GDT: 5/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I dont think our D was that bad. IMO the big issue was the forecheck (non-existent), and all of our big offensive players going dry except Point and Stammer.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The two Burakovsky goals were horrendous. Two breakaways essentially. I'm still not sure if I should laugh or cry while watching them over and over again...

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The two Burakovsky goals were horrendous. Two breakaways essentially. I'm still not sure if I should laugh or cry while watching them over and over again...
Yeah. Vasy wasn't reacting very quickly. None of our guys were. Nerves are weird, I guess.

QXZY

Nov 13, 2017
I've read till the 20th page. You guys are pathetic. Bolts were "swept" in 3-4 series! Fire everyone, break the core, because one player couldn't point a puck into an empty net.
Washington is just a better team for these 7 games only.

I will root for Washington in SCF because they deserved it for domination in the league in regular seasons for many years. The Vegas' outcasts story is very cool, but this whole league will be pathetic when any expansion team can win the cup from the first try, just proving Stanley cup winner is coincidence of a good coach, couple of suddenly progressing players, star goalie and luck. It's almost the same any dead team can get the very next season without year after year building a core.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Holy **** are devils fans hilarious. They are still salty about losing in round 1 :laugh:
LOL I don't get it. They never had a chance to do anything so why be mad? That's like us being super salty about losing to Montreal in 2014.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I dont think our D was that bad. IMO the big issue was the forecheck (non-existent), and all of our big offensive players going dry except Point and Stammer.
In zone I thought we were fine (if a bit passive). We gave up the blue line way too easily all series, but we didn't give up a whole lot off of the cycle - in fact all of the goals this game were off of the rush.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Hey I just want to give you guys a tip of the cap for being a good group of fans/posters through the series. The threads on the main boards were fun and didn't get annoying or obnoxious like they sometimes do. I know how disappointing it is when you have a really good team and high expectations and keep falling short but try to stay positive, this team is good and will break through eventually. And hopefully it won't take them as long as it took Ovechkin and the Caps.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey I just want to give you guys a tip of the cap for being a good group of fans/posters through the series. The threads on the main boards were fun and didn't get annoying or obnoxious like they sometimes do. I know how disappointing it is when you have a really good team and high expectations and keep falling short but try to stay positive, this team is good and will break through eventually. And hopefully it won't take them as long as it took Ovechkin and the Caps.
Congrats and good luck.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Honesty, you wouldn't know hockey if it came to your door and hit you on the head.
BTW, would you explain how to win a hockey game without scoring any goals? #superstarnoshows

What are you rambling about? Did you even mean to quote me?

Edit: I checked your post history. You're a McDonagh fan boy. You constantly think hes the best defenseman since hes joined. Lol. Ok youre high. Says it all why in 3 separate threads your trying to antagonize me cause I called a spade a spade. McDonagh was probably our worst defenseman this postseason. He was puck watching and making bad decision after bad decision. Even in the Boston series where I thought he was pivotal, he still made some dumb ass plays.

Hedman had a not so great postseason and had some bad performances this round but he was better than the tire fire, yes suck on that being applied to McDonagh, that was Ryan McDonagh.

Last edited:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Thanks, youre right the main thread was probably the most reasonable out of any series I remember. I think it was mostly outsiders that were the ones trolling.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
There were three or four calls we should have gotten, but it’s game 7, whistles just aren’t coming out.
It was an hockey game: the rules should be the same in game 1, 7 or during the regular season.
I'm saying that we've lost thanks to these episodes...but of course the Caps were lucky also in this aspect.
Now we've to try to forget and to start again...but seeing these pics it's brutal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad