Post-Game Talk: #49: Jets 1 at FLYERS 3, Monday, Jan. 28, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Good to wake up to another win. Hart is a damn monster!

The guy who finished up the GDT with "Dude they won without Ghost eh ;) " is something else...

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Stop stealing my bit, outsider. :p:
tenor.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I have never given a rat's ass about getting Hughes.

Tanking was always ridiculous because the talent on the team is too good to finish bottom 3 in the league. In order for that to happen you'd need stuff like Patrick, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim and others to struggle to the point where you'd question their future and maybe Fletcher makes panic moves. Not to mention Hart. No one should want that.

Also, you're not getting Quenneville if this team finishes in the bottom 3 and you'll have a harder time getting a top UFA. I'll take Quenneville and Panarin over Jack Hughes.

This Nerazurri guy and Tucson are obviously the same person, we're getting double trolled.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I have never given a rat's ass about getting Hughes.

Tanking was always ridiculous because the talent on the team is too good to finish bottom 3 in the league. In order for that to happen you'd need stuff like Patrick, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim and others to struggle to the point where you'd question their future and maybe Fletcher makes panic moves. Not to mention Hart. No one should want that.

Also, you're not getting Quenneville if this team finishes in the bottom 3 and you'll have a harder time getting a top UFA. I'll take Quenneville and Panarin over Jack Hughes.

This Nerazurri guy and Tucson are obviously the same person, we're getting double trolled.

Literally Hart is the only one keeping them from that position, so I don't think that changes anything.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Like old times, had the pleasure of watching the replay of this one at 2:30a after work. Glad I did.

Simmonds
: fumbles a pass at the blue line and then subsequently obliterated in a footrace. Shocking, I know.

Misha: one shift in the first had 2 really good defensive plays. Other than that, really wasn't noticeable.

Provorov:
  • Led rushes resulting in the Flyers' 2 best first period chances
  • That spin then move to the net was sweet in the 3rd. Jake couldn't bury the rebound
  • Probably his best game in a while- making those little plays that got him here in the first place. Up until now he just wasn't making those shimmy plays in the D zone to get space and make a good first pass for an easy out. I saw that 3 times tonight. Great sign.
Sanhiem: really caught my eye when he stopped Kyle Conner, blazing through the NZ, in his tracks on an entry. Another good game tonight for him, ho hum.

Hart: Just a f***ing animal. Those saves on the Jets' first PP was nasty. Especially on Laine. Always square to the shooter, in control. He's showing a pretty good glove too that I never really knew he had.

Patrick: that rush where he caught up to a loose puck, established body position on the semi breakaway with Tanev, then nimbly danced around subsequent obstruction was impressive. Then made a good play dishing to an open wing at the circle. Just been bearing down these last few games and flying all over the place, using his speed to get into the play and using his body to tilt play in his favor.

JVR: really playing well recently. Like Patrick, flying around. He seems to always be in a good position to grab an outlet pass off a turnover and head through the NZ with speed. Deserved that goal tonight.

The PK was bad. Shocking, I know. They regressed back to horrendous, maddening passive play and let the Jets fire at will. The difference is Hart was there to not give up 2 goals. Hope Ghost isn't hurt too badly, the team will miss him. Maybe he misses 2 weeks and Myers "earns" a callup then plays his way into the lineup! Sorry, I should know better. Anyway, played a good game, put out a good effort, and beat a really good team.

oKo4TkW.gif

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
44 years of not winning a championship, that's the problem with me and you dont care about that?

so hart is the scapgoat if we dont win a cup?

Holy f*** what a painful troll job. I get it, trolls are part of the internet. People have to play their role.

Watching one as bad as you is just f***ing painful though.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Trying to temper my excitement with Hart as I'm sure he'll have his rough patches although he is definitely mature and mentally tough beyond his years so things are looking real good for a long haul goalie. Alleluia....

So are you the actual Carter or Taryn crushing on Hart?

If you're Hart, how is Taryn in bed.

If you're Taryn, how Carter in bed? (jj we all know he would be amazong)

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
Fletch was right. You hope your cup team is built through the draft.

Hextall was bang on also for the most part aside from adding quality interim goaltending, and the major let downs this year were the young guys like Provy and Patrick not taking a big leap forward

Going forward, Hart, Sanheim Patrick, TK and Provy playing like studs is far more valuable than drafting Hughes.

I could care less about this years draft position. It's really all about these guys taking/gelling into the next step. If a playoff push w/ these guys playing well proves to be that, I'm all for it. A top 3 pick doesn't trump 5 core players. Just look at EDM

I'm really with you on this. Even more, the first round pick (if out of top 5) should be use in a trade package, for a young (27 max) with term top 6.

The base of young star and depth are there. I don't think missing one 1st round will impact this team going forward. (Simmonds could land another one anyway)

I'm all about surrounding our young base we already have and using the 1st 2019 as leverage to accomplish that.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You know what's funny? Even with all of his tears about the Flyers winning and not getting Hughes, we're still right here... one point from picking 3rd, two points from picking 2nd (before the lottery, obviously)...

5b8b0ff650f0c29b2aecfa90d20d878b.png

We could still easily end up with a top pick, on top of finding our franchise goalie and watching the young guys improve. For all we know this little winning streak will end and be followed by a horrible losing streak, so there's no point in complaining this much about our draft position with 33 games to go.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
you were all crying when kane won chicago 3 stanley cups, how are you going to feel if hughes does the same with another team and we keep choking like always?

hart is good but who is going to score goals for us?
This is actually hilarious because that year we finished last and didn't get Kane.

Or a couple years ago when Weise scored those two goals in the final game of the season and we dropped from 10th to 13th, but then got Nolan.

It's almost like the lottery is a lottery and getting 2 points any night doesn't f***ing matter.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Varone making some improvements to the game of hockey

50867143_2239764079377190_8903118040946704384_n.jpg

Though it looks that way, Morrissey's stick is actually just falling near his hand, he's not holding it. Ye olde Evgeny Medvedev tried this gambit for real in the first game of 2015. He made it a a few strides with two sticks after a stealing one off a Tampa forward and was penalized for it:

Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning Box Score — October 8, 2015 | Hockey-Reference.com

16:38PHIEvgeny Medvedev: Illegal stick — 2 min
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good times.

Edit: Also, look at that f***ing lineup in the box score. Ryan White, Chris VandeVelde, Umberger, Nick Schultz, Luke Schenn, 38-year-old Streit, Bellemare, Medvedev, Read, Manning, Del Zotto. That team was actually 2/3rds trash. Steve Mason did not get enough credit for getting that team to the playoffs.

We've been through a lot, fam.

Last edited:

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I wrote it a couple of months ago: The difference between the 2018/19 Flyers at the bottom of the standings and the 2018/19 Flyers being a playoff contender can be reduced to the quality of goaltending. We had awful, sometimes absent, goaltending and linked to this was our bad PK. Now we have someone who actually prevents pucks from flying into the net and thus the PK has improved automatically.
Believe it or not: It was never decicive if Hakstol, Gordon or someone else did the coaching job. Nor is it a question if guys like Weal, Weise, Varone, Lehtera or Vorobyev fill up the bottom of the lineup. Nor did Hägg play a decicive part in our negative story. Instead we had many close games with goalies saving like 85% of the shots they faced on a regular basis. Very few teams could afford this.
If we had the current kind of goaltending from the start of the season we wouldn´t have dropped so deep. We would be in the mid of a bunch of playoff contenders. Now it´s too late to make a playoff run. Better start losing again because Hart is in danger to be overused.

Reactions: deadhead

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Edit: Also, look at that ****ing lineup in the box score. Ryan White, Chris VandeVelde, Umberger, Nick Schultz, Luke Schenn, 38-year-old Streit, Bellemare, Medvedev, Read, Manning, Del Zotto. That team was actually 2/3rds trash.

We've been through a lot, fam.

What are you talking about? They had great talent, Hakstol deep sixed them.
Get with the program!

Hextall should have just admitted he was rebuilding and he'd still be the GM.
He inherited a boatload of crap, a half dozen young forwards, no depth, no prospects and no defense (Coburn is the only one left in the league).

Reactions: marcsson68

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Also, look at that ****ing lineup in the box score. Ryan White, Chris VandeVelde, Umberger, Nick Schultz, Luke Schenn, 38-year-old Streit, Bellemare, Medvedev, Read, Manning, Del Zotto

I refuse to look at this, lol. I remember how we on this board talked about how flabbergasting it is how some of these players are even playing. And not only playing, but often times used in critical parts of the games :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad