#47 KINGS SHUT OUT CANUCKS, 1/13/'14, 1-0 in regulation.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I am just laughing at the canucks media thinking the rest of the league , will take pause....lol

Corey Perry is a professional rat, he is not scared of the Canucks.
Perry is going to go on his famous nut spearing spree. The only ones immune will be the sisters due to their lady parts.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The Bruins would not have let the Canucks do this to them. We were in the same category...a tough, big team and recent SC Champion.

This was kinda embarrasing honestly. The Kings teams of old with Grimson, McSorley, etc would not let this happen. It's a different era, but come on, the Kings let Brown and Greene do the fighting? Gross.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
The Bruins would not have let the Canucks do this to them. We were in the same category...a tough, big team and recent SC Champion.

This was kinda embarrasing honestly. The Kings teams of old with Grimson, McSorley, etc would not let this happen. It's a different era, but come on, the Kings let Brown and Greene do the fighting? Gross.
It's not like the Canucks were intimidating and we needed to defend ourselves. Kings played smart and were racking up power plays. You should be more concerned with our lack of scoring as opposed to not gooning it up with the monkeys on skates.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Brown fought Kesler. Greene took on a smaller man in Bieksa. It's not like they fought Sestito or Kasian. Sestito got stupid and got himself thrown out of the game early in the 1st period. Sutter laughing his ass off after the game comparing Brown / Luongo to Orr / Hall. I'd say the Kings handled it pretty well.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings did nothing on any of those power plays. They should have just fought back and still scored the one even strength goal.

Sorry guys, this was a hard one to stomach for me. Following the Kings since 1992 I don't think I have seen us pushed around that bad since the Ottawa brawl years back where Adam Mair had to jump off the bench.

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

Dustin Brown, our captain - Pestered by Kassia and fought Kesler
Matt Greene, our assistant captain and oft injured - had to fight Bieska who was running guys all nigh and then stepped into Quick. Greene is all heart, but a terrible fighter.

The Canucks think they own us now. There is a game within the game and we lost that one.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings did nothing on any of those power plays. They should have just fought back and still scored the one even strength goal.

Sorry guys, this was a hard one to stomach for me. Following the Kings since 1992 I don't think I have seen us pushed around that bad since the Ottawa brawl years back where Adam Mair had to jump off the bench.

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

Matt Greene, our assistant captain and oft injured - had to fight Bieska who was running guys all nigh and then stepped into Quick. Greene is all heart, but a terrible fighter.

The Canucks think they own us now. There is a game within the game and we lost that one.
Let them think that as we continue to get in their heads and win every game we play against them. Sutter was literally laughing at them in the presser.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If they think they own the Kings after losing games to them over and over, well I guess that's why they're the Canucks.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

Dude, come on... They "did nothing" because it was a 0-0 game. Time and tide. If our powerplay was worth a **** and rang up 2-3 goals in the first I'm sure you would have gotten your wish. Nolan did the right thing and got us 7 minutes of powerplay time. The only thing that failed us was our offense.

The Canucks can think whatever they want, they're wrong. We eliminated from the playoffs, we went 4-0 against them this year, but they "own" us? Yeah sure. Tortilla, is that you?

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
This is where the Kings miss a guy like Carcillo.

Nolan and Clifford are too young to be doing the enforcing and deciding when is a good time to fight.

We won, that's fine. But Greene is out with a concussion, Brown's face looks like he got jumped in the alley, Quick got run, Doughty was slew footed...How is that okay?

Canucks have no one hurting after last nights game.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The only way that the Cantnucks would have succeeded in sending us any sort of a message would have been if they had actually won the game. Instead they ran around like babies trying to goon it up and the only lesson we learned was that they can't beat us no matter what they do.

I have never seen a team with a worse powerplay then we have and we still beat the cantnucks.

I am sure that our entire team knows that IF we wanted to throw away a couple of points and go out and play the cantnucks the way they played us last night that we have been more than capable of handling them.

So they can call it a "moral victory" all they want but all they proved to us is that no matter what they do we will beat them.

I say good luck with their moral victory, I am certain that it will help them morally win a few games early this summer on the golf course. Moral hole in one!

Moral Scoreboard.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Nolan and Clifford are too young to be doing the enforcing and deciding when is a good time to fight.

We won, that's fine. But Greene is out with a concussion, Brown's face looks like he got jumped in the alley, Quick got run, Doughty was slew footed...How is that okay?

I don't agree with literally anything else you said, but I fully agree with the boldfaced. We'll miss his crazy.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

Johnny, we all know you like a good fight, but give it a rest. I have no issues with how the Kings handled themselves last night, I loved the fact that they kept their cool while VAN repeatedly tried to goad them into stupid penalties. There's a difference between being tough and being stupid...and what VAN was doing last night was NOT being tough. My only issue is that the Kings couldn't make them pay more with some PP goals...if there's anything to be embarrassed about, it's that.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Torts is that you ? There is a reason torts hasn't been a relevant coach since dead puck hockey.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Johnny, we all know you like a good fight, but give it a rest. I have no issues with how the Kings handled themselves last night, I loved the fact that they kept their cool while VAN repeatedly tried to goad them into stupid penalties. There's a difference between being tough and being stupid...and what VAN was doing last night was NOT being tough. My only issue is that the Kings couldn't make them pay more with some PP goals...if there's anything to be embarrassed about, it's that.

The Nucks won't be playing that way if they make the playoffs anyway. Goons don't see ice in playoff games.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Nolan - Did nothing
Clifford - Did nothing
RR - Did nothing

This is kind of a crazy post. The Canucks came in with a huge chip on their shoulder. The Kings had nothing to prove against the Canucks. The Kings needed the 2 points. The Kings were smart. If the Kings had a PP, that game is over in the first 10 minutes.

Where did the Kings get pushed around? The Sestito thing? Has Nolan not fought before? Has Nolan not fought Sestito before? Brown took Kesler off the ice for 5 minutes. Quick drew a penalty for Weise nudging him. The Weise slew foot wasn't great, but slew footing isn't something that happens all the time. Doughty was fine, so it's not the end of the world.

If teams are going to slew foot the Kings every game now, well, that would be stupid. I hope they do it.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No call for Weise. **** you Shanahan. This league is a joke.

Perry is going to go on his famous nut spearing spree. The only ones immune will be the sisters due to their lady parts.

This killed me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, it would be interesting to hear what those low IQ Duck fans think of Perry's antics. But they're the biggest homers in the NHL so they must think he's just playing strong hockey.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I was more embarrassed with the redwings game, the Wings came into the staples center and out played the Kings with a depleted roster. That's embarrising.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

He got tossed around like a rag doll the other night.

No they're not.

Greene is a big boy, but concussions happen. He could've gotten one by making a hit along the boards. Aw, Brown has a scratch? He also got the game winning goal. Quick dove. Doughty was slew footed, and he's fine.

Canucks have no one hurting after last nights game

The Canucks are a joke, and the game should've been a blowout after the first 10 minutes.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think the most pathetic thing from the Canucks standpoint is that an NHL team full of grown men felt the need to talk about the "message" they sent for an hour or so after the game. Guys, if you had actually sent a message you wouldn't have to say that you sent a message.

You can't believe the tire pumping going on today regarding the Canucks on TEAM 1040 right now. It's going to be hilarious when the Ducks run them out of the building tomorrow night.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
That's crazy. It's was as blatant a slewfoot as you can imagine. I wouldn't have expected a suspension but he should have gotten a fine. Lame.

I guess maybe he'd get a call if he broke Doughty's leg :shakehead

Same old NHL. A joke like usual. He's already been suspended once this year once. Tells you all you need to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad