Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
My suggestion for our new backup:
GoalieNetCover.jpg

He might even be able to outplay Dubynk.

Just put holes in it and you basically have Labarbera...

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yup.

The Smid penalty was ****ing Pejorative Slured. The refs at center ice should not be making stupid calls like that.

The Petry "hook" was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while. Made by the jackass at centre ice as well.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
Can't rag on the team at all. Every team makes mistakes except the Oilers are the only team that their goalies can't even make a routine save.

Lucifer

May 31, 2010
Ottawa, ON.
B-b-but guys...they are young...They need time to jell as a team.

We shouldn't be so angry. There is a vision and we need to see it through. If that means another 7-8yrs of missing the playoffs and subpar hockey then we have to continue to support the team and give them our money regardless.

The guys upstairs know what they are doing.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Jesus... I thought 4-5 goals against was a fluky exception at the beginning of the year, but it's starting to look like the norm.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Terrible special teams. The Oilers can ***** about the refs but 2 of the 3 penalties in the 3rd were legit. The Petry and Smid ones were horrible but they didn't score on either. Ference took a needless hooking penalty and then Arco high-sticked a guy. 5-4 after those 2.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
The sad part is they didn't even play poorly at all really. A lot of these calls were legitimately soft calls and when you let in ~5 goals you get this result.

On the bright side, how good does RNH look?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It's one thing to say we suck and we're embarrassing, but to wish a team to be moved is pathetic.

The team is pathetic
And really as a fan supporting this garbage for years on end I sometimes wonder if life would be better if the team moved. I'm willing to bet it would be

McDeathbyCheerios*

I feel bad for the players who actually bring their best every game and deserve to succeed, I want to see Hemsky, Perron, Nuge and Eberle win a cup and that will never happen here. We are twice as bad as we were last year, and what pathetic

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Labarbera is an easy scapegoat for this game. He couldn't see 4 of the goals and Arcobello tipped the other one in.

He is a ****ing sieve. Holes all over the bloody place. He gets no leeway for this performance after his poisonous attitude.

He should be released. I don't mean from his contract, I mean Giver styles.

I don't ever want to see him in Oiler colors. ECHL Condors if he refuses to get his contract ripped out.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Arcobello penalty was the only legitmate penalty and it was a perfect example of when there should be a penalty call and a diving call.

You don't lose all control of your legs when you get hit in your visor.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
He is a ****ing sieve. Holes all over the bloody place. He gets no leeway for this performance after his poisonous attitude.

He should be released. I don't mean from his contract, I mean Giver styles.

Yeah, **** this guy.

He couldn't make a save if his wrestling memorabilia was at stake.

Rains

Jun 22, 2012
Fernie BC
Watching hockey is actually not even fun anymore. I pretty much have lost hope for this team. It's going to take easily another five years of rebuilding and tooling at this point. There's really no point of watching a good game 1 in every 8 is there??

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
The one thing that makes me feel better about this is that earlier today my dog had a bit of a scuffle with an actual coyote and in my opinion kicked it's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->