GDT: 5/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
My love of LFC was born of spite to the Glazer family. I caught a handful of games and never looked back. It's one of the best things I've ever done.

That's as reasonable an excuse as any. I'm a Gator fan because my three older brothers all grew up Seminoles fans. I can totally get the vindictive mindset on this one.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't even have the words to describe how I feel about these last two games or this series overall. Two times in three years we've had two games to end it and completely rolled over both times. What a f***ing joke. Bunch of f***ing chokers and it starts with the coach. Cooper had no answer for Washington's game plan. Absolutely none. They just skated in to Caps players laps the whole series and all Coop could muster was a couple of line tweaks. When a team this talented goes almost 8 f***ing periods without scoring a f***ing goal, there's a problem. I know Coop won't go anywhere in the next few years but I hope we get rid of his butt buddies starting with Johnson. That guy is of no use anymore on this team. I held out hope he would morph into playoff Johnson but he f***ing sucked. Or blew dog. Or whatever the f***. Same goes for Killorn. Stammer and Kuch we're useless 5 on 5. I wanted Kuch with Point next season but Kuch and Stammer deserve eachother. Always going for the cute play that everyone knows is coming. Gourde disappeared and him missing the wide open net put the cherry on the shit sundae. Kunitz was Morrow level bad.

f***ing f*** f*** f***. At least we have Brayden Point.

Signed,
One angery f***ing fan.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't even have the words to describe how I feel about these last two games or this series overall. Two times in three years we've had two games to end it and completely rolled over both times. What a ****ing joke. Bunch of ****ing chokers and it starts with the coach. Cooper had no answer for Washington's game plan. Absolutely none. They just skated in to Caps players laps the whole series and all Coop could muster was a couple of line tweaks. When a team this talented goes almost 8 ****ing periods without scoring a ****ing goal, there's a problem. I know Coop won't go anywhere in the next few years but I hope we get rid of his butt buddies starting with Johnson. That guy is of no use anymore on this team. I held out hope he would morph into playoff Johnson but he ****ing sucked. Or blew dog. Or whatever the ****. Same goes for Killorn. Stammer and Kuch we're useless 5 on 5. I wanted Kuch with Point next season but Kuch and Stammer deserve eachother. Always going for the cute play that everyone knows is coming. Gourde disappeared and him missing the wide open net put the cherry on the **** sundae. Kunitz was Morrow level bad.

****ing **** **** ****. At least we have Brayden Point.

Signed,
One angery ****ing fan.

I wish I had a word to describe how much respect I have for the amount of censoring that is going on in this post. Well done.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
People need to look at Pittsburgh's back end. That thing is a tire fire when the biggest name has a bad game. Letang was woeful and directly responsible for multiple goals against late in their series. That is inferior to what we have and they ran riot. They know how to clear the puck and get it to the forwards. They don't McDonagh or Stralman it and fail 3 times and he their team in their zone for 2 minutes at a time. We had terrible gap control and suppression this round. We looked like an NCAA team respecting them and backing away. We had Ryan f***ING McDonagh on our 2nd pair and I think Sustr could've handled his shifts better at times. Stralman looked like utter dog shit 4 out of 7 of these games. We have the players. We don't have the coaching or system in place that tells them:

GET THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR f***ING ZONE.

We got smoked this series. Like DFC has said repeatedly, he probably won't but he absolutely should fire Cooper. Sure we have a few players that make us pull our hair out but we have a deep team. Theres ZERO reason this team does what it did this round. Even being manhandled, we failed hockey fundamentals all series. We couldn't even string two passes together or get a shot on goal in the 3rd period of a conference final.

Anyway we want to look at it, THIS, with, the move Yzerman made and the personnel we have, was flat out embarassing. I'd argue it was miles worse than 2015 where we made the final with Carle and Sustr. f***ing ridiculous.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Very disappointing end to our season. This one will sting for a while. They were the better team period. We just weren’t good enough. I think our team just doesn’t go to the tough areas enough and we couldn’t finish. There’s goung to be a lot of evaluating to do and I can see SY make some kind of shake up.

Some roster spots might not be so safe this time around. Coop might not be safe either. Shut out 2 games in a row in games where we had the better situation. I’ll give Washington respect for this series because they took it to us but I don’t think we played our best hockey. Left a lot to be desired. Well hopefully SY makes some good decisions this offseason and we can have an opportunity like this next year too. What else can you say?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Completely disagree. Thought they looked better in the third than early on. Besides, the trap has always made good teams look bad. And average teams look great.

You thought 0 SOG through 10 minutes when down 3 goals looked better than the rest of the game? Eek.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Very disappointing end to our season. This one will sting for a while. They were the better team period. We just weren’t good enough. I think our team just doesn’t go to the tough areas enough and we couldn’t finish. There’s goung to be a lot of evaluating to do and I can see SY make some kind of shake up.

Some roster spots might not be so safe this time around. Coop might not be safe either. Shut out 2 games in a row in games where we had the better situation. I’ll give Washington respect for this series because they took it to us but I don’t think we played our best hockey. Left a lot to be desired. Well hopefully SY makes some good decisions this offseason and we can have an opportunity like this next year too. What else can you say?
Ya for sure I don’t think Stevie needs to blow this core up but for sure it needs to be modified a little. We need more grit or size up front I don’t think we have enough of a mix.

Reactions: Master P

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
People need to look at Pittsburgh's back end. That thing is a tire fire when the biggest name has a bad game. Letang was woeful and directly responsible for multiple goals against late in their series. That is inferior to what we have and they ran riot. They know how to clear the puck and get it to the forwards. They don't McDonagh or Stralman it and fail 3 times and he their team in their zone for 2 minutes at a time. We had terrible gap control and suppression this round. We looked like an NCAA team respecting them and backing away. We had Ryan ****ING McDonagh on our 2nd pair and I think Sustr could've handled his shifts better at times. Stralman looked like utter dog **** 4 out of 7 of these games. We have the players. We don't have the coaching or system in place that tells them:

GET THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR ****ING ZONE.

We got smoked this series. Like DFC has said repeatedly, he probably won't but he absolutely should fire Cooper. Sure we have a few players that make us pull our hair out but we have a deep team. Theres ZERO reason this team does what it did this round. Even being manhandled, we failed hockey fundamentals all series. We couldn't even string two passes together or get a shot on goal in the 3rd period of a conference final.

Anyway we want to look at it, THIS, with, the move Yzerman made and the personnel we have, was flat out embarassing. I'd argue it was miles worse than 2015 where we made the final with Carle and Sustr. ****ing ridiculous.
Meh. It's up to the league to do something about trappy systems. It's one thing for a s*** team like Ottawa to play it, but Washington playing and winning with it will basically necessitate most other teams adopting it. Trotz kind of suckerpunched everybody below the belt this year. But look at the guy? Is it really a surprise? No. Not at all.

I will say the great irony will be when Ovechkin fails to get anywhere near Gretzky's goal record because he was essentially complicit in ushering in a second dead puck era.

And yes, I absolutely hated that s*** when Boucher was our coach.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I hope Yzerman went apeshit and pulled a “this is what losing sounds like” scene from Moneyball on this team after this loss. And then punched Jon Cooper square in the jaw.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This sucks, it really sucks. Not the result I wanted to wake up to.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ya for sure I don’t think Stevie needs to blow this core up but for sure it needs to be modified a little. We need more grit or size up front I don’t think we have enough of a mix.

Yes I don’t mean blow it up but need to make some moves. We need to get a little harder to play against. That was too soft.

Reactions: Master P

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
When Coburn is your enforcer you’re not a tough team. When you’re not a tough team you’re not going to win a Stanley Cup.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If Bowness was fired before I fall asleep I would be thrilled.

Trade Johnson, Killorn and dangle McDonagh out there. Bundle Miller with him. They were absolute DUDS. I doubt McDonagh is moved as that would be uncharacteristic but he shouldn't be resigned. He was shit on ice.

I'm extremely disappointed.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
giphy.gif

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We need a core guy that doesn't f***ing constantly shrink and disappear in big games. Like Marty St. Louis. And he wasn't big and nasty and played in a much more physical era.

Reactions: LonLon Lei
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad