Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
Game #47
April 25, 2013
8:30pm EDT
at American Airlines Center
Dallas, Texas

ufiles261.jpg

Columbus-Blue-Jackets-Reebok-Premier-Replica-Road-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N5114_XL.jpg

Prospal-Letestu-Gaborik
?-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Umberger-Johansen-Foligno
Comeau-MacKenzie-Boll

Tyutin-Wisniewski
Johnson-Savard
Erixon-Prout

Bobrovsky
Leighton

Injuries:
Blue Jackets are still without top-line centerman Artem Anisimov (concussion) and infinite-hustling winger Matt Calvert (broken finger). Those two are 3rd and 4th (respectively) on the team for goals scored.

dallas-stars-jersey.jpg

Whitney-Benn-Eriksson
Smith-Eakin-Garbutt (Really??? His name is Garbutt?)
Nystrom-Fiddler-Cole
MacDermid-Wandell-Roussel

Daley-Robidas
Dillon-Gilogoski
Rome-Larsen

Lehtonen
Bachman

Injuries:
Stars are without the services of winger Alex Chiasson (shoulder).

After last night's games, all the remaining teams in the hunt for the final spot in the West have played the same number of games. The skinny from BlueJackets Xtra:
1) The Blue Jackets now face a potential elimination game on Thursday in Dallas. If the Red Wings beat Nashville (doesn't matter how), and the Blue Jackets lose to the Stars in regulation, Columbus is eliminated from the playoffs. If the Red Wings get so much as a point (OT or shootout loss), a regulation loss by the Blue Jackets would eliminate them from catching Detroit. However, no matter what Detroit does on Thursday, the Blue Jackets would stay in the playoff race if they earn a point (OT or shootout loss to Dallas), because they could still jump Minnesota if the Jackets were to win on Saturday vs. Nashville and if Wild loses their final two games.

2) The Blue Jackets are now certain to lose tie-breakers against each of the three other teams that remain in the hunt for the final two spots. With two games remaining, there's no way the Jackets can match the other clubs' regulation and overtime wins. The Blue Jackets have 17 ROWs, while Minnesota has 21, Detroit and Dallas 20 each.

More to follow....

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
As the late Al Davis used to say, Just Win Baby!

I really want to see what Nationwide will be like on Saturday if the Jackets have something to play for. I'm thinking game 4 of the '09 playoffs, or maybe louder.

AngryWorm

Jul 10, 2006
Another lurker, longtime fan.

Really hope the Jackets win tonight. My co-worker is a Detroit fan who constantly trolls me for liking the Jackets. Would love nothing more than for the Jackets to stuff the streak.

Let's go Blue Jackets!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Damn Kings; now I have to choose between rooting for the tank to keep rolling for Drouin / Barkov / etc. or to knock the Red Wings out of the playoffs by winning tonight. Was going to jump on the #Lumbus bandwagon come playoffs, so I'm a bit torn here.

Steeltown Jacket

FanFromPensTerritory
Aug 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Another lurker, longtime fan.

Really hope the Jackets win tonight. My co-worker is a Detroit fan who constantly trolls me for liking the Jackets. Would love nothing more than for the Jackets to stuff the streak.

Let's go Blue Jackets!

Try having a best friend as a Wings fan. Pure misery last night. It was awful.

Damn Kings; now I have to choose between rooting for the tank to keep rolling for Drouin / Barkov / etc. or to knock the Red Wings out of the playoffs by winning tonight. Was going to jump on the #Lumbus bandwagon come playoffs, so I'm a bit torn here.

You know you wanna knock Detroit out, and we'll take care of you Saturday to help with your tanking. Deal??

LET'S GO JACKETS!

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Win or lose it has been an amazing season. Halfway through it we were talking about who we would take with the second overall pick (we all knew the Oilers would with the lottery again)

Now the passion, the angst, the excitement in this thread and elsewhere has demonstrated not only what the team has accomplished on the ice, but also in the hearts of the fans.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
To quote Jake Taylor from Major League..."I guess there's only one thing left to do....Win the WHOLE ******* THING.

Let's go boys, you've got our support. WE BELIEVE.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
"A day may come when the Jackets are no longer in contention for Lord Stanley's Cup, but it is not this day. A day may come when the heart of this team can no longer sustain the 2013 NHL season, but it is not this day."

CBJwheel

Mar 4, 2007
Findlay
I'm already planning on cutting class tomorrow to watch this game.

I have a feeling this game is going to make or break my weekend. :laugh:

GO JACKETS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad