Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS (H) vs. Capitals (A) | Saturday, Apr. 17, 2021 | Flyers lose 6-3

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
When you've got league-worst goaltending and a defense corps comprised of too many players who are extremely weak defending in the last third of their own zone, it's inevitable that your PK is going to stink.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
WE'RE # 2 !!! :yo:

2nd most goals against in the league .....

should be in the top dozen at Draft time, eh ? ;)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When you've got league-worst goaltending and a defense corps comprised of too many players who are extremely weak defending in the last third of their own zone, it's inevitable that your PK is going to stink.

Pronger would look weak defensively in this shitshow system. It's unbelievable how routinely one man is left to fend off an entire forward group.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
WE'RE # 2 !!! :yo:

2nd most goals against in the league .....

should be in the top dozen at Draft time, eh ? ;)

What's crazy is that the Flyers have only scored 10 more goals than the Sens, and only given up 3 less goals than the Sens. Yet the records are very different. But it goes to show that I think this team is overachieving hard, and not because individual players are, but just that the Flyers lucked out in stupid ways this year. Lucked out to get near the playoffs but also unlucky at the same time because that luck put them further away from a top 10 pick.

Reactions: BillDineen

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That dude has had some downright lazy, dont-care plays lately

And I usually believe the average player is always trying. Including him. But he's been egregious lately.
If anyone on the roster is half-assing it, it’s him.

Although there’s times where I’m about to call him lazy but then I think it might just be that he’s a legitimately stupid player. Kinda like how I waver back and forth between thinking he’s incredibly selfish and incredibly stupid. I’m still not sure.

All I do know for sure is he’s probably one of the most blatant cases of a players stereotype being radically different from their actual style of play I've ever seen. The guy is supposed to be sort of a Couturier-lite type guy, but he plays absolutely nothing like him.

People still defend him to the death because they want to defend the staff, but he’s been absolute trash for a long time. Even with his scoring accounted for.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If anyone on the roster is half-assing it, it’s him.

Although there’s times where I’m about to call him lazy but then I think it might just be that he’s a legitimately stupid player. Kinda like how I waver back and forth between thinking he’s incredibly selfish and incredibly stupid. I’m still not sure.

All I do know for sure is he’s probably one of the most blatant cases of a players stereotype being radically different from their actual style of play I've ever seen. The guy is supposed to be sort of a Couturier-lite type guy, but he plays absolutely nothing like him.

People still defend him to the death because they want to defend the staff, but he’s been absolute trash for a long time. Even with his scoring accounted for.

Maybe it's covid and he just doesn't feel well, ok? Maybe if Ghost wasn't sharing his fiancee with the locker room this never would've happened. This is why he should have been traded a long time ago

Reactions: Striiker

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
What a waste of time. Is it me, but isn't it intuitively obvious even to the dullest of minds that they do not have enough talent,, speed, and guts to play a man's game?

I am not mad just disgusted.
To be brutally honest the Flyers roster is made up of a bunch or 3rd and 4th line forwards, who'd most likely be healthy scratches on better teams throughout the league. They also have a horrid defense, with perhaps the worst goaltending in the entire league.
As for the ED, I would protect the younger players and keep Couturier, but the rest?.......

Stumble40

Jun 24, 2019
I was at the game today. After Ovechkin scored the First goal the place erupted, it was like a caps home game in there

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To be brutally honest the Flyers roster is made up of a bunch or 3rd and 4th line forwards, who'd most likely be healthy scratches on better teams throughout the league. They also have a horrid defense, with perhaps the worst goaltending in the entire league.
As for the ED, I would protect the younger players and keep Couturier, but the rest?.......
Well this is just a bunch of horse shit

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This warrants.....

More shame bell!

5645cc3f79e4e95a-shame-game-of-thrones-gif-6-gif-images-download.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Once again, every problem is defense, defense, defense. Sure, the breakdowns and system confusion and disaster PK don’t help the net result, even if the goaltending is most culpable. But this team is putrid offensively, apart from sheer talent, at every strength. No one mentions it in the general media — because well, it’s all defensive issues!

I’m sure the off-season managing will be focused on team defense (even if chasing on the walls and being hemmed in is a system design). But this team is so poor systematically in transition and in generating shots and chances. But you can’t acknowledge that because then it makes every facet of the team look bad. And who does that fall upon? Besides, HockeyGuys always prioritize defense over offense.

Also, Wade has looked like the Old West hero we need. Wouldn’t it be great to have open roster spots for him and Tanner and Frost next season?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That dude has had some downright lazy, dont-care plays lately

And I usually believe the average player is always trying. Including him. But he's been egregious lately.

And Voracek's been better? JVR got a goal cherry picking. Otherwise meh. For what they're paid . . . time to clear house, if they're this bad with these two and Ghost, then they won't be missed, and you can use that money to find players who might make a difference.

Here's what really sucks, Laczinski injured, Patrick? Lindblom obviously needs a week off, he just doesn't have the stamina to play on an every day basis this year, but LHV gets into a COVID situation - and you wonder why I call this a clusterf---k season? Eight games left bring up Foerster and Wisdom and let them play and sit some veterans.

Ghost was bleech, at least Sanheim was making plays, though he still can't finish to save his life, 242g, 19-54 at ES, that's basically 6-18 24, or what you get from a typical D-man, not a top offensive D-man.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
my humble summation.....

1. cliques in the "room"
2. cancers in the "room"
3. the above causing a very troubling locker room ?
4. pretty obvious they aren't having fun.....at all :(
5. haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored
6. ghost goes out of his way not to pass to provy
7. a lot of Flyers don't seem to associate with provy during the game
8. whole teams lacking confidence
9. where is the team from before the first "plandemic" shutdown ??
10. .....just a humble opinion
11. "Bartender!!!!!!, another beer, please" !
:surrender

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
my humble summation.....

1. cliques in the "room"
2. cancers in the "room"
3. the above causing a very troubling locker room ?
4. pretty obvious they aren't having fun.....at all :(
5. haysie never seems to congratulate G on goals scored
6. ghost goes out of his way not to pass to provy
7. a lot of Flyers don't seem to associate with provy during the game
8. whole teams lacking confidence
9. where is the team from before the first "plandemic" shutdown ??
10. .....just a humble opinion
11. "Bartender!!!!!!, another beer, please" !
:surrender
Interesting. Things to think about.

Reactions: phlflyer1

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The one thing that has been missed is Lyon really didn't have a bad game, 4 of the goals were deflections, two off Flyers who didn't want to block shots (Myers off the skate), one a clean shot by Ovechkin off the face off where he was moving - no shame in that! Not saying he was great, but better than Elliott in April - why not play him a few more times and see if he has a future here?

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad