GDT: #5 - 10/12/13 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Oh Jesus, the Blues are going to rip them to pieces, chew them up, spit them out, and take a big **** on top of them.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
We root for the Rangers.Period.Full Stop.

Good,Bad or Bloody Stinking Awful.

No predictions, I want to see an actual sixty minutes of Hockey played by the Rangers.

Let's go Rangers!

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A NORMAL PUCK DROP TIME :scared:

Finally! :laugh:

Still giving this team 'til the end of November to turn their **** around and really get used to playing under AV's system. Would love nothing more to not wait until December for that to happen though :laugh:

Hope the team steps up in front of Marty tonight. St. Louis is one of our more tough opponents on this road trip, and minus Nash, a lot of other guys are going to have to step up.

LGR.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Hahahaha oh Mayn that 2nd line. I actually like Boyle but this is becoming a bit of an absurdity.. he's not a 2nd line center.

But nothing has worked well so far so I guess why not.. Maybe Steph finds his game tonight. I'm afraid to watch :(

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
I recently got interested in hockey. I come from Europe, where Football (Soccer) is a highly popular sport.

What surprises me about reading this board for the past ~2 years is the crazy cynicism and bad attitude towards your team. If something goes wrong, it's always some huge problem where everyone's at fault and no one is good enough to play for "your" team.

The way some of you guys talk about the Rangers looks to me like you somehow feel like the players owe you something.. Most of you seem to think you know exactly what's wrong and whose fault it is, and you're not shy to go about insulting every player and coach you feel doesn't live up to your expectations, like you're entitled to be a condescending jerk because it's, again, "your team".

Take the game day threads for example. If there's a goal against, it's never "Oh shucks, I guess we could have played that better". It's always: "OH MY GOD, ****ING DEL ZOTTO DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE ON THIS TEAM." "Why is Pyatt on this team? He's like _the_ worst player in the NHL" (read that in a young teenage girl voice).

Not to mention this GDT. Everyone "assumes" the rangers are going to lose. Everyone just "OH **** WE GUN LOSE, LET'S NOT WATCH".... Imagine if the players were actually reading this board. That would sure fill them with confidence that their fans got their backs...

Just get over it. Be supportive. Again, if the players were reading these boards,they wouldn't be inspired to play better. They'd be more inclined to get pissed off because they get very little support in here. It's your team. You shouldn't be proud of them only when they are playing well. They represent your city, your childhood or your identity - whatever it was that made you become fans in the first place. In European football, there are thousands of thousands of fans that turn up to the fourth division teams matches, not because they are good or even have a chance in hell of winning any major tournaments. They show up because it doesn't matter if their team loses 9-0 or gets relegated to playing in the worst league in the entire world. It's still their team and they are proud of it.

So be proud. Stop acting like the rangers owe you a perfect start to the season. Be patient. You can be upset, sure, but when you're only upset you're not a fan. You're a pissy little kid who needs to go take a time out.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I recently got interested in hockey. I come from Europe, where Football (Soccer) is a highly popular sport.

What surprises me about reading this board for the past ~2 years is the crazy cynicism and bad attitude towards your team. If something goes wrong, it's always some huge problem where everyone's at fault and no one is good enough to play for "your" team.

The way some of you guys talk about the Rangers looks to me like you somehow feel like the players owe you something.. Most of you seem to think you know exactly what's wrong and whose fault it is, and you're not shy to go about insulting every player and coach you feel doesn't live up to your expectations, like you're entitled to be a condescending jerk because it's, again, "your team".

Take the game day threads for example. If there's a goal against, it's never "Oh shucks, I guess we could have played that better". It's always: "OH MY GOD, ****ING DEL ZOTTO DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE ON THIS TEAM." "Why is Pyatt on this team? He's like _the_ worst player in the NHL" (read that in a young teenage girl voice).

Not to mention this GDT. Everyone "assumes" the rangers are going to lose. Everyone just "OH **** WE GUN LOSE, LET'S NOT WATCH".... Imagine if the players were actually reading this board. That would sure fill them with confidence that their fans got their backs...

Just get over it. Be supportive. Again, if the players were reading these boards,they wouldn't be inspired to play better. They'd be more inclined to get pissed off because they get very little support in here. It's your team. You shouldn't be proud of them only when they are playing well. They represent your city, your childhood or your identity - whatever it was that made you become fans in the first place. In European football, there are thousands of thousands of fans that turn up to the fourth division teams matches, not because they are good or even have a chance in hell of winning any major tournaments. They show up because it doesn't matter if their team loses 9-0 or gets relegated to playing in the worst league in the entire world. It's still their team and they are proud of it.

So be proud. Stop acting like the rangers owe you a perfect start to the season. Be patient. You can be upset, sure, but when you're only upset you're not a fan. You're a pissy little kid who needs to go take a time out.

How's the weather up there on your high horse?

Seriously, this is a NYR hockey board. People on here spend alot of time following our prospects, roster transactions, FA signings, salary cap, etc. With that much time and energy poured into this, passions are bound to boil over when the team isn't doing well. And when they do, NYers are the last people in the world that are going to hold back. We still love our team, but we're emotional creatures, not robots. After 9-2 and 6-0 back to back losses, there are going to be comments, mostly made in jest and commiseration, about trading half the team and firing AV/Slats. The only one any of us are actually serious about is firing Slats...

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Thank you.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm predicting a loss, but a loss in a great game, that'll give the team and you ****ers some confidence

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT

Seriously, this is a NYR hockey board. People on here spend alot of time following our prospects, roster transactions, FA signings, salary cap, etc. With that much time and energy poured into this, passions are bound to boil over when the team isn't doing well. And when they do, NYers are the last people in the world that are going to hold back. We still love our team, but we're emotional creatures, not robots. After 9-2 and 6-0 back to back losses, there are going to be comments, mostly made in jest and commiseration, about trading half the team and firing AV/Slats. The only one any of us are actually serious about is firing Slats...

This is perfectly said, thank you. If you are that shocked by the things people say on this board then I wouldn't recommend going to MSG to see a game. The things I've heard people say.... Anyway, the things you are talking about are said in frustration.

ret513

Oct 22, 2008

:laugh: like..OMG..Becky's not even hot..and the Rangers are so gonna lose this one.

Seriously, for now just play..no thinking, no coaching, just go out and play tonight. Listen to coach and review tapes tomorrow. Didn't Torts just let them play first night with new players and they scored big time?.. Just play hockey and have fun..LGR!!

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Frustration is one thing, what goes on here is madness.

You're not being completely honest with yourself if this is what you really think. It holds true for normal people, but there is a lot of irrational hatred that goes on around here which is what I think he was talking about.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
We root for the Rangers.Period.Full Stop.

Good,Bad or Bloody Stinking Awful.

No predictions, I want to see an actual sixty minutes of Hockey played by the Rangers.

Let's go Rangers!

Cheers to that man.

'til death do us part ladies and gentlemen!

LGR! I'll be in New York at a sports bar for this one. Misery loves company. :D

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Just take a look at STL's lineup. Talk about balance. Four highly capable lines.

I'm expecting a slaughter unless the guys somehow manage to play hockey again.

Sincerely, I think they have one of the best constructed teams in the NHL right now. I really like them for the West SCF.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Frustration is one thing, what goes on here is madness.

You're not being completely honest with yourself if this is what you really think. It holds true for normal people, but there is a lot of irrational hatred that goes on around here which is what I think he was talking about.

With the exception of 3 or 4 posters that never seem to have anything good to say about the team, yes, I do believe that it's just passion and frustration boiling over. 99% of the negative comments aren't anything worse than what I yell at my TV when we blow a coverage or have a horrible giveaway. Some people just choose to put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, if you will.

Hell, I find most of it hilarious.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Hey maybe one thing you guys are forgetting over there in Europe, is ultimately you are the one paying the salaries of the team you route for. So as a consumer you have every right to be mad, and vent your frustrations if players and management aren't living up to expectations.

Oh, and don't soccer fans riot? ;)

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Hey maybe one thing you guys are forgetting over there in Europe, is ultimately you are the one paying the salaries of the team you route for. So as a consumer you have every right to be mad, and vent your frustrations if players and management aren't living up to expectations.

A European soccer fan telling us we overreact when it comes to our sports team. Now I've seen everything.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012

We *****. We also have followed this franchise/team for years. Watching every game and every stupid decision made by management over the years.

No matter what people say, most of them are always here. Watching and supporting at puck drop

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
achievable goal for the rangers, for the next 6 or 7 games... just beat the tar out of every opponent. cheap shots, fights, nasty madness... turn every game into mayhem. maybe they'll at least start to build some comraderie and toughness. seems like this team is all only-children.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013

Well, most of the money in soccer are from sponsorships and advertisement. Ticket prices are only a small part of a clubs revenue. This is mostly true for big clubs though, but no organized team can survive without sponsorships.

And football riots are almost never about the performance of a team. It's almost always political or feud-based.

My point with the post is that there is too much negativity. I understand you're passionate about the team, but when 90% of the things being said is about how terrible someone is, or how you hate everything about the team, that's counter-productive. I figured the perspective of someone from outside the usual sphere of hockey and your usual conversational partners would be enlightening. If you came to f.example a Chelsea bar in the UK and the first thing you said when they lost 4-0 is "What the hell is he doing on the team!? We are going to lose the next game! OMG just fire the coach!", you'd have a better chance of getting your face punched than anything.

If you were at the stadium the hour before the game tonight, what would you be thinking? "Meh, we're gonna lose." and just shout against your team the entire night? The attitude I see here can only happen here. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be very popular at MSG if you could only talk about how terrible the team is the entire game.

If you're only here to complain, just don't watch the game. Go do something else if you're only able to support your team when they are doing well. Coming on an internet forum just to talk about how terrible someone is will just make your life miserable. Your team might not be good, but a true fan should act like a coach in the locker room between periods.

Yes, you can be angry. Yes you can blame single players, but when you create an atmosphere of hatred and negativity, you're just tooting your own horn, not doing anything to help the team or show that you care. You just look like an angry entitled brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad