Prospect Info: 4th Overall, Bowen Byram, Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Can't wait to replace every movement Cole makes with Byram. No more useless shots from LD. No more boneheaded penalties. No more bad passes. And I love Ian Cole as a guy and a warrior, he just costs this team too much.

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Can't wait to replace every movement Cole makes with Byram. No more useless shots from LD. No more boneheaded penalties. No more bad passes. And I love Ian Cole as a guy and a warrior, he just costs this team too much.

Yeah, you really shouldn't be expecting less boneheaded penalties from Byram than Cole.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought that went to slow mo for a second there he slowed down so much. Nice patience and he used it to pick the right option, after he drew the defenseman towards him.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
God damn right.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The WJCs will really be the test for Byram’s progress after the historic 17 y/o season. Hopefully he gets good playing time

Byram, Ty Smith, and Noah Dobson will anchor most of the load for Canada. He will get lots of playing time, might be 1D after a few games.

Reactions: Nihiliste

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Byram, Ty Smith, and Noah Dobson will anchor most of the load for Canada. He will get lots of playing time, might be 1D after a few games.

Smith and Dobson for sure... I don't think people should expect it from Byram though. McIsaac and Smith will likely be the top 4 left defensemen. Dobson and JBD will get the RD top 4. Byram is going to be competing with Bahl and Harley for the bottom paring left side. Addison probably has the right side locked up. Now I think Byram will make the team, but him being more than a bottom pairing guy to start will be very tough. If he does get that role, it should be looked at at a huge positive.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Smith and Dobson for sure... I don't think people should expect it from Byram though. McIsaac and Smith will likely be the top 4 left defensemen. Dobson and JBD will get the RD top 4. Byram is going to be competing with Bahl and Harley for the bottom paring left side. Addison probably has the right side locked up. Now I think Byram will make the team, but him being more than a bottom pairing guy to start will be very tough. If he does get that role, it should be looked at at a huge positive.
Is Harley that guy Dallas drafted? HE looked damn impressive in that pre season game. Byram got some stiff comp if that's who I think it is.

Reactions: ibengals

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Harley that guy Dallas drafted? HE looked damn impressive in that pre season game. Byram got some stiff comp if that's who I think it is.
Yeah and he's been every bit that good in the OHL. I simply can't see Byram not making the team, but I can see Harley getting the first crack at the lineup. Harley has to beat out Bahl for his roster spot though... that is probably the biggest battle on defense.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

McKenzie: "If Bowen Byram's not a lock then he's an immense front runner."

They have him penciled in on the bottom pair behind Smith and McIsaac at LD in that video. Bernard-Docker is the fourth D they consider a lock/front runner.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Isn't Dobson injured? If Canada is relying on Smith on the first-pairing, that's asking for trouble. Though I think their overall defensive unit should be solid.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
tenor.gif

Reactions: LTC Pain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad