GDT: 5/22/21 - 12:30PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Was at the game, section 108 (crazy lady in the Boyle #11 sweater); fairly sure I'm just echoing other people's sentiments here

1. Refs were absolute trash - unbiased, I try not to ref-trash - but these yahoo's should be benched permanently like O'Helloran; it's fine to let the guys play but letting the game get 1000% out of hand to the point where key star players are barely able to get off the ice is guano

2. Call on Kuch for goalie interference, laughable

3. Lomberg needs to go to MMA

4. POS Gudas needs to go to UFC

5. great game - I'm hoarse, I'm sure I'll be bruised from whacking the thunder things on my legs

6. to the dude in front of me who asked me BEFORE the game not to bang the thunder things:

This is freaking hockey, not ballet. I'm loud, cheering, scream, yell and yah, I whack those things until they break & try to make sure they don't hit anyone and use them far of the heads of others or on my legs (yah, they make a lot more noise that way)

#GoEffYourself and whoever your buddy is that you got you those seats? #GoEffHim2 #StayOffYourPhone #Dumbash

#GoBolts
I hope you told him this home of Champa Bay Bolts and banged them harder!

Reactions: PJ817

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I hope you told him this home of Champa Bay Bolts and banged them harder!
I stood up, mid 2nd period

I SAY CHAMPA

U SAY BAY

CHAMPA BAY, CHAMPA BAY

I never let some freeloading loser clown pretender fan to tell me how to fan my club :laugh:

Yeah, I'll be at the next home game; maybe same seat :naughty:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Killer on Florida's game:
"For them, a lot of what they're doing is trying to get us out of our game. If they can go on 4 on 4 or if they can get a power play, they're gonna try to do that because it's in their favor. We're not pressing, they're pressing to get some goals. So we just try to stay out of it. Sometimes it's more difficult to do that than other times."
"I think (Vasy's) done a great job. The way they play, they tend to get some odd man rushes, they tend to take some risks to to get those."

clemmy

Apr 11, 2021
It looked like the cheap A** slash on Kuch hit the lateral side of his knee. You have a nerve there called the peroneal nerve that’s fairly exposed. Hopefully the slash hit there causing the severe pain rather than internal derangement.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Apparently, the same 2 clowns that reffed our game reffed the Canes' game - Brind'Amour flamed them saying they were lousy

Interesting... #FireTheRefs
They were lousy. The inconsistency was amazing. They'd caution our guys for doing post-whistle shit so our guys would listen, then let the Panthers get away with the same shit and call us for penalties instead. The message to the Panthers was a different standard than it was for us so they took liberties. The call on Cernak for hugging was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a game. The call on Kuch for ramming his face into the goalie, because he'd clearly do that of his own volition, was another absolutely stupid call.

The problem was that that was the very first playoff game officiated by Garret Rank...They put him with Kelly Sutherland to attempt to break him in, but we all saw the results. That game was off the rails due to basically mixed messages from the officials.

Oh also, one of the linesmen was officiating his 1st Playoff Game as well...Brandon Gawryletz.

Way to go NHL...let's put two complete n00bs in to officiate a budding rivalry in the pivotal game of the series.

A full half of the officials were n00bs. By comparison the NYI/PIT game had a single n00b linesman with a veteran crew running the rest of the show.

Last edited:

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
052221 game.jpg

052221 game2.jpg

Definitely some flaws in their simulation but also shows just how well Vasi played in this one

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Any updates on Kucherov or Sergachev or why the Panthers are hot garbage?

Reactions: U55

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think I'd rather win a close game than a lopsided one. The other team almost always gets hurt feelings and takes runs at your guys.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Panthers fans showing their pathetic small club mentality with the whole "why are they mad they won the game" crap. We're mad because we have higher expectations and standards than winning just one playoff game, so injuring our guys in gutless ways actually affects us going forward.

If we win on Monday and end this series, their win in Game 3 will be seen as the highlight of their season. If we go on to win the Cup this year, we won't even remember anything that happened in this series. That's the difference.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I saw a lot of **** went down on the main playoff board today during and after the game, so I just wanted to say something. You all know I love talking Lightning hockey with you, and me and the other Lightning mods don't want to see anyone get punished or be forced to sit in the sin bin during the best time of the year. I'm sure you all know the rules. Just be smart about it. Remember that while this section and GDT on HFBolts is a space just for us, what might be completely fine over here, might not pass well over there. If you guys have any questions, you're always welcome to message one of us. Cheers.

Last edited:

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
why would you guess that? It looked like he was holding near his waist. I think the end of the stick was shoved into his waist area like a weapon. Not sure how severe it is but it clearly was very painful.

After looking at the replay I think you might be right.

Reactions: PJ817 and U55

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I saw a lot of **** went down on the main playoff board today during and after the game, so I just wanted to say something. You all know I love talking Lightning hockey with you, and me and the other Lightning mods don't want to see anyone get punished or be forced to sit in the sin bin during the best time of the year. I'm sure you all know the rules. Just be smart about it. Remember that while this section and GDT on HFBolts is a space just for us, what might be completely fine over here, might not pass well over there. If you guys have any questions, you're always welcome to message one of us. Cheers.
Getting infractions is just part of playoff posting.

You play on the edge but sometimes you end up crossing it. That's shitposting though - every team would want me as their poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig