#47 KINGS SHUT OUT CANUCKS, 1/13/'14, 1-0 in regulation.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think the most pathetic thing from the Canucks standpoint is that an NHL team full of grown men felt the need to talk about the "message" they sent for an hour or so after the game. Guys, if you had actually sent a message you wouldn't have to say that you sent a message.

You can't believe the tire pumping going on today regarding the Canucks on TEAM 1040 right now. It's going to be hilarious when the Ducks run them out of the building tomorrow night.

Right? Give Getzlaf and that top line that many PP ......

Winger23

May 3, 2007
The Bruins would not have let the Canucks do this to them. We were in the same category...a tough, big team and recent SC Champion.

This was kinda embarrasing honestly. The Kings teams of old with Grimson, McSorley, etc would not let this happen. It's a different era, but come on, the Kings let Brown and Greene do the fighting? Gross.

This cracks me up. What exactly did you expect? Brown fought kessler for obvious reasons. It's not like Greene went out of his way to start that fight. In fact he didn't he drop his stick first. Just because the nucks didn't care about the 2 points, doesn't mean the kings shouldn't either. The nucks proved nothing in this game. Nothing. Shut out, played dirty. And still loss.

So they feel they put on their big boy pants for a game. Whoopie. Kings have other things to worry about like their offense. Odie said it best last night, They do a lot of talking and strutting for a team to have never won ****.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
The only message the Nux gave to the league is to continue to run the Twins cuz once you do Cassie and Suxtito will lose their tops and give you power plays all night long!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I will admit I have never rooted for the ducks, ever. This will be the first time. Here's to the ducks showing them just how far moral victories will take you...

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
The Canucks think they own us now. There is a game within the game and we lost that one.

lol. I guarantee next game the Canucks don't pull any of this stuff, and go back to the same old same old. This was their big shot at being tough, and they ended up losing. They intimidated the Kings so much, that the Kings were mocking them during the game and Sutter was mocking them after the game. INTIMIDATED

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Its actually a no win situation for the Canucks next game. If they act tough, the Kings will be going 'Going to act tough again this game because it worked so well last time *laugh*", and if they don't act tough, the Kings will be going "Dropped the tough guy act eh? Understandable"

Living in the Canucks heads since 2012

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can't help but think if the nucks would have won last night everyone in here would have been talking about how the team did not stand up for one another, and got bullied.
Due to the fact LA did not cash in opportunities we were lucky to win last night.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings did nothing on any of those power plays. They should have just fought back and still scored the one even strength goal.

Sorry guys, this was a hard one to stomach for me. Following the Kings since 1992 I don't think I have seen us pushed around that bad since the Ottawa brawl years back where Adam Mair had to jump off the bench.

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

Dustin Brown, our captain - Pestered by Kassia and fought Kesler
Matt Greene, our assistant captain and oft injured - had to fight Bieska who was running guys all nigh and then stepped into Quick. Greene is all heart, but a terrible fighter.

The Canucks think they own us now. There is a game within the game and we lost that one.

I mostly agree with this. Just think of the outrage had we not scored.
I do not expect RR to drop the glove anymore than I would Mitchel or Greene. So I wouldn't put him in three. But Clifford should have stepped up, Nolan should have in the third as well.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
I love the idea that if Clifford had fought Kassian, it would have made every other Canucks go, woah woah WOAH WOAH, maybe we should hang back a bit on this physical stuff eh?

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal
I love the W, but the diving by the Kings is getting out of hand, IMO.

DS's comments about practicing running goalies = WIN. lol

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I can't help but think if the nucks would have won last night everyone in here would have been talking about how the team did not stand up for one another, and got bullied.
Due to the fact LA did not cash in opportunities we were lucky to win last night.

Nope, the horrendous PP would be getting the ridicule that it deserves. For me however, the win last night has done nothing the surppres my feelings about this team's offensive woes, we are in serious trouble.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

There was nothing to stand up for. Nolan did not have to answer for a check on Sedin. He went for a check. That's all. The Kings got 7 minutes of a PP because Nolan was smart. If the Kings score 2 or 3 goals there, the game is done, the Canucks crawl away.

Brown was smart to not fight Kassian. It would be stupid for Brown to fight that guy. He was smart to fight Kesler and take him off the ice for 5 minutes.

The only issue is the slew foot on Doughty. However, nobody on the ice at the time should've gone after a guy like Weise. The next shift, Nolan and Clifford were on the ice, and the refs stopped anything from happening. The ref even pushed Weise out of the way to talk to him.

The Canucks had a phantom issue with Brown, came in with a chip on their shoulder, and if the Kings had a better than crap PP, nothing happens after the first 10 minutes. The Kings were at fault for making the game harder on themselves because they couldn't score.

Stop worrying so much. The Canucks got nothing out of the game, at least not from the Kings. No other team is going to start slew footing the Kings every game. Relax. If the game was 1-0 or 2-0 Canucks, the Kings would've gooned it up more. However, while the game was in doubt, the Kings had bigger fish to fry than to play the game the Canucks wanted to play.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
There was nothing to stand up for. Nolan did not have to answer for a check on Sedin. He went for a check. That's all. The Kings got 7 minutes of a PP because Nolan was smart. If the Kings score 2 or 3 goals there, the game is done, the Canucks crawl away.

Brown was smart to not fight Kassian. It would be stupid for Brown to fight that guy. He was smart to fight Kesler and take him off the ice for 5 minutes.

The only issue is the slew foot on Doughty. However, nobody on the ice at the time should've gone after a guy like Weise. The next shift, Nolan and Clifford were on the ice, and the refs stopped anything from happening. The ref even pushed Weise out of the way to talk to him.

The Canucks had a phantom issue with Brown, came in with a chip on their shoulder, and if the Kings had a better than crap PP, nothing happens after the first 10 minutes. The Kings were at fault for making the game harder on themselves because they couldn't score.

Stop worrying so much. The Canucks got nothing out of the game, at least not from the Kings. No other team is going to start slew footing the Kings every game. Relax. If the game was 1-0 or 2-0 Canucks, the Kings would've gooned it up more. However, while the game was in doubt, the Kings had bigger fish to fry than to play the game the Canucks wanted to play.

Good post. I don't really see why this game was an issue for some people from the physicality standpoint.

At the end of the day, it was an important 4pt game and instead of being tied, LA is up 4pts over VAN. They claim a moral victory... lol, good job. Those Nucks are always good for a laugh.

It's too bad we're done with them this year. We could've used a few extra points to climb in the standings.

Captain Mittens*

Funniest post from the Canucks board

This guy is the biggest blowhard on the Canucks board and probably HF
For those who missed it the Kings in the purple Dodger sweater pre-game:

Bd9hakfCIAE5FEo.jpg

He was serious BTW. He told another poster who told him it was blue that he needs to adjust his monitor :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL! yeah it's Dodger purple there numbnuts

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
This is where the Kings miss a guy like Carcillo.
I don't miss a 4th liner/healthy scratch that can't play and is only usefull for taking minor penalties (pk training)...

But hey, how can we not have more Cowens/S.Thorntons/Ivananses...that got the Kings their first Stanley Cup...

:shakehead

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I love the idea that if Clifford had fought Kassian, it would have made every other Canucks go, woah woah WOAH WOAH, maybe we should hang back a bit on this physical stuff eh?

That is honestly the way the fight fans think. It's a mix between being funny and being pathetic.

It's almost as stupid as the fight fans thinking that having Westgarth in the lineup prevented teams from throwing cheapshots at the Kings.

Nolan not fighting Sesisto had no bearing on the game, other than it gave the Kings a 7 minute PP, yet the fight idiots think what Nolan did was wrong.

Kind of sad in this ridiculous fighting culture of the NHL that Nolan is criticized for not fighting after delivering a clean hit.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Teams in the NHL this year are 8-58-8 playing California teams....

Moral victories is all other teams can come away with.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I'm not only criticizing Nolan but the whole team. The Canucks banded together and stood up for each other after every whistle.

We are supposed to let Bieska get into it with Quick?

Weiss slew foot Doughty?

Kassian try and punk Mitchell?

Teams like the Bruins, Blues, or Pens would have stood for any of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad