GDT: #5 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 10 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I don't mind benching Grigs, mid game if you don't like his hustle and effort. But at least have him in the lineup here.

I'm almost to the point where I'm ****in praying for injuries to Rolstons dream duo of Flynn and Porter just so we can get solid ice time for the guys I want to see in Larsson and Grigorenko.

Wanna ***** about hustle and compete levels yet Stafford and Ennis are still fed big minutes while producing not a god damn thing.

I'm starting to hate Rolston already

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Question of the day: Does Zadorov play tonight?

My gut says no, as he would only play 1 game then be sent back to London.

We'll find out during the morning skate.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
A win, dare I say?
They'll be few and far between;
A scant G-B-U

3-2, Sabres.

Anisimov
Johansen

Vanek
Foligno
Larsson

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Question of the day: Does Zadorov play tonight?

My gut says no, as he would only play 1 game then be sent back to London.

We'll find out during the morning skate.

Who would he sub in for? Tough to sit McBain a game after he had a goal and an assist--and should've had two goals, but for a bad call. They won't bench Weber or Hoff. I just don't see a spot for him tonight.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Who would he sub in for? Tough to sit McBain a game after he had a goal and an assist--and should've had two goals, but for a bad call. They won't bench Weber or Hoff. I just don't see a spot for him tonight.

That's why I'm thinking he doesn't play. You can't sit McBain after the last game he had. Also, Sulzer would have to be sent down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't mind benching Grigs, mid game if you don't like his hustle and effort. But at least have him in the lineup here.

I'm almost to the point where I'm ****in praying for injuries to Rolstons dream duo of Flynn and Porter just so we can get solid ice time for the guys I want to see in Larsson and Grigorenko.

Wanna ***** about hustle and compete levels yet Stafford and Ennis are still fed big minutes while producing not a god damn thing.

I'm starting to hate Rolston already

Now playing in an auditorium near you.... "Ron Rolston, the Wrath of Ruff!"

It seems like the new boss is a lot like the old boss.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Grigs doesn't deserve to play. Enough of this nonsense that he is going to get better the more he is in there. He hasn't improved one bit since last year and he has been in plenty of games. The guy doesn't have drive, toughness or hustle. He isn't going to make it in the NHL, it is pretty obvious. The question now becomes how come with our so called improved scouting department, we didn't figure this out before the draft, yet 11 other teams did?!!?

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
Let the kids play, let them make their mistakes together and let them learn from it. No need to sit Grigorenko. Yes gift him a roster spot, gift him ice time. this whole "earning" ice time is stuff you do in juniors, but not in the big leagues.

sit Stafford or Ennis to send a message.

I disagree completely. Ice time, especially at this level, should be earned. Grigs coasts way too much. I seen him battle once against Tampa and that's it. Stafford had far more compete than Grigs, but is hated due to fan perception and prejudice.

Stafford made some errors but he was at least impressive on Tuesday. Grigs sitting is a good choice. Make him angry, get rid of any sense of entitlement.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I disagree completely. Ice time, especially at this level, should be earned. Grigs coasts way too much. I seen him battle once against Tampa and that's it. Stafford had far more compete than Grigs, but is hated due to fan perception and prejudice.

Stafford made some errors but he was at least impressive on Tuesday. Grigs sitting is a good choice. Make him angry, get rid of any sense of entitlement.

We're talking about kids that have been playing hockey their whole lifes, they had to work their way to even be drafted, why continue with this crap? He's a young kid, give him time with the top players we have, let's see what he can do with them, stop with the working your way up.

We need Grigorenko to pan out, we need him to be at his best, benching him and having to constantly look over your shoulder, won't lead to much.

I want the kids to grow together, but this benching and ****, isn't good for the Sabres future.

We're going to suck this year, spoon feed the minutes to the kids, let's see what their made off, work on the bad plays during practice, but let them play.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Based on today's practice lines: Grigorenko is scratched, Scott is playing, one of McCormick or Porter will be scratched and the other will center the 4th line. I don't see why McCormick would play for Porter when Scott's playing anyhow. I'm just glad to see Larsson will get a legit chance again, hopefully this time it lasts throughout the game.

Am I missing something? I dont see any indication of that at all. He filled in on the top line for Hodgson who was getting a maintenance day. The only comments from Rolston in the linked article suggest Grigs is improving.

Where is there any indication of him being scratched?

Edit: see the Vogl tweet now, although Buffalo News Hockey Dept is not something I usually rely on for factual Sabres info. I would like to know what he bases this information on. I dont care much if he is scratched, I just am typically skeptical of Buffalo News.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'd love to see a line featuring Foligno-Larsson-Girgensons. It's too bad that all three are lefties, and I'm not sure if any have significant experience playing RW. But I think that line would be tough to play against, and could be the makings of a solid shutdown line that can drive possession.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

for arguments sake... (risto has been playing fine)

You could let Risto watch a game, and move McBain to the right side, and bring in Zadarov for a game.

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006
Am I missing something? I dont see any indication of that at all. He filled in on the top line for Hodgson who was getting a maintenance day. The only comments from Rolston in the linked article suggest Grigs is improving.

Edit: see the Vogl tweet now, although Buffalo News Hockey Dept is not something I usually rely on for factual Sabres info. I would like to know what he bases this information on. I dont care much if he is scratched, I just am typically skeptical of Buffalo News.

The fact that he is not participating in line drills at this morning's practice.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY

The indication yesterday is that Grigs was filling in for Hodgson, who was on a maintenance day. Hodgson comes back and Grigs is scratched by default. Grigs would've been practicing with his linemates and not filling in for another player, if not scratched.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
He's 19 and you're already so certain of this?

He's not. He's just another poster who likes to make grand sweeping statements, not based in reality, and see who reacts to it. Obvious is obvious. Grigorenko will develop, and stay in the NHL. He's already improved from last season. It's not exactly easy to see improvement game to game (evidenced by certain comments game after game) but taking a month to month snapshot, or even a every other month snapshot, Grigorenko has improved. I didn't say ZOMG he's sooooooooo much better. I said ... Simply .... improved.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Vogl is pretty reliable

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I thought he was starting to show something a couple games ago, but hopefully his compete level will start to rise at some point.

Many people felt Larrson over Grigs was a given after preseason, I would like both in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad