GDT: #5 - 10/16/14 | Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Ward is still their #1

Perhaps he gets traded and they anoint Khudobin as their starter.

We haven't established a #1 yet.

Bill Peters has said he wants to have a #1 goaltender, but right now we have been rotating between Ward and Khudobin. Honestly, thus far, they have both been playing like trash.

Based on last years results and Cam Ward's regression I fully expect Khudobin to take the reins as #1 sometime this year.

Please go easy on us tonight... It's hard to watch your team without your top 3 forwards and #1 defenseman.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
xzibit_happy.jpg

3 1 2 0 .816 5.42

xzibit_wtf.jpg

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We haven't established a #1 yet.

Bill Peters has said he wants to have a #1 goaltender, but right now we have been rotating between Ward and Khudobin. Honestly, thus far, they have both been playing like trash.

Based on last years results and Cam Ward's regression I fully expect Khudobin to take the reins as #1 sometime this year.

Please go easy on us tonight... It's hard to watch your team without your top 3 forwards and #1 defenseman.

We are without our #1 C and a top 4 defenseman so although it is not quite as bad we do feel some of your pain.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The Cam Ward that Carolina were willing to package the 7th overall with just to get rid of? That Cam Ward?

Carolina was NOT willing to package the 7th overall to get rid of him. If they were, he'd be gone. That's what Calgary was asking but Francis flatly rejected it. But your other point is right. There really isn't a #1 yet. Khudobin was better than Ward last year, but neither has been particularly sharp this year.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Couple small tweaks on the Canes line-up from the OP. Switch Semin and Lindholm around as Semin will be with Tlusty and Nash. Liles is also out with injury.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Carolina was NOT willing to package the 7th overall to get rid of him. If they were, he'd be gone. That's what Calgary was asking but Francis flatly rejected it. But your other point is right. There really isn't a #1 yet. Khudobin was better than Ward last year, but neither has been particularly sharp this year.

I could've sworn that was confirmed somewhere. Guess not.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
You literally just called him hot, wet trash.

This isn't Miller's last shot to prove anything because he's still 21 years old.

But again, if other prospects are overtaking him in the Rangers lineup then he may be running out of chances with the Rangers and become more useful as a trade chip. If Hayes and Duclair are passing him by and the Rangers are keeping Zuccarello etc is Miller valuable as a 4th line wing or is valuable in a trade?

Anyways, Khudobin wasn't great in his 1 game this year but he didn't get a lot of help. So hopefully the Rangers can keep pushing him and Canes

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i fear we will find someway to make their net minder into some freakish hybrid of dom hasek and patrick roy.

i expect us to outshoot them by something like 76-20 and lose 5-2.

henrik will let in 2 goals in 2.1 secs and atleast one goal goes in off some body part attached to dan girardi.

im gonna blame kostka now even though hes not playing.

hide the handguns if we lose this one.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
But again, if other prospects are overtaking him in the Rangers lineup then he may be running out of chances with the Rangers and become more useful as a trade chip. If Hayes and Duclair are passing him by and the Rangers are keeping Zuccarello etc is Miller valuable as a 4th line wing or is valuable in a trade?

Well yes. This is true also. But from purely a player standpoint, it's not as if Miller is useless if he doesn't succeed at the NHL level this year. That's ridiculous.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I could've sworn that was confirmed somewhere. Guess not.

There was confusion on some tweets/HF threads on that on who offered what..but in the end, it was what Calgary was asking (not what the Canes were offering). Francis actually said during the Canes town hall this summer when asked about trading Ward, that teams wanted picks and young players to take on Ward and he wasn't willing to do that, as he wants to win long term, not just make a move for this year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well yes. This is true also. But from purely a player standpoint, it's not as if Miller is useless if he doesn't succeed at the NHL level this year. That's ridiculous.

Very true, and the season is still very young. Hayes could certainly falter and struggle bigtime. He's looked solid and created a lot of chances in his two games so far but it's just two games

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Very true, and the season is still very young. Hayes could certainly falter and struggle bigtime. He's looked solid and created a lot of chances in his two games so far but it's just two games

Exactly. These are some serious conclusions being drawn from 3 or 4 damn games. I really hope both succeed, though. It would totally change our center corps.

*Bob Richards*

Not only have we beaten this team 100 times out of the last 10 but they're missing some huge players.

It will be pure gold reading this board if we fall to 1-4 tonight..Pure gold I tell you

Not that I would ever cheer against the Rangers (large bets aside) but this is the kind of game you'd like to see them lose just for the comedy factor on these boards. Incredible potential. Tremendous upside for the lulz.

I never want to lose but I'd be lying if I didn't have some morbid curiosity as to what the board would look like lol.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm not confident the Rangers win this one right now. Our offensive players good puck possession doesn't matter when the D is bad at possessing the puck AND apt to making awful decisions in their own zone.

Let's see if the defense remembers how to play hockey sooner rather than later.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Why? Stempniak has outplayed Zucc by a pretty significant margin. He deserves more ice-time.
I definitely wouldn't switch Zucc/Stemp. Stempniak deserves the extra minutes with the way he has played.
At some point, people have to stop seeing a first, second and third line (in terms of ice time). AV didn't do that all of last year, and he is not doing it this year either.

There is a top 9 that is rotated fairly equally, and a 4th line.

While Hayes clearly got "sheltered" somewhat against the Isles, this is the ice-time for the forwards :

MSL - 17:13
Nash - 16:54
Zucc - 16:22
Brass - 15:50
Duke - 15:44
Hags - 15:34
Stemp - 15:30
Kreids - 15:20
Hayes - 13:56
Malone - 11:39
D. Moore - 11:29
Glass - 11:27

People should start thinking in terms of the best combinations of players, and not base it on a rigid line model that AV is CLEARLY not using :)

Minkus

Strangers
Feb 1, 2014
Houston, TX
There's really no need to have Glass in the line-up tonight. I can at least understand why playing him against Philly, Boston, Columbus, etc. makes sense but Carolina isn't all that big or physical. Should have just played Fast on the 4th, I think he's been fine there. Miller should probably play too, though not on the 4th.

RegalRangers

Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles
Even with our rough start I don't think there's been a game in the past 5 years that has looked more like a win going in.

This is not even a trap game, this is just going to be really fun to watch.

Just put all my vCash on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad