Post-Game Talk: #47: Bruins 3 at FLYERS 4, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
This team does not die, down 2-0, 4-1, 3-0,...

They will keep fighting to the end. Too often its too little too late, but damn they just keep skating. Effort has never been an issue with this group. Turnovers, mental mistakes, bad goaltending, and not finishing their chances...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All those limited offensive players and busts with hattricks and multipoint games, oh no
Apparently the team is too slow... meanwhile our two slowest skaters (Lehtera doesn’t even count as a hockey player) have hat tricks in back-to-back games.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
This team does not die, down 2-0, 4-1, 3-0,...

They will keep fighting to the end. Too often its too little too late, but damn they just keep skating. Effort has never been an issue with this group. Turnovers, mental mistakes, bad goaltending, and not finishing their chances...
Are you talking about the Bruins?

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Jekyl and Hyde flyers strike again. Would be nice to see these types of wins regularly but I won't hold my breathe.

Also, in sum:

giphy.gif

right, Jori?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Totally out played and got some fluky goals. Nice that we won but you could never win a series for atleast 5 more years with this group. Smoke and mirrors noys as that was a lame effort but Hart played great.
Was similar to the Minnesota game in that the Flyers were dominated at even strength, played lousy, turnover-prone, mistake-laden hockey, but had luck on their side offensively, including poor goaltending by the opponent. Hart was tremendous last night, though.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't say they played lousy, but the limits of the current roster were exposed, not fast and quick enough, not strong enough on the boards in their D-zone.
Allowing too many players to come down into the slot area and make plays.
It's talent, not heart, they fought tooth and nail, blocked a lot of shots.

Giroux needs to go back to LW, JVR needs to play with a center who can cover for him defensively.
The young defense needs a top four veteran to stabilize them, Provorov/Sanheim are a disaster waiting to happen on every shift.

I doubt Fletcher is fooled by these two wins, other than taking "starting goalie" off his shopping list.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Was similar to the Minnesota game in that the Flyers were dominated at even strength, played lousy, turnover-prone, mistake-laden hockey, but had luck on their side offensively, including poor goaltending by the opponent. Hart was tremendous last night, though.
Though it was that game lol.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Funny how when the team loses, but plays well, the result is the only thing that matters.

Then when the team plays poorly, but wins, the result doesn’t matter at all.

Hmmmmmm contrarians are a funny breed

Last edited:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Good win. Thankfully i'm not too worried about the tank being jeopardized, any chance i can get to see Boston lose, i'll take it.

I seriously cannot believe that Hart is ready now. I never would've thought that it'd be this soon.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That was a key reason I was in favor of calling up Hart: because he’s not your typical goalie prospect, & if he shows in a trial run that he’s able to play in the NHL, then you can use your assets to address other needs. If he wasn’t ready, they could easily send him back.

It’s great knowing they don’t need to spend assets on a goalie, & should very much improve their ability to fix other holes, leading to a quicker turnaround.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
ok, but that's not the team that has showed up and regularly quit after any adversity in a large amount of games in the not too distant past.

Besides that Toronto game, the West Coast Trip, I can’t remember seeing them look defeated. They have came back from big deficits this year a lot

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
If Hextall were here he would have moved heaven and hell to keep acquiring goalies to put in front of Hart.

With Hextall out of the way, Hart was always going to win the job.

Reactions: Tripod

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Say Hart stays up and keeps up how he's been playing, maybe with minimal improvement. How many games do you want him playing next year? Are you comfortable with a Hart and Stolarz/Lyon tandem or do you get someone in FA that can play 30-40 games for you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad