GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How does one even fix that? On paper, this is the best team in the league, I'd say. Easily the most talented roster we've ever iced.

I think we ran into a defensive structure that just completely has our number. And we've had no answer for it, outside of a moment or two.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Well, I guess we should fill our team with Ryan Callahans then. Never takes a shift off.

Minus his contract, I’m all for it. I’ll gladly take guys with less talent that lead with unrelenting hustle and perseverance than prima donnas like Kuch, who people like you make excuses for because you can’t admit that a guy who by all means should be a leader on this team looks like a pouty brat.

That’s why I think Vegas would beat our skulls in.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I think we're going to find out something's off with Kucherov. His shot is still there, but he doesn't seem to have much agility or speed. At least not what we're used to.
It's partially an ego thing, and it's been going on all year. He thinks he's arrived, and doesn't play like he has something to prove anymore.

That being said, he wasn't any worse than 90% of the rest of the team tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Quit making freaking excuses for the guy, everyone including the commentators can see what is going on and he is not giving it his all. He is a poor example of a your supposedly best player leading by example and I am not talking just about scoring.

...I'm saying he's had two bad series. But there are people in this thread saying we should get rid of him.

Yes, he's bad right now, but we've made 3 ECFs in the last 4 years, and two of those don't happen without Nikita Kucherov. So let's not be so emotional and reactionary over a bad loss and think we'd be better off without one of the ten best players in the league.

Reactions: Master P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Minus his contract, I’m all for it. I’ll gladly take guys with less talent that lead with unrelenting hustle and perseverance than prima donnas like Kuch, who people like you make excuses for because you can’t admit that a guy who by all means should be a leader on this team looks like a pouty brat.

That’s why I think Vegas would beat our skulls in.

Yeah, because James Neal is such a perfect example of gamesmanship.

You're talking about Kucherov the way people often talk about Ovechkin, who was a key part of Washington's win tonight. And Kucherov has been a key part of every playoff success we've had in the Cooper era except for this one.

It's recency bias. You just watched the guy have a string of bad games, so you're forgetting those times he put the team on his back.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Quit making freaking excuses for the guy, everyone including the commentators can see what is going on and he is not giving it his all. He is a poor example of a your supposedly best player leading by example and I am not talking just about scoring.
I love how on this board the players that are liked get a million excuses but the scapegoat players are not allowed such leeway.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
...I'm saying he's had two bad series. But there are people in this thread saying we should get rid of him.

Yes, he's bad right now, but we've made 3 ECFs in the last 4 years, and two of those don't happen without Nikita Kucherov. So let's not be so emotional and reactionary over a bad loss and think we'd be better off without one of the ten best players in the league.

No ones saying he’s not an asset. But IMO he’s not worth top 10 money going forward.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I love how on this board the players that are liked get a million excuses but the scapegoat players are not allowed such leeway.

Because some of them have a big, long track record of coming up big in the playoffs.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Game 7 is simple, if we show up and play like scared little children like we did in game 6, we lose. If we show up and play like we actually care about winning anything of worth, we win. We'll find out Wednesday.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This is going eerily similar to 2016 ECF. Vasy keeping us in it, have a 3-2 series lead... I just hope the game 7 result is different.

Honestly I feel worse now than I did heading into 2016 Game 7. I was actually somewhat confident in heading into Game 7 2015.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think we ran into a defensive structure that just completely has our number. And we've had no answer for it, outside of a moment or two.
So that's three playoffs in a row where we've run into a team that's been night and day better than us.

Is that not unusual? We're not just getting beat, we're getting THOROUGHLY beat.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
My take was the big 3 were pretty horrible. Hedman was a mess and I find the Bolts game revolves around him. When he is not good the Bolts are not going to be good.

Anyone else notice that long range replay where Pointe just lets Smith-Pelly go up the ice and score a goal? That was really ugly.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
It would have been nice to play a good game even though you lost to build on going to a game 7, but this one feels totally demoralizing the way we played to give us and the players confidence.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, because James Neal is such a perfect example of gamesmanship.

You're talking about Kucherov the way people often talk about Ovechkin, who was a key part of Washington's win tonight. And Kucherov has been a key part of every playoff success we've had in the Cooper era except for this one.

It's recency bias. You just watched the guy have a string of bad games, so you're forgetting those times he put the team on his back.

So Kucherov never took off games before this series? The entire board was in an uproar for half the season because the guy looked like a head case. But yea keep making excuses.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
If we lose on Wednesday that will be 3x playoffs in a row where we were eliminated by a team that was DECISIVELY better than us. Not evenly matched series, but beat by a team that was EASILY better.

That seems to be a problem.
I dont agree with Hawks or Caps being Decisively better than us-especially the former

Reactions: Master P

Goober

Apr 19, 2006
I'll admit it - I'm the biggest negative, sky is falling fan. Fire Cooper. Kucherov sucks. Stamkos is invisible. Hedman was terrible. I'm as pissed as anyone about tonight's effort.

But I say just step off the ledge and take a deep breath.

I just have this feeling that Wednesday night we will all be singing a different tune. I just feel it.

Who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad