GDT: #5 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 10 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-buf-vs-cbj-1.png
gdt-buf-vs-cbj-2.png

gdt-buf-vs-cbj-3.png
gdt-buf-vs-cbj-4.png

GDT #5: CBJ (1-1-0) at BUF (0-3-1) – THU OCT 10 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-BWGR-AMCHAT

10/09 – Disallowed goal leads to Sabres defeat (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

10/09 – Miller returns to practice (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

10/09 – CBJ practice notebook: Oct. 9 (Rob Mixer – BlueJackets.com)

10/09 – Game Preview: 10/10/13 vs Columbus (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

10/10 – Ennis ready to lead, confident he’ll start scoring (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

10/10 – Press Clips: 10/10/13 vs Columbus (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup
(10:30am morning skate at FNC)

26 Thomas Vanek ("C") – 19 Cody Hodgson – 9 Steve Ott ("A")
82 Marcus Foligno – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 65 Brian Flynn
8 Cody McCormick – 12 Kevin Porter – 36 Patrick Kaleta

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk
6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers
4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Johan Larsson, Cody McCormick and Alexander Sulzer were scratched in Tuesday's 3-2 OTL to Tampa Bay. Nikita
Zadorov (finger) returned to practice yesterday, while Henrik Tallinder (UBI) could be back for Saturday's game.
Joel Armia (hand), Ville Leino (rib) and Corey Tropp (jaw) remain out, while joining Sulzer in the press box are
Mikhail Grigorenko and John Scott.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled Matt Hackett and Alexander Sulzer from Rochester/AHL on Saturday, placing Ville Leino (rib) on
injured reserve to create the roster spot for Sulzer; Hackett was returned to Rochester/AHL on Monday. They also
activated Marcus Foligno (UBI) from injured reserve on Tuesday and placed Henrik Tallinder (UBI) on injured
reserve.

According to the Stats

Buffalo are 5-8-1 all-time versus Columbus and 4-4-0 at home.​
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Projected Lineup

13 Cam Atkinson – 17 Brandon Dubinsky ("A") – 10 Marian Gaborik
11 Matt Calvert – 42 Artem Anisimov – 14 Blake Comeau
71 Nick Foligno – 19 Ryan Johansen – 18 RJ Umberger
24 Derek MacKenzie – 55 Mark Letestu ("A") – 40 Jared Boll ("A")

7 Jack Johnson ("A") – 47 Dalton Prout
27 Ryan Murray – 21 James Wisniewski
6 Nikita Nikitin – 58 David Savard

72 Sergei Bobrovsky
31 Curtis McElhinney

Lineup News & Notes

Tim Erixon, Boone Jenner and Fedor Tyutin (LBI) are projected scratches, while Cody Bass (hand) and Nathan
Horton (shoulder) remain out indefinitely.

Weekly Transactions

None.

According to the Stats

Columbus are 8-5-1 all-time versus Buffalo; 4-4-0 at Buffalo.​

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

10/05 – Highlights of Columbus' 3-2 shootout win over the NYI. <4:38>

10/08 – Highlights of Buffalo's 3-2 OTL to Tampa Bay. <4:32>

10/08 – Buffalo's Ron Rolston addresses the media following Tuesday's OTL to Tampa Bay. <3:32>

10/09 – Columbus' Todd Richards speaks with the media following practice on Wednesday. <3:29>

10/09 – Columbus' Marian Gaborik speaks with the media following practice on Wednesday. <1:14>

10/09 – Buffalo's Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following practice on Wednesday. <2:58>

10/09 – Buffalo's Ryan Miller speaks with the media following practice on Wednesday. <5:20>

10/09 – Buffalo's Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following practice on Wednesday. <2:57>

10/10 – Buffalo's Ron Rolston addresses the media following Thursday's morning skate. <3:34>

LAST H2H GAME

11/25/2011 – Buffalo 1 at Columbus 5.

[NHL]2011020321-X-h[/NHL]​

Last edited:

Lassa

Apr 16, 2013
Finally! Girgs with Larsson. :handclap:

I really want this to happen, Girgs on Larssons wing is when things really started to happen, both in Roch and Traverse!

I am not so sure it will happen (yet) though. Is Grigs really sitting? McCormick and Scott?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I really want this to happen, Girgs on Larssons wing is when things really started to happen, both in Roch and Traverse!

I am not so sure it will happen (yet) though. Is Grigs really sitting? McCormick and Scott?

Based on today's practice lines: Grigorenko is scratched, Scott is playing, one of McCormick or Porter will be scratched and the other will center the 4th line. I don't see why McCormick would play for Porter when Scott's playing anyhow. I'm just glad to see Larsson will get a legit chance again, hopefully this time it lasts throughout the game.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Based on today's practice lines: Grigorenko is scratched, Scott is playing, one of McCormick or Porter will be scratched and the other will center the 4th line. I don't see why McCormick would play for Porter when Scott's playing anyhow. I'm just glad to see Larsson will get a legit chance again, hopefully this time it lasts throughout the game.

AnOther idiotic, inexplicably stupid, dumb, nonsensical, aggravating, illogical roster decision. How has Porter played his way into the press box?

WHAT IS HAPPENING???

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Are we at the point yet where opponents know we are an easy schedule break and start their backup goalie?

If CMac plays, change the loss to 4-1.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
I would try these lines
Girg/Folingo-Coho-Vanek
Ennis-Grig-girg/Foligno
Ott-Larsson-Flynn-shutdown
stafford-Porter-kaleta

That's the best lineup we can put out right now

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Grig scratched? I thought he's been playing decent..... I don't get it

"Kumpeet levul. Priteckt thuh puck. Play hahcki hahrrd... Lowur bhati. Itsuh prahsus (sips abnormally small bottle of Dasani loudly)"

Did he even take a sip? Did he sip it? Is he even thirsty? Or is that a nervous tick?

That's my phonetic RonRol impresh, btw.

Lassa

Apr 16, 2013

So how do I know that Larsson is not just holding Grigorenkos spot while Grigorenko fills in for Hodgson on the first line? How much can really be read from the training lines on an off-day? I am new to all this hockey kremlinology, please help me!

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Win. 5-4

Hodgson will go 1/19 at faceoffs, be a -3 and get credit for a goal Vanek bounces off his leg.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So how do I know that Larsson is not just holding Grigorenkos spot while Grigorenko fills in for Hodgson on the first line? How much can really be read from the training lines on an off-day? I am new to all this hockey kremlinology, please help me!

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres...-this-weekend-grigorenko-may-sit.html?ref=bmh

The coach also has a decision to make regarding center Mikhail Grigorenko. The 19-year-old started on the third line during Tuesday's 3-2 overtime loss but soon was benched and skated just 8:07.

Rookie Johan Larsson took Grigorenko's spot today in the middle of wingers Zemgus Girgensons and Brian Flynn. Grigorenko filled in for absent center Cody Hodgson alongside Steve Ott and Thomas Vanek, but Hodgson (maintenance day) will play Thursday, which would leave Grigorenko out of the lineup if the forwards stay the same.

"We’re in a tough situation where we go back to just putting people in the right situations, and the matchup wasn’t good," Rolston said of the benching before moving on to Grigorenko's competitiveness. "It’s getting there, but it needs to continue to improve. That’s that last hurdle for him. That’s something that he’s going to work on."

mcove

Aug 11, 2013
Grigorenko's two best games in the pre-season were against Columbus.
Yeah, scratch him!

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Let the kids play, let them make their mistakes together and let them learn from it. No need to sit Grigorenko. Yes gift him a roster spot, gift him ice time. this whole "earning" ice time is stuff you do in juniors, but not in the big leagues.

sit Stafford or Ennis to send a message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->