GDT: #5 - 10/12/13 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
St. Louis is awesome but you'll probably all be LOLing at the WCF/SCF predictions come playoffs. This team has 40 years of playoff failures in it's belt. It's pretty depressing, actually, sounds like the Rangers but at least they had 1st place seasons in the 2000s. :laugh:
Yeah even St Louis fans seem to expect a first round exit like 99% of the time

Last years Rangers vs Blues cup final was awesome! ;)

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
What I wish for this game is less play around the boards.
I mean, the team isn't built for board play during an entire game. They move the puck up the boards, and then dump the puck... Play the puck in the neutral zone and establish play in the St. Louis zone. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP GIVING THE PUCK AWAY. Half our goals this season has been when a pass goes on an opponents stick, but happens to go in :P

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
A soccer fan from Europe telling hockey fans in America how to act....lol. Maybe we should start heckling players, start riots, and chant all game.

Like Habs? :)

Oh and the heckling already occurs, and I quite enjoy the chanting all game idea. Can you imagine the suits in the garden going at it with 3 hours of straight singing? Would love to see that

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
2-1 Rangers, goals from Fast and Richards.
This team should play better defense in front of Biron.. but who knows with what we've seen thus far.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Looking like Mt Internet will be out for a while. Does buffalo wild wings usually show hockey?
Which country is Mt. Internet in?

Usually you can expect hockey in BWW, if not just ask a waiter/waitress to change one of the tvs and they will

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
seriously considering waking up at 2 in the morning for this game...not sure why though...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I'll go out on a limb and say that since I'm watching this entire game we should be ok. The last two games I came in late and completely missed the first or second period, which is uncharacteristic of me. Both times I came home the Rangers were getting hammered. So maybe that I'm watching tonight they won't lose by 6 or 7 goals.

#superstitious #stayingpositive

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Looking like Mt Internet will be out for a while. Does buffalo wild wings usually show hockey?

If you go to one in the NY market yes. We went to one last year late in the season and they put it on for us, on several T.V.s

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
If we are gonna dress both Dorsett and Asham then make that line start the game and lets get some energy going. Unfortunately they will probably just end up taking an early, stupid penalty trying to do so. Why can't we have more efficient players in these roles? Who is gonna get the blood pumping and set a tone or even better respond with force when called for?

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Dorsett has been pretty disappointing so far. He tries to turn things around when the game's already over... Haven't really been a physical player either.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Dorsett has been pretty disappointing so far. He tries to turn things around when the game's already over... Haven't really been a physical player either.

Nobody on this team is really proactive in the physicality and toughness department. Sometimes there isn't even someone who is reactionary and when they do react it's either too late or not enough of a response. We need to fix this!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nobody on this team is really proactive in the physicality and toughness department. Sometimes there isn't even someone who is reactionary or if they do it's to late or not enough of a response. We need to fix this!

So far, no ones been proactive in any department. I'm not sure id hone in on that.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
So far, no ones been proactive in any department. I'm not sure id hone in on that.

I honed in on it because the topic of discussion at the time was Asham and Dorsett and how ineffective they have been in their roles. Is it the only problem with this team? No, of course not, but coming off 2 games like we just played I would like to see someone take charge, set a tone with a big hit or a good, honest fight instead of taking stupid penalties or tucking tail when its time to nut up! Is that too much to ask?

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
It's pretty simple. If we injure all our opponents, they can't beat us

That's taking it to the extreme don't ya think? Instead lets just keep icing a lineup full of guys who don't hit, don't intimidate and who can't swing momentum our way. Great idea, in fact you can tune in tonight to see exactly that, ENJOY!

I'm not talking about icing a goon squad I'm talking about playing hockey, you know, the sport this team plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad