Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
In what way would Dubnyk have won this game and how do we know that? Dubs let in 4GA last game and has actually managed a higher GAA.

I'm not convinced either goalie is getting it done tbh but theres no way of knowing whether either goalie gets us the W.

Dubnyk has actually turned it around since his rough start.

Can't really say the same for LaBarbera. Mike Smith was hot garbage today and even he managed to make one clutch save.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So err .... Omark up if Pitlick can't go tomorrow? Wonder what they're going to do there.

Doesn't matter as tomorrow is likely a loss either way.

To be fair, Omark should be called up, he's earned it. Bachman too.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Lol, Eakins talking about how he liked most of their game again... Gee Dallas, which part didn't you like?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
to be fair, his career save% was well north of .900.... this is, by far, the worst he has ever played in his career

When fans of teams that he's previously played on universally coin the nickname "Lolbarbara" I have a feeling this isn't his first **** rodeo.

He's maybe alright if you have a lock 70+ games starter. Not even close for this team.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Special teams is absolutely embarrassing. Coaches wear that one.
We need to bring in a LaBarbara replacement now, way to early in the season for this crapy feeling. At least give us some hope into November, really shouldn't be too much to ask.
Bring in a new back up to push Dubby. Do it now, please...

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
In what way would Dubnyk have won this game and how do we know that? Dubs let in 4GA last game and has actually managed a higher GAA.

I'm not convinced either goalie is getting it done tbh but theres no way of knowing whether either goalie gets us the W.

no, you or i obviously don't know how he would have played, but do you really think he would have somehow (incomprehensibly) played *worse* than labarbera played? really? you don't honestly believe that do you?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Colorado's riding goalies who are both over 0.950%.

its crazy to me to think that there are people who claim to be hockey fans who can't figure this basic math out.... if you are getting .867 save% you will lose 75% of your games, if you are getting .950 save%, you are going to win 75% (or more) of your games

this isn't rocket science people

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
Didn't watch the game but looking at who was in net has already frustrated me. What on earth is Eakins doing in a "must" win game (yes this early) playing LaBarbera? I realize it is back to back games but it is early into the season and Dubnyk is young goalie playing a few games thus far, I am sure he can handle a back to back. Good Lord, Dallas...bad move.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Who cares. This team is a joke. If you're still paying to watch this bunch of losers then you're nothing but a giant goddamned sucker.

To be fair most of the Oilers fans in Phoenix today probably didn't really have to pay anything anyways.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Dubnyk has actually turned it around since his rough start.

Can't really say the same for LaBarbera. Mike Smith was hot garbage today and even he managed to make one clutch save.

Mike Smith was facing the Oilers. Easy day on most outings. Our goalies have to face teams that actually have some setplays and play as a team to orchestrate scoring opportunities.

The big players on this club aren't scoring, aren't getting it done. Can't be overlooked either.

Perron was the best forward once again and rang one off a goal post and scored another. Depth scoring was there, but none of the stars putting it in.

When Boyd Gordon is your leading scorer you got problems with finish..

Chooch

Nov 4, 2006
Edmonton
Enough is enough. MacT can't simply continue to sit there and let the goaltending status quo be after this, he's got to do something even if it means calling up Bachman.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Go to NHL.com and watch the third Phoenix goal. LaBarbera should have been stapled to the bench for showing up Arcobello like he did. That's complete garbage.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lol, Eakins talking about how he liked most of their game again... Gee Dallas, which part didn't you like?

you gotta feel bad for eakins in a way, as *everybody* and their mother knows that tending is why we are losing lots of these games, but he can't actually say that

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
no, you or i obviously don't know how he would have played, but do you really think he would have somehow (incomprehensibly) played *worse* than labarbera played? really? you don't honestly believe that do you?

Can I believe Dubnyk can play worse than Labarbera? Yeah I can, I've seen multiple instances of it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad