[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #5 - 10/16/2014

vs
(0-2-1) ____________ (1-3-0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, FS-CR

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; CAR@NYR 04/08/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - HURRICANES.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

OCTOBER SCHEDULE:

octoberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I think I’m playing with good structure, but then I lose my structure a little bit when we as a group lose our structure.
So together here we need to regroup and be better. We have to talk about this obviously, address it, and correct it.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We made a couple of mistakes with the puck and the puck was in our net.
But they weren’t little mistakes, they were big mistakes, and then it just snowballed from there.
- Marc Staal

It’s a game of mistakes. You have to give them an opportunity to play through them and contribute, find a way to bounce back.
In that game, it didn’t go the way Mike anticipated.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="CAROLINA HURRICANES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 3 | GF | 9
W | 0 | GA | 13
L | 2 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 4.00
Pts | 1 | PIM/G | 13.0
HOME | 0-1-1 | PP% | 33.3
AWAY | 0-1-0 | PK% | 60.0
STREAK | OT1 | FO% | 56.6

Division | 8th
Conference | 15th
League | 28th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Jiri Tlusty | 3 Assists | Nash, Semin | 2 Points | Jiri Tlusty | 4 + / - | Nash, Terry | +3 Shots | Jiri Tlusty | 8 Hits | Brad Malone | 12 Blocks | Faulk, Hainsey | 5 PIM | Jay Harrison | 19 FO% | Riley Nash | 60.6 TOI/G F: | Jiri Tlusty | 20:12 TOI/G D: | Justin Faulk | 23:45

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Jiri Tlusty | Riley Nash | Alex Semin
Nathan Gerbe | Victor Rask | Elias Lindholm
Chris Terry | Jay McClement | Zach Boychuk
Brad Malone | Brody Sutter | Patrick Brown

LD | RD
Jay Harrison | Justin Faulk
Tim Gleason (A) | Ryan Murphy
Ron Hainsey (A) | Brett Bellemore

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

Khudobin.png

Anton Khudobin

GPI: 1 | W: 0 | L: 1 | OT: 0
SV% .871 | GAA: 4.14 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Jeff Skinner | Concussion (DTD)
Andrej Sekera | Upper body (DTD)
Pat Dwyer | Lower body (DTD)
Eric Staal | Upper body (DTD)
Jordan Staal | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 4 | GF | 11
W | 1 | GA | 19
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.75
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 4.75
Pts | 2 | PIM/G | 15.0
HOME | 0-2-0 | PP% | 0.0
AWAY | 1-1-0 | PK% | 82.4
STREAK | L3 | FO% | 47.5

Division | 6th
Conference | 12th
League | 25th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 6 Assists | Martin St. Louis | 4 Points | Rick Nash | 7 + / - | Martin St. Louis | +5 Shots | Lee Stempniak | 14 Hits | Tanner Glass | 15 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 12 PIM | Chris Kreider | 17 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.7 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 17:33 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:08

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Anthony Duclair | Martin St. Louis (A) | Rick Nash
Chris Kreider | Derick Brassard | Lee Stempniak
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Mats Zuccarello
Ryan Malone | Dominic Moore | Tanner Glass

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Matt Hunwick
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Jesper Fast|
J.T. Miller|
Mike Kostka|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 3 | W: 1 | L: 2 | OT: 0
SV% .816 | GAA: 5.42 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dan Boyle | Broken hand (IR)
Derek Stepan | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Looks like Anton Khudobin in net for the Hurricanes tonight but Jeff Skinner (concussion) still iffy and both Eric and Jordan Staal out.”

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Predictions:

Hank looks phenomenal
Duclair and Zuccarello score
Nash's new dad powers keep on rollin
3-1 W

LGR, get back on track tonight

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Missing this one.

Hopefully Duke and Hayes stay effective. McD, G, and Staal get their heads out of their ***es, and Hank comes up big for the 'W'.

This place is going to be a **** show tonight if the Rangers lose.

LGR

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think Duclair scores tonight. He has been good since the first game.

Nash needs to continue playing like a man possessed.

The team needs to buy into defensive zone coverage. They did for 2/3 of last game.

But most importantly, that ******* Kostka isnt in.

Vickers8

Glad AV kept the same lines, lines were good the other night, the defensemen were not, Hunwick on 2nd pair is a problem

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
neither Staal is playing tonight for Carolina. there's no excuses.

Edit, and now neither is Sekera or Skinner..

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This isn't even a trap loss. This is literally a win for the taking. There's absolutely no excuse to lose here, even with Stepan and Boyle out.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This games is a no win situation.

The Canes are brutal, so unless we curb stomp these ****ers 6-1 while outshooting them 40-15 or some crooked score/shot total like that, the questions of d-zone coverage and responsibility will remain un-answered.

Need a complete 60 minute effort.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
They have to destroy this team tonight, not neccessarily 6 goals or whatever, but holding the puck, getting 40 shots on goal, etc etc.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The way this team has peppered goalies with shots i dont see them losing. They are playing against a very battered carolina team. Keep shooting the puck

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The way this team has peppered goalies with shots i dont see them losing. They are playing against a very battered carolina team. Keep shooting the puck

agreed, the offense really isn't the problem.. its stopping the other team that's the problem right now.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Jay Harrison plays on their first pairing. Jay ****ing Harrison.

I want a win tonight. Don't care much about the "how" tbh, 2 points are 2 points.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Not that I would ever cheer against the Rangers (large bets aside) but this is the kind of game you'd like to see them lose just for the comedy factor on these boards. Incredible potential. Tremendous upside for the lulz.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
got news for everyone matt hunwick was the best dman we had in the game he played. he is not the problem

AV is spot on Girardi (who looks like he just wants to play goalie), Staal, Mcdonagh, and john Moore have all been AWFUL. let's take off the blinders for a minute ryan mcdonagh is playing like *** he's much much better than this. and I know he and the others all will be. this is a D group that went toe to toe with the Kings just a few months ago they didn't forget how to defend. they'll figure it out.

The forwards against the isles looked dominant. I still rather just settle in and put zucc with brass and kreider now but I can live with the current lineup.

Also cream always rises to the top doesn't it? clearly duclair and hayes had the most upside of our rookie forwards and sure enough they are the ones in the lineup when the games got real.

Fast stinks i'm sorry I see a depth guy at best right now that can fill in for injuries and JT miller well i'm very disappointed he looks lost again. its between his ears right now the problem. If he went to the AHL he'd put up multi point games. It just seems right now the nhl game is to fast for him MENTALLY not physically. he has some maturing to do still.

Hayes you can see right away he just gets it. as does duclair. Both will be regulars for us im sure of it. But 2 rookies is plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not that I would ever cheer against the Rangers (large bets aside) but this is the kind of game you'd like to see them lose just for the comedy factor on these boards. Incredible potential. Tremendous upside for the lulz.

This board would have a full on meltdown and there's nothing you can do to defend a loss tonight. There's no 9 games on the road, no good opponent being faced, can't use injuries when they're missing pretty much every one of their best players. Obviously want the two points but at least I can enjoy some popcorn and sit back and watch this place freak the **** out if we lose tonight :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Switch Stempniak and Zuccarello, play Miller, sit Glass. For god's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad