OT: 49th Obsequious Banter Thread: Better Laught Than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well, might as well throw out a topic before heading off to bed.

If you were to spend a day watching cartoons again, what one would you choose to marathon watch?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, might as well throw out a topic before heading off to bed.

If you were to spend a day watching cartoons again, what one would you choose to marathon watch?

What kind of cartoons are we talking about here?

Old stuff like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny? Newer stuff like the shows I used to watch on Cartoon Network when I was a bit younger? More mature stuff like Adult Swim? Give me an example.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Dragon Ball Z is considered cartoons than that. I really didnt watch cartoons as a kid, watched the history channel and sports.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
Recess and The Weekenders are two cartoons I really enjoyed. I'd probably watch those again. If anime counts as cartoons then definitely Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh are my favourite of all time and would watch those again in a marathon.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A little late on this one & most familiar with the show probably already know but they'll be adding The Punisher to season two of Daredevil. Jon Bernthal who was also in Walking Dead & Fury will play him.

Happy they'll be adding another big character as Daredevil fighting with the Kingpin again would gotten stale. My guess he starts out fighting with Daredevil based off their difference styles of handing out justice. I'd imagine the action will be kicked up notch with The Punisher being in it too.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I'm having a hard time deciding between Futurama and The Simpsons. Given that I haven't seen all episodes of The Simpsons yet, I'd probably just go with that then and catch up on what I've missed.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In terms of Pre-1990s 'cartoons':

Tintin
Asterix & Obelix
Pink Panther
Top Cat

More recent:

Animaniacs
Johnny Bravo

Very recent:

Gravity Falls (such an awesome TV show.)
Phineas and Ferb

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So many options...

Animaniacs
Looney Tunes
Hey Arnold
Doug
Simpsons
South Park (counts?)
Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Some variety of that

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This better be a Michael Leighton titled thread, preferably something to do with puppies. Or maybe a 49th parallel reference if people hate Leighton too much.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
In regards to the topic from the last thread. I enjoy innes when he's talking sports but he's not getting his ratings from sports talk its from being the new and more radical Howard Eskine. Tony Bruno has the easiest job in the world. He just gets to sit there and agree with everything that comes out of innes' mouth and not say anything of substance. There's not many that I like on their. I couldn't tell you the last time I heard Ellis on the radio but he was my favorite. Jolly is pretty good. Anytime ray is on you know it'll be good. Glen I'm not so much a fan of and I cannot stand Jody Mac. I think you need to be at least 70 years old and only care about baseball and horse racing to actually like that dude. Ricky Ricardo is Ok but he's another guy that knows baseball and thats pretty much it. Mike and ike bother me and i cannot stand angelo at all. On the other station I really like brian startari but I'm also a bit biased I see him every week at a bar over here. He the biggest hockey fan I've heard on our radio though. I like gargano when he's talking sports but when he gets into everything else especially his kids I can't deal.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What kind of cartoons are we talking about here?

Old stuff like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny? Newer stuff like the shows I used to watch on Cartoon Network when I was a bit younger? More mature stuff like Adult Swim? Give me an example.

How am I to judge...lol.

Lots of good examples so far. Some of my all time favs:

Scooby's All Star Laff-A-Lympics
Tom and Jerry
Space Ghost
Justice League
Transformers-Original
Pinky and the Brain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events