GDT: 5/22/21 - 12:30PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You're a star player and every team wants their star players on the ice.

Well you gotta do game day thread management too, if one side is dishing too much to handle gotta even it all out ya know.. I mean maybe fl fans wouldn't show up if we didn't right?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's interesting to hear former NBA players talk about officiating, especially involving Tim Donaghey. They just say it. Donaghey will say it for that matter.

Last edited:

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
If Duclair took a shot to the head and was bleeding out I wouldn’t care That’s how much I hate him now. He’s dirty. Q is classless.

Reactions: ultra63

clemmy

Apr 11, 2021
I am curious on whether the DPS looks at the hit on Sergachev. Looking at it repeatedly, it looked like a good hit as far as contact goes. I think it would have been a non-issue if it happened against the boards or in open ice, even if Sergachev gets hurt as a result. It wasn’t necessary given the score, but I guess that’s hockey, a losing team looking to “send a message” that they couldn’t by the score.

But nowdays they say that it is the player’s responsibility to back off or avoid a hit if the other player is in a vulnerable position. I could see the DPS saying that the distance from the boards made him vulnerable and so he shouldn’t have completely followed through on the hit. They do consider things like that the game was out of reach as well as injury.

‘I’m not saying it necessarily should result in a ruling, just that it will be interesting to see if they have a hearing. It’s so inconsistent, so who knows?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I want to say "sorry" to the mods for my last post.
But I cannot tolerate the people who wants to come to another fanbase section with the intent to flame and to trash talk.
Hockey means respect, imo and it's not a positive sign if a team, a player o a "fanbase" does not show it.
Sorry again, but I had to answer to that post, I think.
Have a good day. :)

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Games like this is why I hate the instigator rule. If you do this to star players when the game is decided, you deserve to have the s**** beat out of you.

Reactions: lilidk and Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
But I cannot tolerate the people who wants to come to another fanbase section with the intent to flame and to trash talk.
Hockey means respect, imo and it's not a positive sign if a team, a player o a "fanbase" does not show it.
They're just following the example of their garbage team. They don't understand the meaning of respect since there's nothing respectable about them.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
All good! Just report the trolls, we’ll take care of it.

bodi

May 14, 2016
Joe Smith from The Athletic says:
Though coach Jon Cooper didn’t have an update postgame on either player, early indications are that neither injury is serious.
The good news for the Lightning is that Kucherov’s injury isn’t considered serious, according to a source. It’s hard to know the severity of Sergachev’s injury, though he did skate off on his own power after hitting his head against the boards when Hornqvist hit him shoulder-to-shoulder. From what I’m hearing, Sergachev is trending in the right direction. Whether either Kucherov or Sergachev is ready to play by Game 5 remains to be seen.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
They're just following the example of their garbage team. They don't understand the meaning of respect since there's nothing respectable about them.
After the Boston series, last year, I went on their section to "shake virtually their hands" and to congratulate with them.
And so did I with Dallas, especially on Facebook, after game 6.
And you all know that Boston is not our fav franchise... :) But my parents and hockey taught me what "respect" means.
What I am seeing during these series both here and on Twitter is just disgusting.
It's not hockey and it's not sport. It's something barbarian.

Reactions: berlin and Hoek

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
After the Boston series, last year, I went on their section to "shake virtually their hands" and to congratulate with them.
And so did I with Dallas, especially on Facebook, after game 6.
And you all know that Boston is not our fav franchise... :) But my parents and hockey taught me what "respect" means.
What I am seeing during these series both here and on Twitter is just disgusting.
It's not hockey and it's not sport. It's something barbarian.
I was cheering CBJ when they beat us. I was happy as fcuk when WSH won Stanley Cup,and was cheering for them too. After 2 games I was thinking that if FLO beats us I will be cheering them. But after last game,no I wont. Its so unrealistic to dislike someone else in league,when league has Wilson and Marchand,but FLorida made it happen :D

Reactions: Fabiobest

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Lightning should maybe try to convince the league to make them the international face of the league (Russia for example given we have Kuch and Vasi) since they want to expand the brand overseas.

What's the difference for someone in Europe between NY and TB? I don't feel any particular loyalty to cities in countries I've never been to.

Basically what the San Antonio Spurs did.

Reactions: Hoek

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I was cheering CBJ when they beat us. I was happy as fcuk when WSH won Stanley Cup,and was cheering for them too. After 2 games I was thinking that if FLO beats us I will be cheering them. But after last game,no I wont. Its so unrealistic to dislike someone else in league,when league has Wilson and Marchand,but FLorida made it happen :D
Me too I was happy when Washington won the Cup because I thought that a great champion like Ovechkin does not derserve to end his career without a Stanley Cup.
And I respected CBJ very much after that series...
The problem is that there're teams and fans that do not know how ice hockey works.
Relocation.

Reactions: Peacefool

speedKills

May 4, 2011
Horny speared him; hopefully, not enough to cause internal damage but clearly, to me, in replay and AT the game, spearing
That is what I saw too. Watch it again. Did anyone else see that? All I have heard is the shoulder to shoulder hit

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
That is what I saw too. Watch it again. Did anyone else see that? All I have heard is the shoulder to shoulder hit
I was the game - on the opposite of the rink and thought at the time it was spearing. You can see the deliberation of Horny taking his stick and jabbing it - the angle of the video makes it look like shoulder/shoulder but Sergie is NOT grabbing his shoulder, he's grabbing his middle section. Horny just appears to have camo'd his actions;

As I look at the videos of the incident - I am MORE convinced it was spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad