GDT: #44| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | January 13th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Seriously, are you related to him?

I am rooting big for MDC and I loved him when we drafted him… let's settle down just a tad. He doesn't look out of place in the NHL which is a great sign. Traditionally he seems like the type that needs some time to adjust to a higher level, hopefully that trend continues at this level in time.

I don't see this year being his breakout season, I see it next year as long as he continues to play the right way and make smart decisions on the ice. I can always forgive execution mistakes from youngsters, the mental mistakes are the red flags. So far, his game fits the pro style and I like what I see.

His skating doesn't look bad, but that's something that he's going have to continually work on. I do love his length with the lanky frame and the long stick. If he had that little extra burst in his skating, he could be very disruptive on the forecheck. I like that he's the F1 on his line, he always keeps moving and pressuring the puck.

I would like to see him get a little PP time to see what he can do with the extra time and space. In the midst of a playoff run, his development is secondary. For now, he just needs to keep doing what he's doing. I saw him out there late in the 3rd taking his usual shift with Flip and Leo while Barzal and Beau were stapled to the bench to preserve the W. That tells me that Trotz likes what he sees and trusts him.

Bro... Have you watched him tho

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Strong game, hats off to y’all! On paper this was the best lineup the Lightning can ice right now. Very impressive first period, this game should keep our team honest and pulled them back down to earth a bit. Also, Trotz is a god. Good luck going forward, you’ve got something good going!

Thanks, will make sure to congratulate your team when they are lifting the cup this year. Seriously, just give it to the Lightning now and let's start the 2019-20 season early!

Reactions: LightningStrikes

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Hopefully MDC continues to get stronger. I think a few extra pounds of muscle will help his skating especially that burst. Not to mention he will also be harder to knock off the puck. I am hopeful he develops into a sold middle 6.

If he can get slightky faster and stronger, we may see him use one of his best assets—his wrister. If he doesn’t, the offense likely won’t come around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad