Post-Game Talk: #47: Bruins 3 at FLYERS 4, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
And that is the importance of goaltending. No way the Flyers win that game without Hart. Boston was clearly the better team but Hart stole it. Kudos to the PKers, also.

Lindblom had one of his most noticeable games of the season, so hopefully he can build on it. His 2 points tonight catapult him past Robert Hagg 14-12 in points for the season.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I knew they were going to do their usual 10 game winning streak to make you think they are better than they are and to screw up their draft positioning. A few years ago they kept playing Mason when they should have sat him because he wasn't 100 and they kept winning. If they would've sat him and lost a few more games, they would've had the 4 spot which EDM had and won the draft to take McDavid. I'm looking at this as it's just increasing trade value.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Did it make a squeaky noise when you banged it? That's a toy hammer, and you are not the judge, because you have the worst taste I have ever seen. Also, you are two years old.

i-am-soft-pls-do-not-yell-at-me-30971392.png

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Couldn't watch, but sounds like Hart played well, again!

As such, I retract my bob and bread thought from the other roster post, clearly I was suffering from waiver induced hysteria lol

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Enjoyable game tonight against a quality team. Thought Wayne had a couple excellent looks, would have been nice to see him bury one. Looks like his game is coming back to him, recovery takes time.

He has looked much better these past 2 games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thoughts:

It's becoming self-evident that Hart is the real thing, I mean goalies don't come in at 20 years old and look this composed and in control, just doesn't happen, maybe once a decade. His domination of the CHL is obviously no fluke, and we have him for the next decade or longer - f---- Hughes, give me an elite goaltender any day of the week (I'm old enough to remember Bernie in his prime!). The kid just grows game by game, he's not a finished product, but he's learning on the job, and this is a great season to do so without pressure.

People have been dissing Lindblom, STUFF IT. The kid isn't one of those flashing 180 lb forwards who dazzles you with skill, he's just a smart, tough solid all around player - his SHL performance at age 20 (ask Appleyard) was no fluke, he's becoming a top 6 LW, may take a year or two, but he's one of those complementary guys that people underrate.

Patrick is starting to play more physical, he needs another summer in the weight room, but as he fills out his frame he'll be able to use his skill package, think Couts Jr, not Nico or McJesus, and you'll relax. Like Couts, he'll need time to put it all together because while he's faster than Couts, he's no road runner. But size, strength, smarts, hands, it'll come the next couple years. He's learning that in the NHL he has to understand his strengths and weaknesses, he's not the smooth operator who dazzles, he's the tough guy who bulls his way to the slot then uses his hands to finish.

Oh yeah, Couts, look I love Giroux, but he's a 2C, not strong or fast enough to handle top centers defensively, but a great 1LW. His line just got dominated the 2nd game in a row. Couts is a legitimate 1C, and Lindblom is a good fit (though I want him back with Patrick in the long-run). Couts did everything tonight, he's in a small class that consists of Toews and Kopitar. The true two way centers.

Sanheim is not a top 4 D-man right now, does some really good things, makes too many really bad turnovers. Which doesn't mean he shouldn't play 20 minutes, but it means not playing him doesn't explain why this team struggled. And he doesn't help Provorov. This team really needs a reliable, veteran (but under 30) RHD to stabilize the kids, and I'd be willing to trade Ghost to get one. Gudas is solid, but he's a complementary piece, not someone to play 24 minutes a night.

The PK was amazing, it's been top of the league for two months, but that's shouldn't surprise, even when it was struggling, the PK was in the top ten in advanced metrics, the goalies were letting them down. Hagg may be a marginal 3rd pair D-man at even strength, but he, Gudas, Lindblom, Couts, Laughton excelled on the PK tonight.

This team is a long ways away, they were dominated the second night in a row and with any other goalie on the roster, they probably lose both games.
But Hart is the real thing, and his teammates are willing to take bullets for him.

Lehtera probably played his last game as a Flyer, they could deal with his mediocrity, but not outright stupidity.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I think it was Tough Fighter or something like that. There might have been a number at the end of his username. I just remembered his posts always annoyed me, ha. I didn't know if giving a name would be against any rules or anything.

What ever happened to GoKimJohnsson?

And Stanley? Stanley was on old guy I think - had some kind of little red-breasted bird for his avatar. That guy knew hockey better than all of us and never got riled by the idiots.

I think that guy Teemu passed away. He gave us all kinds of info on European leagues and prospects. Had his own website I think... but I'm going way back.

JXC is another guy that went away

And Pantakrator. His avatar was a bald guy smashing a bottle on his head. I think he was in Brazil

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can any rule expert explain please why a goal was not awarded with an empty net penalty at the end of the game?
There was a Bruins defenseman (Krug?) racing for the puck; I guess they ruled he may have been able to make a play on the puck.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
What ever happened to GoKimJohnsson?

And Stanley? Stanley was on old guy I think - had some kind of little red-breasted bird for his avatar. That guy knew hockey better than all of us and never got riled by the idiots.

I think that guy Teemu passed away. He gave us all kinds of info on European leagues and prospects. Had his own website I think... but I'm going way back.

JXC is another guy that went away

And Pantakrator. His avatar was a bald guy smashing a bottle on his head. I think he was in Brazil
I think GoKimJohnsson is GKJ but I could be wrong.

JXC and Pantokrator both still post on here, unless they're different posters. The latter just liked one of my posts :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad