GDT: #5 – Panthers at Sabres – Fri Oct 17, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I don't mind Mezaros on the PP. Benoit (balls), on the other hand, really ticks me off. You're telling me you'd rather have him out there over Ras-Moose? :skeptic:

If you were reffering to me, I think Ristolainen deserves the PP spot more than both Meszaros and Benoit. Just wanted to point out, that despite him playing absolutely horrendlously, his shot could be useful. Benoit has absolutely no bussiness being on the PP in my eyes.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
what he doesn't know, is that it's "Sabres speed". :sarcasm:

Is this a place for children to discuss the Sabres? If my point was too difficult to understand that the term I coined is the only thing you guys can take away from it then try substituting "Sabre Speed" with "below NHL level pace".

I don't really care if you all think Sam Reinhart is just about ready to step into the NHL, I don't think he is but I'd love to be wrong. I'd even love to get a reasonable argument presented to show what I am incorrect about. Having people try to elevate themselves by picking out a phrase I used and try to just ridicule the wording doesn't really do anything for me though. I guess if you guys can have some fun with it at least that is something.

I joined this board a while back looking for some intelligent discussion about the Sabres and hockey. In reality it's an echo chamber for people who want to point out how much 'hockey sense' they have and to argue over Ennis vs. Hodgson.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
On a half serious note, for me, as a Zemgus fanboy, the main worry is that Benwah and Meszaros will contribute to him being taken off the 2nd PP unit for a couple of months.

And, obviously, getting some top 6/PP ice time won't be as easy next year.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Is this a place for children to discuss the Sabres? If my point was too difficult to understand that the term I coined is the only thing you guys can take away from it then try substituting "Sabre Speed" with "below NHL level pace".

I don't really care if you all think Sam Reinhart is just about ready to step into the NHL, I don't think he is but I'd love to be wrong. I'd even love to get a reasonable argument presented to show what I am incorrect about. Having people try to elevate themselves by picking out a phrase I used and try to just ridicule the wording doesn't really do anything for me though. I guess if you guys can have some fun with it at least that is something.

I joined this board a while back looking for some intelligent discussion about the Sabres and hockey. In reality it's an echo chamber for people who want to point out how much 'hockey sense' they have and to argue over Ennis vs. Hodgson.

Lighten up, and you'll find both intelligent hockey debate and good humor here.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
If you were reffering to me, I think Ristolainen deserves the PP spot more than both Meszaros and Benoit. Just wanted to point out, that despite him playing absolutely horrendlously, his shot could be useful. Benoit has absolutely no bussiness being on the PP in my eyes.

While I was agreeing to your point on Mez, the comment about Benoit was more rhetorical / directed at our coaching staff not at you or anyone else on the boards. Sorry for the confusion.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
When the ******* are we going to see Zadorov in the lineup??
When the coaching staff realizes that certain d-man are bringing little to nothing to the teams performance. Could be quite a lengthy sit-out :laugh:

bluengold72

Jul 18, 2013
north tonawanda

this is intelligent

"Lighten up, and you'll find both intelligent hockey debate and good humor here."

this is funny
Jame's right again

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
On a half serious note, for me, as a Zemgus fanboy, the main worry is that Benwah and Meszaros will contribute to him being taken off the 2nd PP unit for a couple of months.

And, obviously, getting some top 6/PP ice time won't be as easy next year.

We're all Zemgus fanboys around here. If we took a vote on changing the team's name to Buffalo Zemgus, I think that motion would pass. ;)

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

I entirely get your interest in being here, and am "here" for much the same reason - some decent and "reasonable" discussion, if not also rational from time-to-time. And having peeked around other forums, notably team/NHL sponsored boards, I gotta say this is about the best it gets. And it ain't bad either!

Unlike the team/NHL sponsored boards, the average poster here doesn't dive straight into the personalized attacks of a twelve year old who gets all excited playing the role of an anonymous toughie. Heck, not even the mods here leap at an honest question with that I-know-it-all-and-aren't-you-stupid attitude drenching their responses. There is, for sure, far more common respect and polite banter around these parts. And the bonus is as another poster inserted above - there's even some humour to be found lingering.

All in, sorry you've had an adverse experience, but I hope you'll stick it out a while longer and continue to engage. I suspect you'll always find the Ennis vs Hodgson debate though, that's just the thing we hockey fans seem to do - compare players, or at least our sense of them. Oh, yeah, and bash the coach. When all else fails, it's the coach's fault :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad