GDT: 5/26/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #2 Pittsburgh [ECF GAME 7]

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
lol no he won't only by the couple of idiotic posters in this thread who don't think he put up a commendable effort against the best team in the East. Hats off to Vasy for the majority of this series.

K he let a bad goal in, the forwards managed a single goal :laugh:

Yeah really, never mind that we couldn't manage to get much more than 5 shots a period let alone more than one goal. Honestly, blaming Vasy for this loss? Please. I love this team as much as anyone and I could see the writing on the wall after game 6.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
lol no he won't only by the couple of idiotic posters in this thread who don't think he put up a commendable effort against the best team in the East. Hats off to Vasy for the majority of this series.

K he let a bad goal in, the forwards managed a single goal :laugh:

Offensive! I demand a safe space!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Thanks to Days for doing an tremendous job and providing us with almost 100 GDTs this season! :handclap:
You're welcome. Thank you LS, and thank you FP, thank you M4B, and thank you Homeland. You bros are z best.

And thanks everyone else. This is always a sad post to make because it comes at our seasons end. This year took us all on quite a wild ride. That was a little too much adversity for my taste. But all in all it was a great year and that is of course is thanks to all of you. It's you guys that make this the place it is and it's a special community to be apart of. I'm always learning something, and we have some pretty good discussions. Because of that, there's no place better to talk Lightning hockey, especially late at night in the gdts. Thanks too for behaving (most of the time ;)) for us mods. That's very much appreciated.

This is going to be an interesting summer, but hopefully we can make the moves and decisions necessary to get us that 2nd cup. Last year after we lost to Chicago I enjoyed the offseason. It was a crazy and hectic run, and it was good to have a break from hockey. But right now, I can't wait for September, and it all to start again.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
Yeah and you know what? For as good as Bishop is, he can't stay healthy, that is a fact. You might never see a "fully healthy" Bishop in a SCF.

And we certainly did everything possible to keep him healthy this season. Vasy played plenty of games and we dispatched our opponents in 5 games twice in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Plenty of rest. What else can ya do? We don't really even know what's wrong with Bish.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
All my wonderful gifs aside, there are a few worrisome situations. They revolve around

1. Stamkos
2. Drouin
3. Finding a bottom 6 forward

Matt Cullen didn't have a great series like he did the first two rounds, he was still effective and noticeable but he did his job. Can't say the same for anybody in the bottom 6 bar Callahan at times and Boyle for 3 full rounds. That bottom 6 really hurt us. It was basically Boyle, Callahan, JAM's assist and Blunden's bouncing head on the ice in round 1 that stood out. Not good enough. Watching this team fail to score worries me about letting Stamkos go, but at the same time considering how far we made it, I'd say let him walk. 50/50 tbh.

I hope Yzerman can do away with Carle, Condra, Paquette and Filppula this summer. They don't bring anything to the team but turnovers and a lot of wasted cap space.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
All my wonderful gifs aside, there are a few worrisome situations. They revolve around

1. Stamkos
2. Drouin
3. Finding a bottom 6 forward

Matt Cullen didn't have a great series like he did the first two rounds, he was still effective and noticeable but he did his job. Can't say the same for anybody in the bottom 6 bar Callahan at times and Boyle for 3 full rounds. That bottom 6 really hurt us. It was basically Boyle, Callahan, JAM's assist and Blunden's bouncing head on the ice in round 1 that stood out. Not good enough. Watching this team fail to score worries me about letting Stamkos go, but at the same time considering how far we made it, I'd say let him walk. 50/50 tbh.

I hope Yzerman can do away with Carle, Condra, Paquette and Filppula this summer. They don't bring anything to the team but turnovers and a lot of wasted cap space.

Didn't Condra just get signed?

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Didn't Condra just get signed?

I could be wrong but I thought it was a 2yr deal. Him and Paquette win my award for most useless player of the year, they both get it, it's a tie.

In all seriousness I doubt it would shy any UFA away from us, it just sends a message that you need to play better. He did nothing all year and wasn't a player we could rely on to help out the bottom 6. Much like Paquette, they're replaceable.

You aren't mistaking Condra with Coburn right? Condra came in last summer and Coburn recently resigned. Not trying to be snide but I'm not sure if you have both confused, don't strike me down, the feels have been hit hard enough tonight.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Drouin is such a supreme talent that I would let him play wherever he feels most comfortable and produces the most. Don't force him into anything. We're gonna need him.

I think he's that kind of kid that'd like to play center, you have all the responsibilities, you're constantly having the puck. But it was an inconclusive experience in the AHL and I fear he's too offensive-minded to be a decent top line center, particularly coming playoffs time.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
hope your kidding lol im sure everyone has an ideal on whom i had to block lol

some things I just cant deal with this soon

saying that i laid down already and realized no more hockey:(

No more Tampa hockey for months, that's the worse pal. Hope Yzerman makes some interesting moves that we can argue about in the off-season.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Stamkos has shaken hands at the end of his last two playoff games. Just thought about this. Fml.

200w_d.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sad that this season is over. We had our chance to move on. Pittsburgh played a really good hockey vs us. Honestly feel like we were lucky to go to 7 games vs them. I still think our team has it in them to get back here next year. Steve Y will make some moves that will make us better. We will be a better team next year. I fully believe that.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
So it's the next day and it still stings. The better team won which also stings to say. The Lightning kept the series close enough to have the chance to win and lost by one goal, and a goal that should never go in. That really stings. You can't help but wonder "what if" but even in the senerio that the game stays tied I don't see many senerios where Tampa ends up winning with how that game was played by them. Pens just controlled them. Even if Vasi makes the save the guys getting paid to score seemed to be taking the night off and that is way more disappointing than Vasi letting in a bad goal. Pens scoring was only a matter of time. A beautiful tic tac goal play as the winner I don't think would not have made the sting of losing any less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad