Injury Report: TDA

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If he is hurt it may be a blessing in disguise against the rangers. He melted down hard last time they met in the playoffs and maybe I’m overthinking it but the history and the drama and all is probably a factor in that. I trust him less against the rangers than against any other team but of course I would love for him to prove me wrong

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Okay, so I'm not the only one wondering.

Nothing was said about the Canes being a defensemen down last night during the game.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
My guess is a heavily sheltered Coghlan.

Let’s hope one of the two heals quickly. They really did need to add one more d vet.
Agreed. The cost of getting a decent #6 UFA to be from a basement team couldn't have been more than a 3rd, at worst. As much as I crap on DeAngelo's defensive game, he's an NHL player. It's asking a TON for a guy to step up from college and play defense. I'd 100x rather have a rookie forward than a rookie D join my team for the playoffs. Unfortunately Ty Smith got hurt too, so we have had 3 unforeseen injuries on defense which for sure will test us.

No way Rod will dress 5D for a game. I'd probably play Morrow over Coughlan but both are bad options. Either way that D will probably play 10 minutes or less, and the other 5 guys will have to double shift and take about 24 minutes a game. Doable in the short term.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
#6 D across the league aren't any better than Coghlan. I don't have an issue without adding more D, we have/had great depth on D. Both Pesce and now TDA getting hurt is pretty rotten luck. Also we aren't even sure either are going to miss any games this series. Probably, but it could be 5-6 days before game 1 and we don't really know anything about their timelines.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
#6 D across the league aren't any better than Coghlan. I don't have an issue without adding more D, we have/had great depth on D. Both Pesce and now TDA getting hurt is pretty rotten luck. Also we aren't even sure either are going to miss any games this series. Probably, but it could be 5-6 days before game 1 and we don't really know anything about their timelines.
I disagree about 6d across the league being Coglan. You could have slower, less effective offensively guys who play solid defense that are more valuable in this situation. I agree we don’t know that some time off won’t bring back one of the regulars.

Morrow is a worse choice imo, this isn’t where you want the kid to have to learn how to play defense.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If TDA is out, I could see Roddy get funky and rotate Slavin, Burns, and Chatty all playing with Skjei over the course of a game in spurts.

Reactions: Chrispy

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I disagree about 6d across the league being Coglan. You could have slower, less effective offensively guys who play solid defense that are more valuable in this situation. I agree we don’t know that some time off won’t bring back one of the regulars.

Morrow is a worse choice imo, this isn’t where you want the kid to have to learn how to play defense.
idk man we had guys like that in Smith, Cole, Edmundson, pretty much all of them to me were ultimately liabilities in the playoffs. I think when it comes to those bottom pair D where they have sizeable weaknesses, it's really on coaching to mitigate the effects of those weaknesses. Whether it's the 3 I mentioned or Coghlan or whoever else. I really wanted McCabe last year but I didn't see any options this year that stood out as being great choices to try to shore up the D. Certainly none better than TDA as the 7 and having 2 D get hurt just was never very likely or something we needed a better contingency plan for than Coghlan/Morrow.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

idk man we had guys like that in Smith, Cole, Edmundson, pretty much all of them to me were ultimately liabilities in the playoffs. I think when it comes to those bottom pair D where they have sizeable weaknesses, it's really on coaching to mitigate the effects of those weaknesses. Whether it's the 3 I mentioned or Coghlan or whoever else. I really wanted McCabe last year but I didn't see any options this year that stood out as being great choices to try to shore up the D. Certainly none better than TDA as the 7 and having 2 D get hurt just was never very likely or something we needed a better contingency plan for than Coghlan/Morrow.
At the same time, if we're talking about needing someone to step in and play defense, it would be really difficult for anyone to be worse than TDA. Yes, he provides an offensive spark, but every time he was on the ice the last couple games it was asshole clenched, because the Isles tended to pin us back in our own zone and it was usually due to a mistake of his. If we're concerned about keeping the puck away from the net against NYR, its not like TDA was at all a good option. Coghlan might not be a very good NHL defenseman, but if he's even replacement level in the defensive zone, its a better fit against NYR than TDA.

Reactions: wgknestrick

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
It's 2020+. Just cut off the arm and replace with cybernetics.
1714573567418.png

• Haha
Reactions: MinJaBen and Lempo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad