GDT: #47: CBJ @ DAL 8:30EDT "Do or Die Edition"

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Good win boys.

Dallas announcers mentioned something about Detroit ending Dallas's season a few times the past several years. Dallas may be willing to return the favor and play spoiler.

That sounds really good. I'm hoping Dallas plays with hate.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I have a feeling we're gonna be intensely watching the end of the Dallas-Detroit game on the big screen at Nationwide.

baberg

Jan 11, 2008
I think to catch Detroit, Columbus needs to win and Detroit needs to lose in regulation time.

For the Wild, think get 1 point and the Wild loses both games in regulation time. Or get two points and the Wild only manages 1 point.

That's correct, but the Wild have 2 games to get their single point and we've just got the one.

I also don't know 100% what the tiebreakers are if, say, the Wild get 2 points and so do we.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
That's correct, but the Wild have 2 games to get their single point and we've just got the one.

I also don't know 100% what the tiebreakers are if, say, the Wild get 2 points and so do we.

If Minnesota gets 2 points, they're in. If Detroit gets 2 points, they're in.

If Columbus gets anything less than 2 points on Saturday, the above two teams are in and Columbus is out.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
What's more probable, Detroit losing in regulation on Saturday at Dallas or Minnesota their next two? If Edmonton could somehow win tomorrow night, I actually think Colorado has a good shot as they've played well lately.

If Lehtonen plays, I think Dallas winning. Imo, Howard wasn't tested much against LA and Nashville(shots wise, not sure about quality scoring chances). I think if Dallas can get some shots like they did against us in the 2nd. Maybe Howards lets some in while Lehtonen shuts them down?

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

If Columbus gets anything less than 2 points on Saturday, the above two teams are in and Columbus is out.

And if Detroit loses and Minnesota loses their last 2 and Columbus wins, we finish 7th. Frankly, we'd deserve it.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
If Lehtonen plays, I think Dallas winning. Imo, Howard wasn't tested much against LA and Nashville(shots wise, not sure about quality scoring chances). I think if Dallas can get some shots like they did against us in the 2nd. Maybe Howards lets some in while Lehtonen shuts them down?

The real question is: Does "We just got eliminated, who cares lets get this game over with and go golfing" Dallas show up, or does "We have to golf, so lets make Detroit go golfing too" Dallas show up?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Not if Minny gets zero points the next two games, then we would only need a point. Not likely, but possible.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
So Proud of Our Hockey Team. This has not been done with smoke and mirrors. This has been done with grit and determination. I AM PROUD TO BE A BLUE JACKETS FAN!!!! Go get them on SAturday boys. Whatever the outcome we will be on our feet cheering the next time you play.

GO JACKETS!

GO YOU BAND OF BROTHERS!

Columbus we have culture change!

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

I think it's stupid that if we win and finish with 24 wins while Detroit only gets a point and finishes with 23 wins, they still make it in. Whats a better looking record?

23-16-9
or
24-17-7

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The real question is: Does "We just got eliminated, who cares lets get this game over with and go golfing" Dallas show up, or does "We have to golf, so lets make Detroit go golfing too" Dallas show up?

Dallas was eliminated during the 1st intermission tonight. I suspect they'll come ready to play.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I will admit it, I didn't think we would pick up enough points on the road trip to still be in this. Good job guys proving me wrong.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Good game tonight, I am rooting for you guys and really hoping we can help you out by taking care of the Wings on Saturday!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Not if Minny gets zero points the next two games, then we would only need a point. Not likely, but possible.

Minnesota is playing Edmonton tomorrow. We all know the Oilers' track record in late-season games when they're laying down, I mean playing, for draft position.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'm hoping because it's a home game, they would want to play and win for their fans(customer appreciation night? I know the Canucks did it for their first game and don't think they're having it tonight again. I think Columbus is having it on Saturday. Not sure about Dallas). Plus, players claim that they have pride and want to win, rather then lose so hopefully they don't have a "Summer Time!!! Who cares about this game" attitude. Will it kill them to just play strong for just 1 more game? Just 1 game Dallas and then it's Summer time, just suck it up and play 1 more game. Only thing is, they just got eliminated tonight, they might be sad and upset, etc in their next game which happens to be the final game that matters to us.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Minnesota is playing Edmonton tomorrow. We all know the Oilers' track record in late-season games when they're laying down, I mean playing, for draft position.
Being cautious here, I don't think Canadian teams lay down on purpose as it appears some American teams do.... (note to Nashville and Berry Trotz and the LA Kings) ...

Edmonton will give their all...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4