GDT: 5/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The troll threads are out in full force tonight on the main boards I see.

Considering +20 teams have been eating saltines and cheese at the country club and watching the playoffs, they are happy we are out of it. We've beaten a lot of teams and have a lot of people hate us for it.

I hope Gallant exposes their back end and everybody sees what an overrated and smug f***face Holtby is. Per the usual.

Reactions: Master P

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
If Bowness was fired before I fall asleep I would be thrilled.

Trade Johnson, Killorn and dangle McDonagh out there. Bundle Miller with him. They were absolute DUDS. I doubt McDonagh is moved as that would be uncharacteristic but he shouldn't be resigned. He was **** on ice.

I'm extremely disappointed.

I wouldn’t be so hard on Miller if he didn’t already have the reputation with Rangers fans as being playoff cancer.

Our D to me is the biggest issue. Stralman is the only guy who is pretty consistent. And we’re not getting any younger. I think we’re going to see a big shift in the next few years of sacrificing some of our forward depth for defense/draft picks that we’ll use on Dmen.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
If Bowness was fired before I fall asleep I would be thrilled.

Trade Johnson, Killorn and dangle McDonagh out there. Bundle Miller with him. They were absolute DUDS. I doubt McDonagh is moved as that would be uncharacteristic but he shouldn't be resigned. He was **** on ice.

I'm extremely disappointed.
I get that you're disappointed. I'm with you on Killer and TJ. They signed nice contracts and then vanished. It's probably time to move on from them.

BUT, try to keep in mind that neither McD nor Miller had any say in being traded. They didn't screw us over. It is what it is. We thought they were the pieces we needed and they weren't. Just one of those things.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Washington will beat Vegas in fewer than 7. They're on a mission.

As for us, I think we'll tweak what we have and come back a little bigger/heavier. I think we'll see Joseph on the team full time, maybe Stephens, maybe Volkov. I doubt the D changes much next year. Hopefully we'll get an improved version of Sergachev.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

As for us, I think we'll tweak what we have and come back a little bigger/heavier. I think we'll see Joseph on the team full time, maybe Stephens, maybe Volkov. I doubt the D changes much next year. Hopefully we'll get an improved version of Sergachev.

You don’t think all the Vegas outcasts are on a mission too?

I think that series is going to be nuts.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You don’t think all the Vegas outcasts are on a mission too?

I think that series is going to be nuts.

I think Vegas gets an A for effort, has an outstanding coach, and is getting outstanding goaltending. Some games they looked great, others they looked horrific. I just think Washington has all those same things going for them right now, but with a hell of a lot more talent on the team.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015

I mean, I feel like we're getting into a habit of kind of refashioning our team after whichever team knocks us out, only to get bounced by a different kind of roster. For most of the year we looked more like the Penguins than the Penguins did. Can't keep chasing a fluid thing, basically. I feel like we've just got to adopt a system that will maximize the hell out of whatever we're projected to have roster-wise for the next few years.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TBH at this point I'm on team "Only untouchables are 91-21-86, 77-98, 88"

don't @ me

I think most of us are on that team literally all the time. That's a big untouchable list.

I'd trade either Stamkos or Sergachev if someone made an offer that made sense. I just can't picture an offer making sense for the other three.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
who were the tough guys on these latest Penguins teams and the Chicago cup teams?

There's a difference between playing big and playing small. We can play big against certain teams like we did against Boston, but when we come up against a team with bigger forwards, we collapsed like in this round. Chicago edged us in experience. We hobbled in that series. Pens banged us but not like this. Kunitz primarily who did f*** all this round. They played heavy. They aren't huge but their style was a heavy forecheck. Ours is soft in comparison and our midgets can't play that big. We need a couple speedy guys that can play that style AND be above 6'2". The tiny forward model has run it's course. We got f***ed this round because Point, Johnson etc were snuffed out with no room to do anything. Sucks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean, I feel like we're getting into a habit of kind of refashioning our team after whichever team knocks us out, only to get bounced by a different kind of roster. For most of the year we looked more like the Penguins than the Penguins did. Can't keep chasing a fluid thing, basically. I feel like we've just got to adopt a system that will maximize the hell out of whatever we're projected to have roster-wise for the next few years.

Yeah, but I think we set things in motion to "get bigger" last year, not this year, at the draft, when we chose a lot of bigger, sturdier guys than usual. I actually don't think we'll go out and make moves for bigger players. I just think the ones we already have are going to get longer looks in training camp.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
There's a difference between playing big and playing small. We can play big against certain teams like we did against Boston, but when we come up against a team with bigger forwards, we collapsed like in this round. Chicago edged us in experience. We hobbled in that series. Pens banged us but not like this. Kunitz primarily who did **** all this round. They played heavy. They aren't huge but their style was a heavy forecheck. Ours is soft in comparison and our midgets can't play that big. We need a couple speedy guys that can play that style AND be above 6'2". The tiny forward model has run it's course. We got ****ed this round because Point, Johnson etc were snuffed out with no room to do anything. Sucks.
I wonder how Volkov is doing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's a difference between playing big and playing small. We can play big against certain teams like we did against Boston, but when we come up against a team with bigger forwards, we collapsed like in this round. Chicago edged us in experience. We hobbled in that series. Pens banged us but not like this. Kunitz primarily who did **** all this round. They played heavy. They aren't huge but their style was a heavy forecheck. Ours is soft in comparison and our midgets can't play that big. We need a couple speedy guys that can play that style AND be above 6'2". The tiny forward model has run it's course. We got ****ed this round because Point, Johnson etc were snuffed out with no room to do anything. Sucks.

The 2016 Pens team that beat us was otherworldly. That's one of the most dominant playoff teams we're ever going to see in the cap era.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I think most of us are on that team literally all the time. That's a big untouchable list.

I'd trade either Stamkos or Sergachev if someone made an offer that made sense. I just can't picture an offer making sense for the other three.

Honestly, the biggest silver lining of this shit was Sergachev. Not only did he do the little things offensively, but he stepped up his defensive play big time. I wouldn't move him.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, but I think we set things in motion to "get bigger" last year, not this year, at the draft, when we chose a lot of bigger, sturdier guys than usual. I actually don't think we'll go out and make moves for bigger players. I just think the ones we already have are going to get longer looks in training camp.
Ah, I see. Maybe so.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

Sergachev, Point, and Vasy are absolutely untouchable. They’re our offensive and defensive futures.

Kucherov and Hedman are the next tier down. Would take a massive steal to trade these guys. But it’s near impossible.

Stralman is next tier.

Everyone else is expendable IMO.

Johnson and Killorn should be the first two gone. Whatever SY can do to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad