Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He reminds me A LOT of Drew Doughty.

Just the way he plays with that chip on his shoulder all the time. And even in those two clips just then you can see it. He isn't a dirty player, but he's also going to be one of those guys who will make sure to get an extra shot in on a guy after he knocks him down as well. Very similar to Doughty in that regard.

Obviously he has a lot of developing that would need to happen for him to reach Doughty's level, but I do think he has that kind of upside and especially if he can work on reigning in that arrogance he has just enough at the NHL level to allow him to really succeed, he definitely has the makings of a fantastic player.

Duncan Keith is another one who has that arrogance/subtle dirty ability in his game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He reminds me A LOT of Drew Doughty.

Just the way he plays with that chip on his shoulder all the time. And even in those two clips just then you can see it. He isn't a dirty player, but he's also going to be one of those guys who will make sure to get an extra shot in on a guy after he knocks him down as well. Very similar to Doughty in that regard.

Obviously he has a lot of developing that would need to happen for him to reach Doughty's level, but I do think he has that kind of upside and especially if he can work on reigning in that arrogance he has just enough at the NHL level to allow him to really succeed, he definitely has the makings of a fantastic player.

Duncan Keith is another one who has that arrogance/subtle dirty ability in his game.

I would love a 2D version of Doughty.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He been playing very well this year, but the Giants as a whole are massively underperforming, especially offensively. Bowen masked a lot of scoring deficiencies last season with his historic goal scoring season, but this year his goals dried up and they are struggling mighty to produce.

I feel a lot of people - including myself - overrated their forward corps quite a lot.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just a normal hockey uniform. Nothing to see here.

T3WOjys.jpg

I need a 'dislike as much as I've ever disliked anything in my life' button. I would just give up on my hockey career if I was ever asked to wear something like this.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I need a 'dislike as much as I've ever disliked anything in my life' button. I would just give up on my hockey career if I was ever asked to wear something like this.
I don't see a problem with it. It's not like they are their new everyday sets. It's fun for the fans ans especially the kids. I showed them to my wife and my daughter this morning and they absolutely loved them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't see a problem with it. It's not like they are their new everyday sets. It's fun for the fans ans especially the kids. I showed them to my wife and my daughter this morning and they absolutely loved them.

We can add it to the list of outfits women and children like, that I'd never wear. :laugh:

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I lol'd at the quote in the tweet. Byram is always so humble :sarcasm:

Hope he has a big tournament.

Yeah... He'll never be one of my favorites due to his arrogance but if he can become a solid partner for Makar, well, hopefully the two opposite like personalities will create magic.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I bet if you asked Makar about his skating, he would say "Yeah, it's pretty good I guess" and then look embarrassed.

Different personalities for sure. But nothing there is arrogant. It's being honest. Makar downplays his talent quite a bit, and is a great kid. But I do like a guy who doesn't use fake modesty when asked about his ability.

PS

Not saying Makar does the whole "fake modesty" bit, as he is just a shy kid.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Different personalities for sure. But nothing there is arrogant. It's being honest. Makar downplays his talent quite a bit, and is a great kid. But I do like a guy who doesn't use fake modesty when asked about his ability.

PS

Not saying Makar does the whole "fake modesty" bit, as he is just a shy kid.
Ala LeBron James;)

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah... He'll never be one of my favorites due to his arrogance but if he can become a solid partner for Makar, well, hopefully the two opposite like personalities will create magic.

Arrogance?

BB seems confident and highly intelligent. Excellent physical skills with a strong IQ could make him a very good player.

Reactions: Avs_19 and klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad