#47 KINGS SHUT OUT CANUCKS, 1/13/'14, 1-0 in regulation.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Actually hoping that one of the Ducks comes out and runs one of the Sedins through the boards in the first period. That and Perry can pull his clumsy fall all over the goalie act whenever there is a scrum in front of the net.

I am just hoping it is not a 3 point game.

Is it just me or does Tortarella look like some a-hole doctor or lawyer who drives a convertible Porsche with a personalized license plate on it? Lets call him a lawyer with the personalized plate of "Torts" (pun intended) on the back of his convertible Porsche. I swear I've seen that guy pull up next to me in Newport Beach or Westwood and said "what a tool" under my breath.

And why in the hell is the slew foot on Quick the one being discussed? The one on Doughty by that Wiesel was the one worth talking about. That was clear as day.. kicked both the feet out. How that wasn't called is beyond me. I don't expect a suspension but I would at least hope the leage would fine him some small amount to send a message that isn't cool. If Doughty hit his head harder, he could've been hurt. That is one of the dirtiest plays in hockey. He might as well have butt ended, then speared him to complete the trifecta. What a puss.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Dale-Weise-oooooo-600x300.jpg

Ori.jpeg

?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Did I miss something? Kesler may have got in a few punches on Brown, but big deal Kesler certainly didn't do any real damage. Brown had the last laugh in every way. I think the hit Nolan put on H. Sedin hurt just as much if not more than anything Kesler did to Brown.

How many games has Luongo missed?

I agree completely. Brown's jersey will need a good washing though -- from those Kesler creampuffs.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
So the Canucks, right up to their loser of a GM, rev themselves up over a non issue that unfortunately resulted in their goalie being injured. Next game they immediately begin taking reckless and dumb penalties, including 27 minutes from Sestito, who has to be the worst enforcer I've ever seen. They take exception to people bodychecking in a hockey game, so they then proceed to do ok in a couple fights, but the fights themselves only serve to wake up our catatonic captain. From that point on, the physical play only escalates, with the Canucks taking the worst of it. Ultimately Brown, whom they decided to awaken with a pointless fight (outstanding strategy, btw) scores the GWG.

Throughout all this, the Canucks supposedly get their moral victory on account of us failing to punish them with 15 minutes of PP time. In any reasonable game, the score is 2 or 3 zip heading into the 3rd.

And to continue the delusions, they think we have been sent a message.

What message?

1) The Canucks are our inferiors at both ends of the ice, and completely lack composure.

2) The Canucks can get tough but don't know how to harness their intent. Thus when the actual physicality picks up because of their prior antics(which typically result in dumb penalties), they can and will be left behind. Its like the fantasy jocks who think there is a direct correlation between "toughness" and PIMs. Which is profoundly Pejorative Slured. If they were routinely difficult to play against they'd realize last night they were doing it wrong.

3) Our PP is responsible for the Canucks even mistakenly thinking there were positives to be taken away from last night. It should have been a blowout, another candidate for game of the year, instead it was an embarrassment for us.

4) DL can't be happy after last night in spite of the win. This should have been over after 1 period. No way he isn't scrambling to fix what ails us. Even if it is just tearing a strip off our current roster behind closed doors. They need to know the time for ****ing around is rapidly coming to an end. We won't be able to play a team blinded by pointless revenge all the time.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So the Canucks, right up to their loser of a GM, rev themselves up over a non issue that unfortunately resulted in their goalie being injured. Next game they immediately begin taking reckless and dumb penalties, including 27 minutes from Sestito, who has to be the worst enforcer I've ever seen. They take exception to people bodychecking in a hockey game, so they then proceed to do ok in a couple fights, but the fights themselves only serve to wake up our catatonic captain. From that point on, the physical play only escalates, with the Canucks taking the worst of it. Ultimately Brown, whom they decided to awaken with a pointless fight (outstanding strategy, btw) scores the GWG.

Throughout all this, the Canucks supposedly get their moral victory on account of us failing to punish them with 15 minutes of PP time. In any reasonable game, the score is 2 or 3 zip heading into the 3rd.

And to continue the delusions, they think we have been sent a message.

What message?

1) The Canucks are our inferiors at both ends of the ice, and completely lack composure.

2) The Canucks can get tough but don't know how to harness their intent. Thus when the actual physicality picks up because of their prior antics(which typically result in dumb penalties), they can and will be left behind. Its like the fantasy jocks who think there is a direct correlation between "toughness" and PIMs. Which is profoundly Pejorative Slured. If they were routinely difficult to play against they'd realize last night they were doing it wrong.

3) Our PP is responsible for the Canucks even mistakenly thinking there were positives to be taken away from last night. It should have been a blowout, another candidate for game of the year, instead it was an embarrassment for us.

4) DL can't be happy after last night in spite of the win. This should have been over after 1 period. No way he isn't scrambling to fix what ails us. Even if it is just tearing a strip off our current roster behind closed doors. They need to know the time for ****ing around is rapidly coming to an end. We won't be able to play a team blinded by pointless revenge all the time.

Yep, I think if anything, last night was a real wake up call for management and the players alike. Embarrassing scorewise on our part, but physically good to get Brown and others going. The message they sent was the same one the Blues and Coyotes sent ;)

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey guys, those weren't the real Canucks last night. They were just anarchists from Surrey who were wearing Canucks jerseys. :sarcasm:

s6rk79.jpg

2ew1enl.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pearson wasn't ready before and he's not ready now....not understanding this call-up at all.

Pearson looks like he needs a lot more seasoning. Vey is much more NHL-ready. Its a pity that Vey plays on the right side whenever he plays wing.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Seriously, moral victory for Canucks, because some of their known fighters fought some of our middle fighting class guys?
LoL?

Our best fighters (all of whom fought some heavy guys before) - Nolan, Clifford, King, Regehr had 0PIM. Think about it...
They should be happy, no King was injured on any of their "tough" plays. This wouldn't end very well at all for them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am just laughing at the canucks media thinking the rest of the league , will take pause....lol Players like Perry.

Corey Perry is a professional rat, he is not scared of the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad