened to Brendan Point????

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They played like shit for two periods. Campbell is completely outplaying Vazy.

Pretty much. I'm not actually worried at all. Frustrated as hell maybe. But worry is the last thing on my mind. They need to take this seriously and stop being so lazy all the time. We played like garbage and nearly took it to OT. That's how good we are. Just play like it

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
When is this f***ing team going to learn that playing 1 period of hockey isn't going to win you a series. Coop shit the bed so hard by not switching the lines earlier. This is on him.
Agreed. Lines are probably one of the biggest certainties we've had the last 3 runs and it is f***ing us right now.

Focusing on the point parade to close the year while not figuring out the details and prepping roles was a total miss. Kind of shortsighted from what we can see as fans.

Disappointing.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Our big guys haven't got it done. Stammer suddenly can't buy a goal after scoring a million goals in the last few games and Kuch isn't doing much better. Vasy has been the second best goalie. He doesn't give up that third goal and we're going to overtime right now. Point has gotten better but still not enough.

Doesn't look good for us. I have serious doubts this team is going to win three out of four with how sloppy and unengaged we've been in the last three months.

Swap Maroon out. They can't even play that fourth line at all because he sucks and you can't put him on the ice. Perry deserves better.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Pretty much. I'm not actually worried at all. Frustrated as hell maybe. But worry is the last thing on my mind. They need to take this seriously and stop being so lazy all the time. We played like garbage and nearly took it to OT. That's how good we are. Just play like it
We did not play a good hockey for a COMPLETE GAME in a while.
They won't do it this time either.
The bad old habits cannot be deleted in 2 days

Reactions: U55

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Vasi made some great saves in this game. The rest of team just came from the beach for the first 30 minutes.
He did but the 3rd goal against is just a bad one to give up. He makes that save and it's a different complexion. Still a tough task given it was a what? 3 on 1 I think? Vasy has been off and that being off is costing our lazy ass group of skaters, or exposing them however you want to see it. Sucks.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
So the team learned they can only give a 2 goal handicap, not 3. Let's see how game 4 goes...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Which part? The part where Stamkos has not been an elite player in the post season, or that him carrying the offense for much of the season didn't help secure a playoff spot?

Elite? He's not even good in the playoffs. Patrick f***ing Maroon has the same career ES pts/60 in the playoffs.

Reactions: U55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad