Post-Game Talk: #49: Jets 1 at FLYERS 3, Monday, Jan. 28, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Couple of things came to mind during the last period and a half I managed to watch:

1) Amazing to see the evolution of the game from say, 10-15 years ago. On a later sequence in the game, Provorov was skating to below his own red line and Wheeler was coming in hard. Instead of focusing on protecting himself and letting the puck go for fear of getting smoked, he calmly makes a play on the puck, rather having to pick up his scrambled brain. Definitely still some players who would have made that run, and sure Provorov may have known it was Wheeler coming, but generally, the game has changed quite a bit with regards to that. Sad sometimes, but a lot of brains been bruised up by that, including mine!

2) Great to see Vorobyev battling with Lowry his last shift out there. Clear to see the guy at least has most of the physical tools required and quite a bit of smarts and passing ability and if he keeps it up, should easily make the team.

3) I can kind of understand Fletcher's move to keep playing some of the vets. The caveat being, whatever value Fletcher could have pumped up in Weise, was being impacted by his horrible attitude. He's smart enough to realize the team is playing loose now, and with Hart, they actually are keeping things competitive for now. McD will boost his value, even if slightly, so that they're able to ship him in a reasonable deal. I watched the TSN stream tonight and even Ray Ferraro was seemingly in awe of how McD was in the way of everything. We should be able to find a few idiots around the NHL willing to take him in.

4) Whoever played that remix of "Right here, Right now" with about 1:42 left in the 3rd should be hung from the rafters

5) Carter Hart is a God

Last edited by a moderator:

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I wasn't crying.

We are never getting Hughes. Get over it. You're the one crying here, and you're doing it about wins where it looks more and more like our G issues, the issues that ACTUALLY cost us a Cup and have been the source of years of "choking," are resolved.

so hart is the scapgoat if we dont win a cup?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carter Hart! He’s our baby!
DMiU-EOXkAALpPd.jpg

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Couple of things came to mind during the last period and a half I managed to watch:

1) Amazing to see the evolution of the game from say, 10 years ago. On a later sequence in the game, Provorov was skating to below his own red line and Wheeler was coming in hard. Instead of focusing on protecting himself and letting the puck go for fear of getting smoked, he calmly makes a play on the puck, rather having to pick up his scrambled brain. Definitely still some players who would have made that run, and sure Provorov may have known it was Wheeler who, but generally, the game has changed quite a bit with regards to that. Sad sometimes, but a lot of brains been bruised up by that, including mine!
2) Great to see Vorobyev battling with Lowry his last shift out there. Clear to see the guy at least has most of the physical tools required and quite a bit of smarts and passing ability and if he keeps it up, should easily make the team.
3) I can kind somewhat understand Fletcher's move to keep playing some of the vets. The caveat being, whatever value Fletcher could have pumped up in Weise, was being impacted by his horrible attitude. He's smart enough to realize the team is playing loose now, and with Hart, they actually are keeping things competitive for now. McD will boost his value, even if slightly, so that they're able to ship him in a reasonable deal. I watched the TSN stream tonight and even Ray Ferraro was seemingly in awe of how McD was in the way of everything. We should be able to find a few idiots around the NHL willing to take him in.
4) Whoever played that remix of "Right here, Right now" with about 1:42 left in the 3rd should be hung from the rafters
5) Carter Hart is a God

Dude..spaces are your friend. My 45 year old eyes can't focus on that huge blob of words. Lol

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Trying to temper my excitement with Hart as I'm sure he'll have his rough patches although he is definitely mature and mentally tough beyond his years so things are looking real good for a long haul goalie. Alleluia....

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
i guess you dont want next crosby on this team, you just want more first round exits for next 20 years.

F Crosby!

Besides, the Pens went full tank and ruined it for everybody. Even Bettman was offended.

You never go full tank!

Farmers best game of the season.

True.

We just beat the Jets with AMac and Folin in the lineup. Crazy.

Crazy Eyes Killa is still going on about the non-call on Sanheim clipping Wheeler. For ****'s sake, we haven't gotten a call in about 40 years - we're kind of due.

Don't mess with Sanheim. He'll cut 'ya.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
That's an incredible leap in logic you've made there, holy ****.

Want to try again without the strawman argument, or is this the best you can do at this point?

well, who is going to score goals for hart in the playoffs then?

forzanerazzurri

Mar 22, 2007
Calgary
My god you are a whiner.
I think what he's trying to say is that the same people who are stating that we wouldn't win the lottery if we tanked are also thinking that this team may somehow make the playoffs this year. He's right, this team isn't ever going to win anything picking 10-15th and continously being mediocre.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
is the 15 overall pick always good enough for this city? it's never actually trying to get a star for a change? is that too much to ask?

I wantedto tank.

But your hysterical is rubbish.
What are they supposed to do with Hart at this point? It would be absurd to send him down.

The Flyers may have finally found a franchise goalie. He's the best goalie since the 87 version of Hextall and you're going on about the lottery.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think what he's trying to say is that the same people who are stating that we wouldn't win the lottery if we tanked are also thinking that this team may somehow make the playoffs this year. He's right, this team isn't ever going to win anything picking 10-15th and continously being mediocre.
But what you are missing, is that players don't tank. Players are playing for contracts. Playing for ice time for next year. Playing for a new GM so they don't get traded.

But that logic is lost on him...and you if you believe tanking happens from players.

And again, nothing fans WANT, effects what actually happens on the ice, or Mgt decisions. And top picks don't always win. Tavares had to leave NY. Stamkos still trying. Sedins, nope. All those Oilers 1st??? It took Ovi 13 years for God's sake!

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
What if we go on another 10 Game winning streak?

With Carter Hart in net, it’s hard to see us losing a lot of games!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad