vs
(1-3-0) _____________ (3-0-0)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET ARENA | SCOTTRADE CENTER - ST. LOUIS, MO TV | MSG, FS-MW

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@STL 12/15/11 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Blues.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

v1ws.png

OCTOBER SCHEDULE:

lf19.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It's just an awful feeling out there right now. We are just not getting it done, and I don't have an explanation for it.
We're just so far from where we need to be.
- Henrik Lundqvist

Our puck management is not very good. We're just giving pucks away, not putting the puck down by their hash marks, making them go down and get it.
We are making life too easy for the other teams.
- Dan Girardi

I thought tonight, our guys tried, but we’re not playing very well right now.
We’re not making the right plays. It was the same outcome but two different levels of competing in my opinion.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ST. LOUIS BLUES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 3 | GF | 14
W | 3 | GA | 4
L | 0 | GF/G | 4.67
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 1.33
Pts | 6 | PIM/G | 25.3
HOME | 3-0-0 | PP% | 40.0
AWAY | 0-0-0 | PK% | 84.6
STREAK | W3 | FO% | 53.6

Division | 2nd
Conference | 3rd
League | 4th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Alex Steen | 3 Assists | Alex Pietrangelo | 5 Points | Alex Pietrangelo | 5 + / - | Jaden Schwartz | +4 Shots | Alex Steen | 11 Hits | Ryan Reaves | 10 Blocks | Roman Polak | 11 PIM | Chris Stewart | 17 FO% | Patrik Berglund | 57.7 TOI/G F: | T.J. Oshie | 18:38 TOI/G D: | Alex Pietrangelo | 24:29

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Alex Steen | David Backes (C) | T.J. Oshie (A)
Jaden Schwartz | Patrik Berglund | Vladimir Tarasenko
Brenden Morrow | Derek Roy | Chris Stewart
Vladimir Sobotka | Maxim Lapierre | Ryan Reaves

LD | RD
Jay Bouwmeester | Alex Pietrangelo
Jordan Leopold | Kevin Shattenkirk
Barret Jackman (A) | Roman Polak

Scratched
Adam Cracknell|
Magnus Paajarvi|
Ian Cole|

STARTING GOALIE:

HalakJaroslav.png

Jaroslav Halak

GPI: 3 | W: 3 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .948 | GAA: 1.33 | SO: 1 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

NONE|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 4 | GF | 6
W | 1 | GA | 20
L | 3 | GF/G | 1.50
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 5.00
Pts | 2 | PIM/G | 17.2
HOME | 0-0-0 | PP% | 16.7
AWAY | 1-3-0 | PK% | 78.6
STREAK | L2 | FO% | 49.1

Division | 6th
Conference | 13th
League | 26th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brad Richards | 3 Assists | Nash, Stepan | 3 Points | Nash, Richards, Step | 3 + / - | Rick Nash | 0 Shots | Brian Boyle | 15 Hits | Boyle, Girardi | 12 Blocks | Ryan McDonagh | 11 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 26 FO% | Brian Boyle | 62.5 TOI/G F: | Brad Richards | 18:38 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 22:18

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Brad Richards (A) | Derick Brassard | Ryan Callahan (C)
Benoit Pouilot | Brian Boyle | Jesper Fast
Taylor Pyatt | Derek Stepan | Mats Zuccarello
Derek Dorsett | Dominic Moore | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Girardi
Anton Stralman | Ryan McDonagh
John Moore | Michael Del Zotto

Scratched
Justin Falk|

STARTING GOALIE:

BironMartin.png

Marty Biron

GPI: 1 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .762 | GAA: 9.68 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Rick Nash | Head (Out)
Carl Hagelin | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Just take a look at STL's lineup. Talk about balance. Four highly capable lines.

I'm expecting a slaughter unless the guys somehow manage to play hockey again.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Anyone know in advance whether I should watch the game or not?

You should know by now it won't be worth it. These are the Rangers we're talking about, not a team with resilience or mental fortitude.

On the other hand, if you like the Blues, check it out.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Being a fan means watching the team you support religiously when they're playing their absolute worst.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
STL GF 14 GA 6.

NYR GF 6 GA 20. If you take out the LAK game, it looks even worse.

There's really not much else to say...... but you know I will anyway.

This team is turning the puck over like I've never seen before. And it's not just one or two culprits, it's almost everyone.

Call me an apologist, but I really think we can almost write off this whole first month of the season, and here's why:
-The team has been on almost constant travel since the beginning of training camp
-Nash (shoulder/hamstring/groin concussion), Hagelin (IR), Stepan (rusty/not in game shape) and Callahan (rusty)
-Hank is traditionally a slow starter
-AV's new system

Now, that's not necessarily an excuse for just how awful the team is playing, but anyone can see that this team is mentally and physically gassed. In retrospect, I think it was an awful idea to do the Banff/Western Canada Training Camp/Preseason, given the fact that the team was already going to be on the road for the first month of the season due to MSG Renovations. I know Sather has ties over there and wanted to do something for the flood victims, but the team could have raised money from the NYC Metro Area.

These next couple games, all I want to see is improvement. I still fully expect the team to look tired, I just want them to look a little better mentally each game. If we make it out of this road trip 3-6 or better, I would count us very lucky.....

With that being said, I fully expect the Rangers to somehow come out and crush the blues 5-1. Nash's latest concussion awakened latent telepathic abilities. From the press box, he uses his powers to create a psionic barrier to seal Marty's five hole, then proceeds to slowly drain the life force of the entire blues bench to heal himself for a third period comeback, in which he scores all 5 goals.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
With that being said, I fully expect the Rangers to somehow come out and crush the blues 5-1. Nash's latest concussion awakened latent telepathic abilities. From the press box, he uses his powers to create a psionic barrier to seal Marty's five hole, then proceeds to slowly drain the life force of the entire blues bench to heal himself for a third period comeback, in which he scores all 5 goals.
lol, good one :D

Personally, regardless of end result (a win would of course be VERY welcome...) i hope that the Rangers has a good game, get on top of things, etc.. no more "running around like headless chickens in the defensive zone" :)

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
lol, good one :D

Personally, regardless of end result (a win would of course be VERY welcome...) i hope that the Rangers has a good game, get on top of things, etc.. no more "running around like headless chickens in the defensive zone" :)

Are you religious?
Is anyone here religious?
If you are I think you should say a few prayers.
We might need it.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
STL GF 14 GA 6.

NYR GF 6 GA 20. If you take out the LAK game, it looks even worse.

There's really not much else to say...... but you know I will anyway.

This team is turning the puck over like I've never seen before. And it's not just one or two culprits, it's almost everyone.

Call me an apologist, but I really think we can almost write off this whole first month of the season, and here's why:
-The team has been on almost constant travel since the beginning of training camp
-Nash (shoulder/hamstring/groin concussion), Hagelin (IR), Stepan (rusty/not in game shape) and Callahan (rusty)
-Hank is traditionally a slow starter
-AV's new system

Now, that's not necessarily an excuse for just how awful the team is playing, but anyone can see that this team is mentally and physically gassed. In retrospect, I think it was an awful idea to do the Banff/Western Canada Training Camp/Preseason, given the fact that the team was already going to be on the road for the first month of the season due to MSG Renovations. I know Sather has ties over there and wanted to do something for the flood victims, but the team could have raised money from the NYC Metro Area.

These next couple games, all I want to see is improvement. I still fully expect the team to look tired, I just want them to look a little better mentally each game. If we make it out of this road trip 3-6 or better, I would count us very lucky.....

Well spoken. Hope this is the truth. Several guys have to stand up and step up their game for Nash.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
It's hard to keep faith but hey, this is the way we've had it for years.

Gotta keep our heads up and keep playing those 60 minutes until we get things in order.

LGR :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad