GDT: #5 - 10/16/14 | Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Switch Stempniak and Zuccarello, play Miller, sit Glass. For god's sake.

Why play Miller? To boost his confidence against a crap team? He's been hot wet trash, and Hayes looks a ton better. Glass hasn't bothered me at all, he's done his job as far as I'm concerned...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Why play Miller? To boost his confidence against a crap team? He's been hot wet trash, and Hayes looks a ton better. Glass hasn't bothered me at all, he's done his job as far as I'm concerned...

Glass might not have bothered you personally, but statistically, he's been as bad as he's always been. And that's pretty ****ing terrible. He's done his job if you want your 4th line hemmed into their zone for about a minute at a time.

Because Miller hasn't been nearly as bad as the annual HFNYR lynch mob have deemed him and he deserves another shot after getting scratched?

Vickers8

I agree

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Glass might not have bothered you personally, but statistically, he's been as bad as he's always been. And that's pretty ****ing terrible. He's done his job if you want your 4th line hemmed into their zone for about a minute at a time.

Because Miller hasn't been nearly as bad as the annual HFNYR lynch mob have deemed him and he deserves another shot after getting scratched?

Haha good point on Glass. I guess I'm desensitized to the suck, because all the hate he got made me expect a half Pejorative Slured moose on broken skate blades...

Miller hasn't been horrible, but still looks lost and Hayes has been quite a bit better. I think this is Miller's last shot to prove he's not a tweener.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Haha good point on Glass. I guess I'm desensitized to the suck, because all the hate he got made me expect a half Pejorative Slured moose on broken skate blades...

Miller hasn't been horrible, but still looks lost and Hayes has been quite a bit better. I think this is Miller's last shot to prove he's not a tweener.

Last shot with the Rangers maybe...again, he's so young it's tough to just give up on him, but if he's quickly passed by other prospects then he might end up more valuable as a trade piece.

I certainly would prefer him or Fast instead of Glass though

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Why? Stempniak has outplayed Zucc by a pretty significant margin. He deserves more ice-time. Plus those line combinations worked pretty well last game, it was the defensive collapse that cost us.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

I definitely wouldn't switch Zucc/Stemp. Stempniak deserves the extra minutes with the way he has played.

I'm all for sitting Glass, though. He's useless. More importantly, management is not helping Miller's development by scratching him. I don't think he's been good in the few games he has played, but he's definitely more talented than Glass. There's more to gain by playing him than there is to lose.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
jt miller just isnt a centerman. hes a better winger. hes big and fast and can play physical.

hes not that strong defensively nor on faceoffs. playing the pivot requires more responsibility. hes overmatched at center right now. ive long said hes a better winger. his future just is not at the c.

put him on the wing and let him play up and down hockey and use his speed and grit on the edge.

right now i would go with

brass
msl
hayes
moore

glass sits- AWFUL contract. just awful.
fast sits- hes shown nothing so far.

malone is too one dimensional but he has to play to add some muscle and a pp net presence.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
This game isn't so much a "must win". It's more like a "must not lose", if that makes any sense.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
jt miller just isnt a centerman. hes a better winger. hes big and fast and can play physical.

hes not that strong defensively nor on faceoffs. playing the pivot requires more responsibility. hes overmatched at center right now. ive long said hes a better winger. his future just is not at the c.

put him on the wing and let him play up and down hockey and use his speed and grit on the edge.

right now i would go with

brass
msl
hayes
moore

glass sits- AWFUL contract. just awful.
fast sits- hes shown nothing so far.

malone is too one dimensional but he has to play to add some muscle and a pp net presence.

I was a big supporter of letting miller play his "natural position" but he has looked even worse...
At this point I think jt just needs more time in the A.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Haha, hot wet trash... ooooh boy.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Why? Stempniak has outplayed Zucc by a pretty significant margin. He deserves more ice-time. Plus those line combinations worked pretty well last game, it was the defensive collapse that cost us.

That's not because I want to give Stemp less icetime, but I want to see how Kreider-Brass-Zucc will look. I think Stempniak deserves the minutes he's getting.

I definitely wouldn't switch Zucc/Stemp. Stempniak deserves the extra minutes with the way he has played.

I'm all for sitting Glass, though. He's useless. More importantly, management is not helping Miller's development by scratching him. I don't think he's been good in the few games he has played, but he's definitely more talented than Glass. There's more to gain by playing him than there is to lose.

I think a game sitting for Miller might have been beneficial. Scratching him for another game would be idiotic, imo.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

You literally just called him hot, wet trash.

This isn't Miller's last shot to prove anything because he's still 21 years old.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Eric and Jordan out.

Skinner out.

Carolina's backup goalie in net.

That's a recipe for a Rangers loss if you've been following the team as long as I have.

Khudobin becomes Patrick Roy tonight, and the Rangers lose 4-2

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Eric and Jordan out.

Skinner out.

Carolina's backup goalie in net.

That's a recipe for a Rangers loss if you've been following the team as long as I have.

Khudobin becomes Patrick Roy tonight, and the Rangers lose 4-2

Khudobin is not their backup. He's a quality NHL goaltender.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Ward is still their #1

Perhaps he gets traded and they anoint Khudobin as their starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Ward is still their #1

Perhaps he gets traded and they anoint Khudobin as their starter.

Anton Khudobin last year: .926 SV%, 36 GP, 16-15-5 record.

Cam Ward last year: .898 SV%, 30 GP, 10-12-6 record.

Khudobin is clearly their starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark