GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Well couldn’t match there intensity tonight. Though I didn’t think we’d win 4 straight against this team. Gotta be much better game 7 and play with some dame urgency. Can’t give them to much respect and bring our game to them for once!

Reactions: Master P

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
No goals in the last 99:27. Offense hasn't just been bad, it's been completely non-existent. No answers for what the Capitals are doing through center and in their own zone, and Holtby is stopping the few chances they've actually gotten.

It’s hard to score when you continually pass up shots with open shooting lanes.

#justCooperthings

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gonna be a deflating end of the year if we manage to bottle this at home on Wednesday. We looked like a high school team out there tonight. Gourde is so ineffective this round. He had his moments against Boston but he's got like one good shift a period and he's run off the track.

Point was the only guy ready to go tonight - like most nights. Stamkos had a terrific games 1-3 and has once again stopped shooting, stopped looking threatening. Kucherov looks like absolute dog shit out there. He's completely out of his comfort zone getting hit and defended properly. Miller was another disappointment. Really, really thought he'd be an improvement this postseason and while he has made a few key plays when needed, he's been a dud in general.

I need to go back to expecting nothing like I did in game 3 and 4. I expect nothing on Wednesday.

Ps. We aren't having post game shakes. f*** everything.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Holy lord, you have to be related to that dude.

I give credit to guys who get scoring chances. I thought Stamkos turned his game around in this series when he wasn't scoring, rather than when he was. Kucherov, on the other hand, isn't getting chances right now. Johnson is still getting them now, and he's hustling more than most of our forwards. Chances eventually start going in.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
My last memories of a game 7 are three years back on the Rangers series as I had to miss most of the Pens series in 2016. But I still remember that anxiousness before the game and during it. Win or lose, I hope we play our best hockey on Wednesday.

Reactions: Master P

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
He's one of the best playoff performers in the history of the franchise, already, and is coming off a 100 point season. He's worth a lot.

Just like Stamkos was worth his contract when it was signed?

Yea that seems like a mistake now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's one of the best playoff performers in the history of the franchise, already, and is coming off a 100 point season. He's worth a lot.

He is but there's a difference between a lot and A LOT. 0 points vs Pitt in games 6 and 7, 0 points against the NYR in game 7, 0 points against the Red Wings in game 7. Lucky for us the Lightning are historically very good at home in clinching games under Cooper, 6-3 if I did my math right

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
We weren't just beaten tonight, we were humiliated. Will be interesting to see how we respond to being embarrassed like that.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
I give credit to guys who get scoring chances. I thought Stamkos turned his game around in this series when he wasn't scoring, rather than when he was. Kucherov, on the other hand, isn't getting chances right now. Johnson is still getting them now, and he's hustling more than most of our forwards. Chances eventually start going in.
He hustles when he thinks he has a chance to score, and then floats when he needs to play defense except for a few plays when he hustled back this game. Go look at the tapes of these games and tell me how much he plays defense which wins games when you can't score like him

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So its Coopers fault the players aren't shooting the puck? k

We're not shooting because every time we try it gets swallowed up in traffic. Nothing's getting through, so we're reverting to passing too much.

But I do think it's on Coop to find a solution to that. Telling the players to "push harder" isn't going to help when Washington just keeps us in areas from which we can't score.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Everyone is suggesting the Lightning weren’t ready. I just don’t see it that way. The Caps have proven through six games to be the better 5v5 team. It’s been 6 games and we’ve yet to outshoot them. I don’t believe we’ve outchanced them.

The Lightning have players sacrificing their bodies, blocking shots. This isn’t a team that’s sleep walking. The Caps are heavier and the refs are swallowing their whistles both ways. The Caps are damn fast too.

After 2 games I was steaming mad, ready to fire Cooper, ready to trade major assets. Not anymore, these guys want it. But so do the Caps.

Reactions: SF91

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
tumblr_nvnwwi3mgM1sfsov0o1_500.gif

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Everyone is suggesting the Lightning weren’t ready. I just don’t see it that way. The Caps have proven through six games to be the better 5v5 team. It’s been 6 games and we’ve yet to outshoot them. I don’t believe we’ve outchanced them.

The Lightning have players sacrificing their bodies, blocking shots. This isn’t a team that’s sleep walking. The Caps are heavier and the refs are swallowing their whistles both ways. The Caps are damn fast too.

After 2 games I was steaming mad, ready to fire Cooper, ready to trade major assets. Not anymore, these guys want it. But so do the Caps.
You forgot: and the Caps are just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad