GDT: 5/6/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #2 Toronto vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I dont think this team is good enough or hungry enough to win. It would be funny though if the leafs choked just because their fanbase deserves every ounce of what they get.
The cup is what leaf fans deserve, all the years of supporting losing, like no other fan base, ever. Unfortunately the Fanbase is so big there’s obviously going to be some people who are extremely annoying. I’ve enjoyed all three games so far and hope the leafs win but definitely not confident at all.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Everything with Hagel just seems to drag everyone else down around him. That third line needs to do *something* possession wise and not give up so much on the rush. They really needed to add another D but whats done is done. They can still beat this team but they've got to be razor sharp and we only seem to get that every other game. I don't know if the answer here is to give Hagel more shifts with better linemates to see what happens and get him to the 15-16 minute range? Bellemare is a good banger but hes also an offensive black hole, Perry hasn't done too much and only played 7 minutes in game 1, and just nothing really gives you confidence about the third and fourth lines right now.

Oh, and Sergachev might be playing some of his worst hockey right now. I know a handful of you will be happy to read that, but it doesn't bode well for us.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
The cup is what leaf fans deserve, all the years of supporting losing, like no other fan base, ever. Unfortunately the Fanbase is so big there’s obviously going to be some people who are extremely annoying. I’ve enjoyed all three games so far and hope the leafs win but definitely not confident at all.
well good luck to ya. The lightning shouldn't be your biggest concern this year though. They're checked out throwing pucks over the glass and just skating through the motions. I realize not every fan is the same, but the vocal majority are quite annoying I must say.

Reactions: Mad hatter

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Gotta win 3/4 against this Leafs team. Very unlikely.

It sounds unlikely when you put it like this, but, cliché as it sounds, you just gotta go one game at a time. This series is no different than a series where the home team has held serve in every game, and if that were the case I don't think anybody would be in an awful mood in a 2-1 series. We've already won a game in Toronto, so there's every reason to think they can do so again. Win tomorrow night, it's 2-2 and it's anybody's series for the taking. All those "Game 3 winner in a 1-1 series" stats become useless and then you turn to the "Game 5 winner in a 2-2 series" and conveniently ignore the two times in recent history where the Lightning were that Game 5 winner and then lost the final two games.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
well good luck to ya. The lightning shouldn't be your biggest concern this year though. They're checked out throwing pucks over the glass and just skating through the motions. I realize not every fan is the same, but the vocal majority are quite annoying I must say.
I definitely agree, we have some pretty crazy fans that like to be heard. Reffing hasn’t been great but at least they seem to be crappy both ways. I can’t agree about Tampa not being are biggest concern though, getting by the first round is priority number one, been awhile.

Reactions: U55

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Gotta win 3/4 against this Leafs team. Very unlikely.
If we played the next 3 games without taking dumb penalites and with full 60 mins effort, it wouldn't be close.

But this team doesn't seem to have that fire in it anymore.

Reactions: J T Money

Tim Smith

Jun 24, 2021
Too many here haven't realized this. We lost a lot of good pieces. We lost our identity line.

On top of that Vasy is having his worst year it seems. He is a shell of his 2021 self. He needs to shut the door and steal some wins cause the defense infront of his is a dumpster fire.

Other teams in the league got good this year while we lost a step. Its sports it happens. Toronto is the better team, HOWEVER Cambell is nowhere near Vasy's league, yet Vasy is being outplayed. Goes to show how important goaltending is (helps having a good defense infront of you at times as well)
My exact thoughts as well, its going to be difficult however to come down from this tremendous run and see this team be eliminated. GO BOLTZ!!!!

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Are people okay with the Divisional set up of the playoffs? Why do the Penguins get to face NYR while the Bolts get TOR, considering conference standing and all.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We also miss Johnson he scored some timely goals for us in the playoffs over the years. With that said some guys need to get going. It's another seen Stamkos playoffs so far. We can't go through another playoffs of that.

bodi

May 14, 2016
Are people okay with the Divisional set up of the playoffs? Why do the Penguins get to face NYR while the Bolts get TOR, considering conference standing and all.
I prefer the NBA one and that same model should be in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad