OT: 49th Obsequious Banter Thread: Better Laught Than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I made the title Laughton-based for now. Can't believe that anyone (other than DFF and FlyerFan4Life) would want a Leighton-based title.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
OT: 49th Obsequious Banter Thread:

• Parallel Purposes
  • ParaLOL
  • Two Minutes for Bordering

• Failure at the Speed of Leight
  • The Unbearable Leightness of Goaling
  • Kane and Unable – The Story of Michael Leighton

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Well, might as well throw out a topic before heading off to bed.

If you were to spend a day watching cartoons again, what one would you choose to marathon watch?

I like this question. I'd pick Dragon ball Z just because I could always watch that show and still be genuinely interested.

But I have a soft spot for 90's nickelodeon since I grew up with shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats (two shows I'd also wouldn't mind watching).

Flyguy, I saw you liked Brace and Marks in the afternoon, I agree, I thought they were a good duo. Ashame Brace is gone. Also Baldy and Marks were really good to listen to after every Eagles games, especially on a Monday.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
No. I was only really into DBZ in 4th and 5th grade. It was during the Cell and Buu Saga.

I'd say give it a try. It adds a much needed sense of humor and cuts out a lot of the fat/time wasting elements of the series.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like this question. I'd pick Dragon ball Z just because I could always watch that show and still be genuinely interested.

But I have a soft spot for 90's nickelodeon since I grew up with shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats (two shows I'd also wouldn't mind watching).

Flyguy, I saw you liked Brace and Marks in the afternoon, I agree, I thought they were a good duo. Ashame Brace is gone. Also Baldy and Marks were really good to listen to after every Eagles games, especially on a Monday.

Yeah. Big fan of Baldy.

Cartoons? Big fan of Doug and Hey Arnold right before I moved on to sportscenter. I was brainwashed by Nickelodeon as a kid though. I was never much of a Cartoon Network or Disney guy. What about Ren & Stimpy? That show was so dumb it was hilarious.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rocko's Moder Life too. Underrated.

What about 90s game shows?
Double Dare
Guts
What Would You Do?
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Wild and Crazy Kids

**** you remember all the slime craze back then? Kids these days really missed out.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Double Dare
Guts
What Would You Do?
Wild and Crazy Kids

**** you remember all the slime craze back then? Kids these days really missed out.

SilverSnakes4Lyfe.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Rocko's Moder Life too. Underrated.

Double Dare
Guts
What Would You Do?
Wild and Crazy Kids

Haha, damn you're making me feel bad forgetting to mention Rocko's Modern life and other great ones like Doug and Angry Beavers.

I remember as a kid, I always wanted to be on one of those game shows, especially Double dare. The slime was the best part haha.

They really don't make them like they used to.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I would've **** my pants during Legends of the Hidden Temple if a Mayan temple guard came out and grabbed me during the end.

Also, the monkey was three ****ing pieces yet the kids all acted like they were building a ****ing rocket ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad