GDT: #44: Stars at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
all this picture is lacking is scott laughton for it to be the scariest picture of all time.

Someone's going down.

All it's missing is Sam C. himself up there with them, tongue out and all.

Reactions: flyersfan187

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
You have lost your mind, and its a train wreck to watch lol. Clarke is such a non factor with the team its comical how worked up you get.

Game tonight, its a lock, Flyers win by multiple goals

As long as this wanker's stooge (Holmgren) is running the show, he has a foot in the door.

Clarke is clever, not a good GM but sneaky and clever. Holmgren is as smart as ox. connect the dots

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
beer is under plenty of ice.....to say that I'm "read" for tonight's game is an understatement - I C-A-N handle this ! :nod:

I think :eek:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I’m taking my wife out to dinner tonight so I’ll miss at least the 1st period. I remember when this actually mattered. Good times.

I jus want to see Hart have a good game and perhaps a goal from Patrick. As far as the final score? Just don’t care anymore. It’s hard not to want them to win, but a loss probably benefits them more in the long run. Sad.

FWIW, here are my mid season grades. Grades are based on performance in regards to expectations

Goal: As a team, they get a D, however most, as individuals, get an incomplete because of how few games they’ve played.

Defense:
Overall they get a D
Individually,
Provorov D
Ghost D
Gudas B-
Sanheim B
Hagg C
AMac D
Folin C-
Sanheim has been solid especially for a rookie who is now playing heavy minutes, and Gudas has been pretty decent most nights. The rest have been ok to flat out bad on way too many evenings.

Forwards:
Overall D-
Individually,
Giroux B
Coots B-
Konecny C
Patrick D
Voracek C-
Lindblom D+
Weal D+
JVR D
Simmonds D-
Laughton B+
Raffl C+
Weise C-
Varone C
Lehtera 2-4 years prison, ok incomplete
The group overall has been a mess, Laughton can be proud of himself, and Giroux except for a few defensive lapses has been very good. Coots has been better of late probably due to finally being healthy but the rest have been pretty bad on way too many nights

Special teams:
Overall D-
Powerplay F
PK D
The PKs improvement over the last 6 weeks or so is the only reason this group eked out a D-, yeah it’s been that bad

Coaching D
This team needs a top notch head coach and a whole brand new staff in the worst way. There is obvious disconnect between players and coaches and the Flyers need to do what they did in 2002. Hire a big name guy with a track record that commands instant respect. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Quenneville but it can’t be a rookie head coach either.

Overall team grade: F
They’re in dead last, it’s the grade they deserve.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
If your reservation is for Applebee's again, your ass will be watching that 1st period tonight.
I wouldn’t let my dog eat at Applebee’s or any of those other vile glorified fast food chains. We don’t eat out a lot, but we usually prefer good, family owned places that serve good food at a reasonable price and don’t mark up the booze to the point of ridiculousness

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
wonderful, Clarke is back at practices.

I'm 100% convinced the alumni BS about Hextall was all about Hexy not wanting Clarke to stick his nose into practice.
Hextall often had Clarke next to him in the press box when Clarke was in town, & even had Clarke travel with the team before the trade deadline a year or two ago to bounce ideas off of.

Reactions: BiggE and hatcher

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Hextall often had Clarke next to him in the press box when Clarke was in town, & even had Clarke travel with the team before the trade deadline a year or two ago to bounce ideas off of.

either way, the fact that people in the organization value Clarke's viewpoint tells me all I need to know about the organization. This dinosaur has nothing helpful to offer.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The shh was for the post bc it was too long and I don't feel like reading long posts.

You sure have a very specific formula for what you deem to be truth. x + y = casual, embarassed, "revealing" - must be hard to be someone with such little critical thinking or ability to see differing views. Do you live in an echo chamber? Participation awards on your desk?

We're all humans. People have different opinions that does not mean yours is right or wrong. It is what it is. Stop being insulting. You're becoming unbearable like @deadhead. Don't like what I have to say? Offer real dialogue. When you start with a juvenile insult, I stop reading.

Seriously? its so painful when people on here post this but continue to argue. You are either lying and reading the whole post, or else having an arguement with somebody while intentionally ignoring their responses. either one looks super dumb.

Also good for you for having an opinion that you can't back up at all, I still think its a stupid one. Since Yzerman was considered a bad captain when the Wings were a bad team, and then a great captain when they assembled an all star team.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I’m taking my wife out to dinner tonight so I’ll miss at least the 1st period. I remember when this actually mattered. Good times.

I jus want to see Hart have a good game and perhaps a goal from Patrick. As far as the final score? Just don’t care anymore. It’s hard not to want them to win, but a loss probably benefits them more in the long run. Sad.

FWIW, here are my mid season grades. Grades are based on performance in regards to expectations

Goal: As a team, they get a D, however most, as individuals, get an incomplete because of how few games they’ve played.

Defense:
Overall they get a D
Individually,
Provorov D
Ghost D
Gudas B-
Sanheim B
Hagg C
AMac D
Folin C-
Sanheim has been solid especially for a rookie who is now playing heavy minutes, and Gudas has been pretty decent most nights. The rest have been ok to flat out bad on way too many evenings.

Forwards:
Overall D-
Individually,
Giroux B
Coots B-
Konecny C
Patrick D
Voracek C-
Lindblom D+
Weal D+
JVR D
Simmonds D-
Laughton B+
Raffl C+
Weise C-
Varone C
Lehtera 2-4 years prison, ok incomplete
The group overall has been a mess, Laughton can be proud of himself, and Giroux except for a few defensive lapses has been very good. Coots has been better of late probably due to finally being healthy but the rest have been pretty bad on way too many nights

Special teams:
Overall D-
Powerplay F
PK D
The PKs improvement over the last 6 weeks or so is the only reason this group eked out a D-, yeah it’s been that bad

Coaching D
This team needs a top notch head coach and a whole brand new staff in the worst way. There is obvious disconnect between players and coaches and the Flyers need to do what they did in 2002. Hire a big name guy with a track record that commands instant respect. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Quenneville but it can’t be a rookie head coach either.

Overall team grade: F
They’re in dead last, it’s the grade they deserve.

Lehtera is the MVP for landing himself in prison.
He's one less scrub we have to worry about discarding.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
either way, the fact that people in the organization value Clarke's viewpoint tells me all I need to know about the organization. This dinosaur has nothing helpful to offer.
I disagree with you. He had his flaws as GM & never won a Cup, but he’s intelligent & knows hockey. Wouldn’t want him back as GM, but I certainly think he’s valuable to have around for input.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I disagree with you. He had his flaws as GM & never won a Cup, but he’s intelligent & knows hockey. Wouldn’t want him back as GM, but I certainly think he’s valuable to have around for input.

"Get guys that work hard" and "players who don't have goofy parents"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I wouldn’t let my dog eat at Applebee’s or any of those other vile glorified fast food chains. We don’t eat out a lot, but we usually prefer good, family owned places that serve good food at a reasonable price and don’t mark up the booze to the point of ridiculousness

So, Ruby Tuesdays?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
"Get guys that work hard" and "players who don't have goofy parents"
You paint him like a simpleton, but he’s anything but. May not have won a Cup as a GM but had a lot of success. More than most GMs. And he’s certainly not just a “work hard” cliche machine. I think he probably has more insight to offer than 90% of people around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad