Post-Game Talk: #48 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Sunday, Apr. 25, 2021 | Flyers win 4-3 (3-2 in SO)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
200-2.gif

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There were indications pre-game that a youngster or two could see action. The opponent, the necessity, the opportunity is there for at least one new addition.
Yeah.....it's obviously going to be Morin given the icetime. We have seen enough. Carve out an NHL career if you can. Time for York to get some games in.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That’s the issue with the “rebuild” nobody has really convincingly over multiple seasons closed the gap with those guys even in their older states let alone at their peaks. Hextall’s guys are getting at that age where things should be materializing & age is becoming less of an excuse too.

Yeah. It’s hard to sort out how much of it is them being busts and how much of it is the organization being completely incompetent. We’ve seen Ghost, Provorov, Konecny, Farabee, Hart all show star talent for significant periods and all regress or get f***ed with. I’m sure they’d all be cornerstones or working towards that in competent organizations. Then there’s Lindblom and his situation.

For a retool with essentially only mid range first round picks I’d say that’s a pretty good collection had the organization not botched it completely.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah. It’s hard to sort out how much of it is them being busts and how much of it is the organization being completely incompetent. We’ve seen Ghost, Provorov, Konecny, Farabee, Hart all show star talent for significant periods and all regress or get f***ed with. I’m sure they’d all be cornerstones or working towards that in competent organizations. Then there’s Lindblom and his situation.

For a retool with essentially only mid range first round picks I’d say that’s a pretty good collection had the organization not botched it completely.

Yeah I don’t think the Flyers necessarily drafted poorly during the Hextall rebuild. They more so got out of it what they put into it imo. They’ve yielded a decent amount of middle of the lineup pieces but the higher end talent just isn’t really there.

Development & recognizing strengths/weaknesses of these players probably haven’t been the best on top of some of the unfortunate injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00