GDT: #47: CBJ @ DAL 8:30EDT "Do or Die Edition"

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Destiny is defined in the dictionary as this : The predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.

I feel as if we have Destiny on our side. I think its gonna come down to the last game. Just as many of our most improbable wins have come this year. Its meant to be! LETS GO JACKETS!!!!!

3-1 CBJ

Goals by Letestu, Gabby and Atkinson

Tyutin my own horn here! (See what I did there). Dam I was close!!! Destiny boys!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ignore the Howson defenders. It is the "Howson Rule" that could screw us. Just a statement of fact.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
True... but trust me, you will need thick skin to defend that point in a world of local Howsonites...

Yup, all two of us.;)

(What's with people bringing Howson into every thread?)

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
i look forward to your posts agreeing with me about it being a good season in about an hour and a half or so. This team came out flying, now getting it taken to us. id love to be wrong, but..

You're benched for the first period next game Brass.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
If Minnesota gets 2 points, they're in. If Detroit gets 2 points, they're in.

If Columbus gets anything less than 2 points on Saturday, the above two teams are in and Columbus is out.

Detroit only needs 1 point :(

Just got to Prout fight on DVR...dude is ****ing awesome. Tell him to get a place JD:yo:

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Don't have tickets for Saturday as of yet, going to try and nab two of the few student tickets that should still be slated to go on sale at noon. If not, I will be content watching from home, that way I'll get to watch the Wings game too on Gamecenter. If things work out, I'll have my playoff tickets for next weekend. If not, then it was a hell of a season! Can't wait for Saturday one way or the other, going to be absolutely epic!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Detroit only needs 1 point :(

Just got to Prout fight on DVR...dude is ****ing awesome. Tell him to get a place JD:yo:

We all know that but one never knows... Since the Stars have no real reason to lose I think they may give their all to beat the mighty Red Wings...

We will see, regardless, we need to get 55 points... It's a story of change and success even if we miss the playoffs this season... This team will start out in October 2013 as winners...

Awesome turn around... a new era!!!

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I don't know what to say about this team anymore. This has been one hell of a fun ride. I hope the Hockey Gods smile on them and let them play for the Stanley Cup. My ears are ringing just thinking about how loud it will be in NWA on Saturday.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I don't know what to say about this team anymore. This has been one hell of a fun ride. I hope the Hockey Gods smile on them and let them play for the Stanley Cup. My ears are ringing just thinking about how loud it will be in NWA on Saturday.

There is little doubt who will win the game in Nationwide on Saturday.... It will be the Jackets....

Regardless of what Detroit does the 18.000 or so fans there to witness the win must give our boys a cheer of all cheers.... They have earned it!!!!

Amazing story.....

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Win or lose, this run has been amazing. Just...the best.

Jackets have done a lot of work to recreate the fanbase with their work. Good job, Jackets. Now let's get a little luck and make the playoffs.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yup, all two of us.;)

(What's with people bringing Howson into every thread?)

Well, we can't bring Umbie into every thread so he's the alternative. :laugh:

Seriously, people need to get over the Howson rule. It is doing what it was intended to do and that is reward teams that take care of business in regulation. Does it suck that we could miss out because of it? Yes but that is the way it is.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
We all know that but one never knows... Since the Stars have no real reason to lose I think they may give their all to beat the mighty Red Wings...

We will see, regardless, we need to get 55 points... It's a story of change and success even if we miss the playoffs this season... This team will start out in October 2013 as winners...

I think the stars have a lot more to play for then people think. This isnt your typical "playing spoiler" scenario. This is spoiling the longest post season run in all of north american sports. That would be the spoils of all spoils. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that. At least thats what I'm hoping for. Got my tickets last week for saturday in sec 115 and I am stoked. Place is going to be electric.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
All we can do is win Saturday, then hope.
It's been an amazing season - one of (if not the worst) team for the first part and one of the best the next.
Win Saturday and hope something falls into place (Minny collapses or Detroit loses).

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Seriously, people need to get over the Howson rule. It is doing what it was intended to do and that is reward teams that take care of business in regulation. Does it suck that we could miss out because of it? Yes but that is the way it is.

Exactly. That's not "defending Howson," it's supporting fairness and logic. POH is right about which record looks better, but change it to reflect ROW and it's a different story. Howson only suggested the change (after a year in which the CBJ would have benefitted from it, by the way), it was passed by the league because everyone knew that the shootout is a rediculous way to resolve games.

Back on topic: Epic win, can't wait to be there on Saturday! Wife and I have our Backstage Pass for the finale and I can't imagine what the scene down below will be if a playoff spot is clinched. Maybe we'll be drenched in beer! Maybe we will be, by then, anyway!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Except slightly better draft position.

The same with Nashville last night and tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad