GDT: #44: Stars at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Joseph

Dec 25, 2017
Florida Panhandle
One of my NHL favorites is coming to Philly tonight ! I was hoping the Flyers would have got him from Montreal a few years back
upload_2019-1-10_17-26-9.jpeg

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
You paint him like a simpleton, but he’s anything but. May not have won a Cup as a GM but had a lot of success. More than most GMs. And he’s certainly not just a “work hard” cliche machine. I think he probably has more insight to offer than 90% of people around the league.

He did nothing to build that 80's team. It fell apart underneath his watch.
The only great move he had was getting murray Craven.

THe only good move he made was getting Kjell Samuelsson for Bob Frose.
I can;t think of any other beneficial trade.
And the farm system went into the toilet.

His second tenure he was gifted Lindros and he was able to buy players.

He was an ape.

Reactions: Embiid

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
If I was a leftist Social justice warrior imbecile, Bob Clarke would be my trigger word. I would get offended and demand reparations for the mental damage he caused me.

Reactions: Domino666

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
Just used the bathroom, read the "tea leaves" and came to this conclusion for the game tonight....

At first the game will be energetic and a little nutty, but as the game goes on the Flyers will become less than solid. End result the Flyers are still a pile of crap.

4 logs to 2 logs Dallas

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He did nothing to build that 80's team. It fell apart underneath his watch.
The only great move he had was getting murray Craven.

THe only good move he made was getting Kjell Samuelsson for Bob Frose.
I can;t think of any other beneficial trade.
And the farm system went into the toilet.

His second tenure he was gifted Lindros and he was able to buy players.

He was an ape.

I hate Bobby Clarke and this take is absurd.
Hiring Mike Keenan was a great move.
Trading Bob Froese wasn't just a good move, it was amazing. Has there ever been a goalie who led the league in all significant categories lose his job to a rookie and get traded to a division rival the next year? No one would do that.
The Recchi trade was quite a bit better than amazing.
The Flyers never had high draft picks but he did actually make quite a few decent picks - Scott Mellanby (2nd), Gord Murphy (9th), Murray Baron (8th). The Flyers gained a reputation for being great at picking middle-late in the first because of Clarke -- Zubrus, Gagne, Williams, Carter, Richards.

Clarke also had a good run in Minnesota.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I hate Bobby Clarke and this take is absurd.
Hiring Mike Keenan was a great move.
Trading Bob Froese wasn't just a good move, it was amazing. Has there ever been a goalie who led the league in all significant categories lose his job to a rookie and get traded to a division rival the next year? No one would do that.
The Recchi trade was quite a bit better than amazing.
The Flyers never had high draft picks but he did actually make quite a few decent picks - Scott Mellanby (2nd), Gord Murphy (9th), Murray Baron (8th). The Flyers gained a reputation for being great at picking middle-late in the first because of Clarke -- Zubrus, Gagne, Williams, Carter, Richards.

Clarke also had a good run in Minnesota.

Clarke was hired in 1984. Mellanby was drafted in 1984. Id like to know if Clarke had any real input in that draft.
Same with Keenan, was that more Keith Allen?

good for him made a good pick in Gord Murphy. I guess a blind man could make 1 good selection in 5 drafts.

I realized sometime in 1998 the guy had no foresight, no plan. I began calling for his head until 2006. The message boards were filled with people who wanted Clarke removed. Check the old AOL boards, if they still existed. I was there banging back in 1998/1999. I was in the anti-Clarke crew. We were the smart ones, the cool kids. ..... back in the days when I cared about message board poster of the year.

Reactions: Embiid

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m not sure what this organization’s obsession is with him. **** player, that most NHL clubs would barely play on their 3rd pairing - let alone a fixture in the top 4 when he’s healthy.

This is beyond just one coach or GM. Disturbing.

Almost wish this team would just fold.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Clarke was hired in 1984. Mellanby was drafted in 1984. Id like to know if Clarke had any real input in that draft.
Same with Keenan, was that more Keith Allen?

good for him made a good pick in Gord Murphy. I guess a blind man could make 1 good selection in 5 drafts.

I realized sometime in 1998 the guy had no foresight, no plan. I began calling for his head until 2006. The message boards were filled with people who wanted Clarke removed. Check the old AOL boards, if they still existed. I was there banging back in 1998/1999. I was in the anti-Clarke crew. We were the smart ones, the cool kids. ..... back in the days when I cared about message board poster of the year.

I wanted Clarke fired in ~ roughly 1996. I knew by then he was pissing away the Lindros era.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
I wanted Clarke fired in ~ roughly 1996. I knew by then he was pissing away the Lindros era.

well then you're smarter than me.

I'm always positive in the beginning of a reign. I was on board with Holmgren for a while.
1998/1999 was the turning point for me. I should have known better after he threw top picks away for Pat falloon, alexander daigle, and i think there was someone else.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

When he said he didn't want Shanahan because he was one of Lindros' drinking buddies I was pretty enraged.

I also hated pretty much every coach the Flyers had between Keenan and Lavy. I thought Dineen was OK (Farwell) and Roger Neilson was good.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
When he said he didn't want Shanahan because he was one of Lindros' drinking buddies I was pretty enraged.

still not sure what to think about that situation.

It would have taken Roddy to make the deal.
It would have filled one hole and opened up another

same with Roenick when he went to Phoenix. There needed to be a trade.

I dont think the Flyers had the assets to make either move.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Almost wish this team would just fold.

I would enjoy seeing this mainly to see what would happen to Dave Scott.

Never met the man, he could be lovely but I’ve judged. He’s been weighed. He’s been measured. He’s been found wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad