#47 KINGS SHUT OUT CANUCKS, 1/13/'14, 1-0 in regulation.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Here is the blank if you guys want to make some more.

2yjox7t.jpg

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'm not only criticizing Nolan but the whole team. The Canucks banded together and stood up for each other after every whistle.

We are supposed to let Bieska get into it with Quick?

Weiss slew foot Doughty?

Kassian try and punk Mitchell?

Teams like the Bruins, Blues, or Pens would have stood for any of this.

Those teams would have made Vancouver pay on the PP, and then came back at them. We didn't have that luxury because our PP is horrendous. When we couldn't capitalize, we couldn't afford to be taking dumb penalties ourselves, because one goal could have decided that game, like it did.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Those teams would have made Vancouver pay on the PP, and then came back at them. We didn't have that luxury because our PP is horrendous. When we couldn't capitalize, we couldn't afford to be taking dumb penalties ourselves, because one goal could have decided that game, like it did.

Which is a big concern to me. Teams will keep playing hard against the kings not worrying about taking penalties until we make them pay for it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Good post. I don't really see why this game was an issue for some people from the physicality standpoint.

At the end of the day, it was an important 4pt game and instead of being tied, LA is up 4pts over VAN. They claim a moral victory... lol, good job. Those Nucks are always good for a laugh.

It's too bad we're done with them this year. We could've used a few extra points to climb in the standings.

One more game in Vancouver at the end of the year.

What we saw last night was the difference between a team that knows it can win, and a team that isn't sure it can, and hasn't been sure since Games 6 and 7 in the 2011 Cup final.

What we saw was one forest team, and one tree team.

The Canucks get all caught up in something that didn't even happen the way they think or say it did, and what will we hear from the Kings about what Weise actually did? They may talk about it in the room, there will be another day to get Weise if need be, but the Kings won't make it a national crisis issue. Maybe if Doughty got hurt(clearly intentionally, not accidentally like Luongo), but then I'm sure Weise would've been suspended.

The Kings are a team that is mentally prepared to go deep in the playoffs. They may not be able to beat Chicago, they may not win a series against an especially motivated Blues team against the Kings, but the Kings will be there. The Canucks don't know who they are anymore.

The Canucks came out with a chip on their shoulder, killed 8 consecutive minutes of a PP, they still lost, and gave up the game winning goal to the guy they had a problem with going into the game. The Kings couldn't score on 8 consecutive minutes of a PP, but they stuck with it, didn't always look good staying with it, didn't get caught up in the game the Canucks wanted to play, and pulled out the win. Plus, Conn Smythe Quick showed up, and we got a glimpse of the 2012 playoff Brown.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Which is a big concern to me. Teams will keep playing hard against the kings not worrying about taking penalties until we make them pay for it.

No, not playing the Kings hard! What will the Kings do if that happens? It's not like the Kings have played 38 playoff games over the last 2 years, with a 25-13 record, two consecutive trips to the conference final, a 6-1 record in the 7 series they've played, and a Cup.

But oh no, some team might play hard against the Kings :cry:

Captain Mittens*

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but the meme generator is too much fun

64li8_zpsb52f7599.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No, not playing the Kings hard! What will the Kings do if that happens? It's not like the Kings have played 38 playoff games over the last 2 years, with a 25-13 record, two consecutive trips to the conference final, a 6-1 record in the 7 series they've played, and a Cup.

But oh no, some team might play hard against the Kings :cry:

It's a valid concern. If we continue to no score on the PP we will have teams taking liberties with us not worrying about taking penalties.
No need to go full ****** bag on it.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Funniest post from the Canucks board

This guy is the biggest blowhard on the Canucks board and probably HF

He was serious BTW. He told another poster who told him it was blue that he needs to adjust his monitor :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL! yeah it's Dodger purple there numbnuts

Could he perhaps be making a joke about how the Lakers' uniforms aren't purple, but are supposedly "Forum Blue"?

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
LOL Canucks. I saw some dirty hits but I didn't see anything that looked like domination and you lost on top of it.

Why anyway? Brown didn't run Luongo on purpose. Whining Pansies!!!

How many more years of this lack of finish on the PP? Should of buried the Nuckers!

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kings did nothing on any of those power plays. They should have just fought back and still scored the one even strength goal.

Sorry guys, this was a hard one to stomach for me. Following the Kings since 1992 I don't think I have seen us pushed around that bad since the Ottawa brawl years back where Adam Mair had to jump off the bench.

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

Dustin Brown, our captain - Pestered by Kassia and fought Kesler
Matt Greene, our assistant captain and oft injured - had to fight Bieska who was running guys all nigh and then stepped into Quick. Greene is all heart, but a terrible fighter.

The Canucks think they own us now. There is a game within the game and we lost that one.

The Kings were more concerned with the 2pts. Weise is the guy that needs a beat down tho.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I love the idea that if Clifford had fought Kassian, it would have made every other Canucks go, woah woah WOAH WOAH, maybe we should hang back a bit on this physical stuff eh?

...or the idea that any of what the Canucks did last night will stop the Kings from going to the net hard, or from smashing a Sedin into the boards whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I thought Nolan made a great "statement" right after Kasian's foolishness by taking the body on H. Sedin right away. Messsge: "The Kings won't be changing the way they play the game."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

He was serious BTW. He told another poster who told him it was blue that he needs to adjust his monitor :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this the guy that thinks he is some kind of genius international law lawyer?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

He's the biggest blowhard on this entire site.

RDlDLt5.png

SkihPoy.png

n1G3exX.png

Is this the guy that thinks he is some kind of genius international law lawyer?

Yup, but he's more suited to selling used cars.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think these meme's need to be posted on the main board, even if it gets the dog whisperer banned for life. :)

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
This is where the Kings miss a guy like Carcillo.

Nolan and Clifford are too young to be doing the enforcing and deciding when is a good time to fight.

We won, that's fine. But Greene is out with a concussion, Brown's face looks like he got jumped in the alley, Quick got run, Doughty was slew footed...How is that okay?

Canucks have no one hurting after last nights game.

:shakehead

In last night's game Carcillo would have been booted from the game the first second he got within sniffing distance of a Canuck.

VanPatten

Oct 27, 2013

While I want to totally agree with Johnny Utah, this is the truth. Had we gone up by two or three, which was possible due to all the pps, I would have loved to see he kings slap the Canucks around.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's a valid concern. If we continue to no score on the PP we will have teams taking liberties with us not worrying about taking penalties.
No need to go full ****** bag on it.

You're right.

The Kings PP has been bad for years, and teams haven't taken liberties. The Canucks didn't take liberties either, it's just that the Kings were playing a different game than the Canucks. The Kings were trying to win the game, the Canucks were trying to convince themselves of something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad