GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just like Stamkos was worth his contract when it was signed?

Yea that seems like a mistake now.

What about "one of the best playoff performers in franchise history" and "coming off a 100 point season" applies to Stamkos?

It's debatable whether Stamkos's contract will wind up good, but the fact that it was 8.5 instead of 11 means we'll probably be okay with it.

I think you're being a little hard on Kucherov based on two bad playoff series, when the guy's entire history has been full of clutch goals at this time of year.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I'll reiterate: Kucherov was terrible. I only could catch the 3rd, but he was giving pucks away, and backchecking like he barely cared.

The Caps were everywhere the puck was. Near Holtby? All collapse near him. On the boards? Send two on the man, the rest in the passing lanes. Unreal how effective their D is, when their personnel on it aren't really anything to write home about.

If we are going to win Game 7, we need to figure out that D and expose it.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Holy f*** this was some awful officiating. Palat and Cirelli both tripped late no call. Wilson was offside on his third period chance. Coburn call was super weak. Multiple questionable hits.

AND HOLY f*** HOW IS THAT NOT ICING

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
You forgot: and the Caps are just better.
Yeah, they have been 5v5. There is no disputing that.

Game 7 is just one game and we have home ice. Vassy is hot. I don’t have a clue who wins. Gun to my head I’d go Lightning. But who knows.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I'll reiterate: Kucherov was terrible. I only could catch the 3rd, but he was giving pucks away, and backchecking like he barely cared.

The Caps were everywhere the puck was. Near Holtby? All collapse near him. On the boards? Send two on the man, the rest in the passing lanes. Unreal how effective their D is, when their personnel on it aren't really anything to write home about.

Oh, please. Don't blame the reffing for the Lightning's flaccid play.

It wasn't icing because the puck didn't cross the line. Plain and simple.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
What about "one of the best playoff performers in franchise history" and "coming off a 100 point season" applies to Stamkos?

It's debatable whether Stamkos's contract will wind up good, but the fact that it was 8.5 instead of 11 means we'll probably be okay with it.

I think you're being a little hard on Kucherov based on two bad playoff series, when the guy's entire history has been full of clutch goals at this time of year.

For every clutch goal (that never led to a Cup) there’s a game he takes off that led to an elimination.

Someone else can pay him 11 mil to be a crybaby for all I care.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016

The difference is you see Kucherov play lazy and get frustrated and take plays off while the true best player on this team is Point who never lets off the gas pedal even when he isn't scoring. He will be the best player on the team next year without a doubt.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think we're going to find out something's off with Kucherov. His shot is still there, but he doesn't seem to have much agility or speed. At least not what we're used to.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I want everyone to be like this dude and get the next one on Wed.

200w.gif

Reactions: Hit The Lights

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I think we're going to find out something's off with Kucherov. His shot is still there, but he doesn't seem to have much agility or speed. At least not what we're used to.

Thinking the same thing. I said it last series too, I think he's playing injured. Just doesn't look nearly as dangerous out there as he should.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
game plan for game 7

SHOOT THE PUCK
Its funny you mention that since that is exactly what this team tends to do after a loss. Any time they win a few games in a row they get cocky and try to be too cute. When they lose a game they usually follow it up by simplifying everything and throwing things at the net. I also think the caps just gave everything they had left in the tank, as expected from an elimination game. I feel like they are going to be pretty tired physically but more important mentally. I think we can jump on them early and win game 7. But thats just me.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For every clutch goal (that never led to a Cup) there’s a game he takes off that led to an elimination.

Someone else can pay him 11 mil to be a crybaby for all I care.

Well, I guess we should fill our team with Ryan Callahans then. Never takes a shift off.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If we lose on Wednesday that will be 3x playoffs in a row where we were eliminated by a team that was DECISIVELY better than us. Not evenly matched series, but beat by a team that was EASILY better.

That seems to be a problem.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
If we lose on Wednesday that will be 3x playoffs in a row where we were eliminated by a team that was DECISIVELY better than us. Not evenly matched series, but best by a team that was EASILY better.

That seems to be a problem.

How does one even fix that? On paper, this is the best team in the league, I'd say. Easily the most talented roster we've ever iced.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The difference is you see Kucherov play lazy and get frustrated and take plays off while the true best player on this team is Point who never lets off the gas pedal even when he isn't scoring. He will be the best player on the team next year without a doubt.

He may well be. But even so, he's never done what Kucherov has done in the playoffs. Not even close.

Kucherov has unquestionably been bad for two series now. But I think it's a mistake to judge him as a player based on that. Pretty much any playoff legend you can think of had terrible playoff series and playoff years in their careers. Kucherov isn't a ppg playoff player by accident.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Quit making freaking excuses for the guy, everyone including the commentators can see what is going on and he is not giving it his all. He is a poor example of a your supposedly best player leading by example and I am not talking just about scoring.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad