GDT: #44: Stars at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I’m going to highly disagree, but I’m not going to rip you apart for it. The players are definitely having some confidence issues but I don’t think it’s leadership.

Two of our alternate captains are issues. AMac is an alternate and arguably the worst defenseman on the team (how can your veteran dman and alternate captain set an example for the young dmen if they are awful?) oh and Simmonds...by all accounts, he either doesn't care or is injured - either way, what example is he setting as a leader? Play through the pain and stink or stop caring. Our on-ice leaders leave a lot to be desired right now.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I saw this posted somewhere else a few weeks ago but i'll repeat it. If your hanging on to good locker room guys, can you tell me why? what difference is that making at all? Those good locker room guys really are helping us win games lately huh?

Also, Dallas if you want to leave behind Seguin or Benn that would be okay.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
It has nothing to do with "learning an AHL system." Oh, they're learning it alright. It's transplanting an AHL system, that good AHL coaches obliterate, into the NHL against NHL coaches using NHL systems.

How are you not seeing the disadvantage? The usage has generally been better, but the Flyers under Gordon have no ability to exit or enter the zone. This chaotic jumble going on right now doesn't even work at the AHL level with one of the best rosters in the league some nights; Gordon has one of the worst coaching records of any NHL head coach; there's a reason he wasn't some coveted hire by another team. This sh*t doesn't fly in the NHL. You might as well lament that a great NHL coach can't succeed with AHL talent, so it's the coach's fault.

This was predictable by anyone who watched the Phantoms.

I could find a million of these courtesy of myself and others. Or just blame Giroux. o_O

I agree that AHL systems are shit. Hence why I hated Stevens as a coach too. My issue is, we seem to have consistency issues no matter who the coach is except for Laviolette which tells me, while we've had a parade of crap coaches, we need another dominant voice in the locker room. Perhaps G's leadership style isn't like Pronger's - which is fine - but without Pronger or Lavy, our team has yet to look motivated, consistent or passionate. This isn't just now - it was this way the past 5 years. I think Giroux is an extremely talented forward, one of the best in the league. But maybe we need a "bad cop" leader or veteran with a different style. Surely having AMac and Simmonds lead the charge with him as player leaders is more of a detriment than anything else.

Ya'll can stop jumping to the conclusion that I AM BLAMING GIROUX. I have yet to do that. Stop being so dramatic. I do 100% believe we need a strong veteran leader on this team. We shouldn't always be this streaky no matter whose behind the bench.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I was listening to Gerard Gallant on NHL Radio yesterday talking about his fast tempo system and how he wants his players playing in the middle and together through each zone....then i look at the flyers shot charts and how they play in the neutral zone, and i cry.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
So I can watch tonight’s Flyers game or I can:

A. Watch paint dry
B. Get a root canal
C. Watch some garbage on Bravo with the wife
D. Sniff some glue

Hmmm, I’ll take any of the above for $1000 Alex

If you choose “D” you get to have a partner in Weise. Misery loves company.

Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was listening to Gerard Gallant on NHL Radio yesterday talking about his fast tempo system and how he wants his players playing in the middle and together through each zone....then i look at the flyers shot charts and how they play in the neutral zone, and i cry.

You mean the Gallant who got fired in Florida b/c he doesn't like analytics and preferred a physical defenseman over the speedy forward he was traded for? Imagine the outcry if we traded NAK for a physical, stay at home defenseman.

Vegas turned their season around when MAF turned his season around.
Gallant's done a good job there, but he was handed a deep, veteran squad off some great ED trades and picks.

If you want the Flyers to play a fast, up tempo game, I think Fletcher's gonna have to get some more fast players.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
if this doesn't excite you...i don't know what will.

MacDonald or Folin, guess the season rides on that decision.
At this point I want to showcase the veterans and hope they look good enough to garner a TDL offer.
Given how good we draft, I'd be happy with some mid-round picks.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I’m not sure what this organization’s obsession is with him. **** player, that most NHL clubs would barely play on their 3rd pairing - let alone a fixture in the top 4 when he’s healthy.

This is beyond just one coach or GM. Disturbing.
Locker Room Guy!

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Slow team with only one two way forward on it and he's isnt anything special skating either.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I’m not sure what this organization’s obsession is with him. **** player, that most NHL clubs would barely play on their 3rd pairing - let alone a fixture in the top 4 when he’s healthy.

This is beyond just one coach or GM. Disturbing.
Gone next year.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
You mean the Gallant who got fired in Florida b/c he doesn't like analytics and preferred a physical defenseman over the speedy forward he was traded for? Imagine the outcry if we traded NAK for a physical, stay at home defenseman.

Vegas turned their season around when MAF turned his season around.
Gallant's done a good job there, but he was handed a deep, veteran squad off some great ED trades and picks.

If you want the Flyers to play a fast, up tempo game, I think Fletcher's gonna have to get some more fast players.

I'd have no problem including NAK in some sort of deal.
He's an expendable asset.

The indispensable assests are Myers, Frost, Farabee. All the other prospects could be used in some sort of trade.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
all this picture is lacking is scott laughton for it to be the scariest picture of all time.

Someone's going down.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
C'monnnnnn……..it's like watching a continuous train wreck, enjoy.....

It has to get better.....eventually :sarcasm:

A somewhat similar analogy is that, in seemingly every other episode of CHiPs (yes, I'm that old), there would be a multi-car accident on the highway. Several seconds after the initial collisions, cars would continue to add to the wreckage at full speed, often going airborne.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
MacDonald or Folin, guess the season rides on that decision.
At this point I want to showcase the veterans and hope they look good enough to garner a TDL offer.
Given how good we draft, I'd be happy with some mid-round picks.

Any thoughts of a TDL offer for MacDonald would make me wonder if some industrial-strength glue has gotten into the ventilation system of the inquiring organization. MacDonald has nothing else to prove; he is known to be bad, will continue to be bad, and is owed another season at $5 million. Maybe Folin can garner a mid-range pick but, again, he's not going to suddenly wow any team with scouts worth their weekly salary. The Flyers are best served to ride out MacDonald's contract as a very expensive popcorn-eater and use ice time for the young players who actually have a developmental trajectory.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I haven't watched at least 5 games in a row, and don't really plan on watching this one either.

The team is uninspired, boring, and bad, even though most of this roster has the ability to play hard-nosed, exciting, and well with some personnel changes. Meanwhile, AMac is back at the morning skate.

It's not even worth bitching. Causes too much aggravation

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
wonderful, Clarke is back at practices.

I'm 100% convinced the alumni BS about Hextall was all about Hexy not wanting Clarke to stick his nose into practice.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
wonderful, Clarke is back at practices.

I'm 100% convinced the alumni BS about Hextall was all about Hexy not wanting Clarke to stick his nose into practice.

You have lost your mind, and its a train wreck to watch lol. Clarke is such a non factor with the team its comical how worked up you get.

Game tonight, its a lock, Flyers win by multiple goals

Reactions: mize370
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad